Does MSE increase IPD and PFL?

AcneScars

AcneScars

Retired
Greycel tier thread Ik but I have close set eyes with low PFL and since the only fix is orbital box osteotomy (which I’m not getting), I was wondering if MSE could give longer PFL since the zygos move outwards

• +1
Reactions: amkcel and Need2Ascend
There's no such thing as bad PFL unless you are under 28.5mm.

MSE will increase PFL yes, but only by like 0.5 JFL, it is a very minuscule change and there's a huge chance it will mess up your ES ratio.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: amkcel and Deleted member 6892
There's no such thing as bad PFL unless you are under 28.5mm.

MSE will increase PFL yes, but only by like 0.5 JFL, it is a very minuscule change and there's a huge chance it will mess up your ES ratio.
Can you tell me how to calculate ES ratio?

Can you tell me how to calculate ES ratio?
ESR (eye separation ratio): 0.45-0.47
measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone). the "third eyeball method" - a theory in which the distance between your eyes should be another eye apart - is widely accepted in determining whether or not your eyes are an appropriate distance away from eachother, however this is flawed and incorrect. here is a thread explaining why, along with some more useful information about this measurement.
60CEB6F9-C6D0-4F0E-96E2-4474F074CF72.jpeg

• +1
Reactions: AcneScars
It won't increase either by a noticeable amount.

I have an ESR of 0.41. How bad is that?

mse don’t do much aesthetically

There is this theory that if you chew much when your sutures split from MSE you could get your upper midface to widen a bit(IPD,PFL,Bizygomatic width), that's what I'm basically testing rn

So basically I’m fucked, aren’t I

what are your bizygo width + IPD measurements? you can change es ratio, but only by altering the bizygomatic component

There is this theory that if you chew much when your sutures split from MSE you could get your upper midface to widen a bit(IPD,PFL,Bizygomatic width), that's what I'm basically testing rn
did you notice difference? how it go?

did you notice difference? how it go?
Initially big changes. But now that the gap is back closed and the molars tilted inward, barely different than before mse. Changes werent harmonic either. Very underwhelming

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Initially big changes. But now that the gap is back closed and the molars tilted inward, barely different than before mse. Changes werent harmonic either. Very underwhelming
could you explain your experiment in more detail?

could you explain your experiment in more detail?
You mean chewing during expansion? The idea was that the strong forces from chewing when sutures are weakened from mse would broaden the face more, like the distance between the eyes

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
You mean chewing during expansion? The idea was that the strong forces from chewing when sutures are weakened from mse would broaden the face more, like the distance between the eyes
yes that is the idea, and how did you test it? Example: "I performed X number of turns over x months, during those x months starting from day x I would chew mastic gum for x hours a day"

• JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend
yes that is the idea, and how did you test it? Example: "I performed X number of turns over x months, during those x months starting from day x I would chew mastic gum for x hours a day"
Nah dude I don't have the time to protocol everything I do. I just turned around 50 times 1-2 times daily. back then I chewed mastic all the time anyway 3-4x a week 30-60 minutes

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Nah dude I don't have the time to protocol everything I do. I just turned around 50 times 1-2 times daily. back then I chewed mastic all the time anyway 3-4x a week 30-60 minutes
thanks, how many mm did you expand? And were you mewing?