Does overbite cause inward gonials, does braces fix it.

ongongfr

ongongfr

curry bone moggerr
Im getting invaslign for my overbite, its not a bone thing its jsut that my lower jaw, is missaligned, bassically i can shift it back and fourth so there trying to fix that. I have inward gonials and im wonder if getting braces will fix that and if overbite casue gonials to go inward.

• +1
Reactions: greycel and PsychoH
Im getting invaslign for my overbite, its not a bone thing its jsut that my lower jaw, is missaligned, bassically i can shift it back and fourth so there trying to fix that. I have inward gonials and im wonder if getting braces will fix that and if overbite casue gonials to go inward.
@Orc @Michael Myers

• +1
Reactions: org3cel.RR and Gengar
from what i know it causes recessed chin but shouldnt do anything for gonions

• Hmm...
Reactions: greycel
Depends on the reason for the overbite

Most overbites, class 2 malocclusions are a result of improper breathing

Study

It would affect the entire skull then, resulting in less gonial flare

Mewing GIF

Also you might not have inward gonions.
I explained what they were in this post:

Depends on the reason for the overbite

Most overbites, class 2 malocclusions are a result of improper breathing
View attachment 2987791
Study

It would affect the entire skull then, resulting in less gonial flare

View attachment 2987789

Also you might not have inward gonions.
I explained what they were in this post:
Seems like cope, I was born recessed as an infant and I saw a recessed mandible in a pic literally few months after birth

Overbites are accompanied with inwards slanted ramuses often, braces won't fix that.

Seems like cope, I was born recessed as an infant and I saw a recessed mandible in a pic literally few months after birth
Your anecdotal evidence doesn't discredit actual research
But yes, I said for the most part Overbites are caused due to improper breathing
Overbites are accompanied with inwards slanted ramuses often, braces won't fix that.
Yeah its a sign of a modern diet

Also camouflague orthodontics, specifically braces with elastics, can be used to move the lower jaw forward which would cause a slanted ramus to become more exaggerated

I had buck teeth like this, but less worse:

Mine were less to do with the size and more to do with the proclination of my upper, central incisors

I've never seen it as bad as mine were before with any child in public. I had 4 premolar extractions before puberty and 7 years of braces with elastics. The average is 2 (even without elastics).
The result is I became exceptionally downgrown.. to the point I'd wager I've got the most downgrown maxilla on this site.

I have a very forward slanted ramus too.
In my baby pics, I had a square jaw.. so mine was a result of mouth breathing. Also there is no history of malocclusion in my family

This is my anecdote on this matter

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
its extremely rare for men to have inward gonions. you would get jaw mogged by the average woman if you really had inward gonions

• +1
Reactions: ongongfr
You're a brachy pajeet. Impossible for you to have "rounded gonions".

You're a brachy pajeet. Impossible for you to have "rounded gonions".
im 6,1 at 16. I hit late puberty, start of freshman year i was 5,9. Doctors said i could grow to 6,4 by 21