Does MSE advance the maxilla?

Deleted member 10172

Deleted member 10172

CEO of Cope
Ok I understand MSE expands the maxilla, but it also advances it? and how many mm? Is it even enough to make a difference?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
yes dr. Ting said more than 0.5 mm but less than 1 mm

you can advance it more using a protraction device

• +1
Reactions: N1c, MSEFM and Deleted member 10172
according to my broscience you would need a device that in addition to expanding to the sides would also expand forward

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172

what is this?

• +1
if used with fm

• +1
according to sim f its basically a weaker LF3

• +1

so basically it's bullshit? Wait so how does MSE improve breathing so well if it only expands the upper jaw by only like 1mm?

How many mms is this transformation?
66e3d9f5c44ffd0f3b49dec54a5198d0.gif

so basically it's bullshit? Wait so how does MSE improve breathing so well if it only expands the upper jaw by only like 1mm?

How many mms is this transformation?
66e3d9f5c44ffd0f3b49dec54a5198d0.gif

thats like over 10mm

mse opens airways laterally which helps ur hormonal profile and increases t

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, MentalistKebab, Deleted member 10172 and 1 other person
  • +1
thats like over 10mm

increases T???

also what would u recommend for improving the hyoid bone? or submental area?

do u really think its possible to get life changing results with bimax, I just don't think it is possible.

thats like over 10mm

A guy who said that, said it was roughly 4mm

any palate expander improve hyod bone,submental area is hyod+jaw bones,the wider and more projection you have, more bigger the ''vacuum''

• +1
increases T???

do u really think its possible to get life changing results with bimax, I just don't think it is possible.

if that's u, u need bimax imo

get mse + facemask first though

hyoid raising is keeping your tongue in the right place (check out the mewing thread in BotB, but you'll need bimax to comfortably do that without shit neck posture

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 10172
increases T???

more protraction = the higher the hyoid bone

there is a muscle that goes from the chin which is lifting the hyoid, if your mandible is recessed your hyoid is automatically going to be bad

• +1
Nothing outside of surgery is going to make any significant change to your AP maxillary position once the majority of growth is complete (late teens).

• +1
Nothing outside of surgery is going to make any significant change to your AP maxillary position once the majority of growth is complete (late teens).
Why?

As growth completes, there is fusion of sutures at the skeletal level. Ability to modify them without surgery is incredibly limited. Contrary to the desperate face pulling efforts of some of the adults here, it simply doesn't happen to any significant degree.

• +1
Your only shot of major maxillary movement after growth slows down enough is remodeling of the maxilla (on the cellular level) rather than actual movement (on a sutural level). There is some forward movement of the maxilla after any expansion acting on the suture like MSE of 2mm or less. This is without any facemask. Expansion moves the maxilla forward like this and the main point of resistance is the zygomatic buttress (see C and D):

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, SOS-Sonic, N1c and 1 other person
As growth completes, there is fusion of sutures at the skeletal level. Ability to modify them without surgery is incredibly limited. Contrary to the desperate face pulling efforts of some of the adults here, it simply doesn't happen to any significant degree.
@betamanlet toughts?

• +1
Hmm from reading some threads on this over the past hour or so, I wonder is SARPE wouldn't be a better option overall for post-puberty guys like me.

@betamanlet toughts?
True to an extent. It's difficult to move the maxilla, i.e. change its relationship with other bones of the skull, after growth is done. What remains possible, however, is changing the shape of the maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, N1c and Deleted member 10172
True to an extent. It's difficult to move the maxilla, i.e. change its relationship with other bones of the skull, after growth is done. What remains possible, however, is changing the shape of the maxilla.
why does shape matter

I saw a post by John Mew the other day, saying that between 18-25 you can actually move the maxilla forward by 1-2mm per year with mewing, after 25 its about 1mm. I have seen this happen with dedicated mewers who were past puperty.

So I guess it is plausible that both forward growth and remodeling happens unless you are very old.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Deleted member 10172 and N1c
@rrrrrr8526 "mse opens airways laterally which helps ur hormonal profile and increases t"
Is this true? Evidence?
Never heard that lateral width of maxilla / larger airways affect you hormonal profile and increases testosterone...

@rrrrrr8526 "mse opens airways laterally which helps ur hormonal profile and increases t"
Is this true? Evidence?
Never heard that lateral width of maxilla / larger airways affect you hormonal profile and increases testosterone...
It doesn’t anyone who said that is retarded

It doesn’t anyone who said that is retarded
It affects the airways that is why people who have or fake sleep apnea gets it but the last part is indeed a bit pseudoscience