Does playing Basketball increase your height at the age of 20 ?

Deleted member 9389

Deleted member 9389

Zephir
I am 180 cms ~ 5 feet 11 inch tall.
For a 20 year old guy like me [ OP ], is height-maxing possible if you stretch your spine - like in Basketball ?
My father is 5 feet 11 inch tall and my mother is 5 feet 5 inch tall.
2 of my 1st cousin brothers are 6 feet 2 inch tall despite having their parents of average height.

no

• +1
Reactions: EdouardManlet, Mexicanboi, Hades and 5 others
Curry grandma cope

• +1
Reactions: RoundHouse and Deleted member 5912
crappy thread cope

So, is playing Basketball in-order to increase height an utter cope ?
yes jfl biggest cope of all times, basketball players are tall cuz they have tall genes not because they played basketball and grew

yes jfl biggest cope of all times, basketball players are tall cuz they have tall genes not because they played basketball and grew
I am still going to play Basketball and give it a try before roping.

You're 20 and not even a teen and asking something a 14-16 year old would ask.

Leg lengthening is all you're left with after 23, tops.

I am 5'8 and going in on the LL.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9389
You're 20 and not even a teen and asking something a 14-16 year old would ask.

Leg lengthening is all you're left with after 23, tops.

I am 5'8 and going in on the LL.
Are you really ready for that excruciating pain ? :feelswah::dafuckfeels:

Are you really ready for that excruciating pain ? :feelswah::dafuckfeels:

Basically there are two areas with which you can get the metal rod inserted.

1. Tibia
2. Femur

It's less painful on the Femur, so they say. Obviously you will be put under an anaesthetic, but yeah there is gonna be pain when you're going through the rehabilitation process and the amount of effort you put in will impact how well and quick you recover, as well as just how much lower mobility you get back. Doing extreme intense workouts and playing intense sport for instance.

^ Me asking on the official forum for LL about recovering full lower mobility. An actual surgeon answered and specifically noted that it hinges on the effort you put in to stretch and twist the rod and all this other shit. You also need a surgeon that does regular checkups on you in the weeks and months post-surgery. It's just something I have to go through man. I ain't settling for being 5'8. Fuck that. Initially I was 2 inches and now I am at 3.5 - 4 inches. I won't go beyond 4 inches though, as 5 inches is where you begin to risk your chances of being able to do intense physical activity again.

Last edited:
  • +1

1. Tibia
2. Femur

It's less painful on the Femur, so they say. Obviously you will be put under an anaesthetic, but yeah there is gonna be pain when you're going through the rehabilitation process and the amount of effort you put in will impact how well and quick you recover, as well as just how much lower mobility you get back. Doing extreme intense workouts and playing intense sport for instance.

^ Me asking on the official forum for LL about recovering full lower mobility. An actual surgeon answered and specifically noted that it hinges on the effort you put in to stretch and twist the rod and all this other shit. You also need a surgeon that does regular checkups on you in the weeks and months post-surgery. It's just something I have to go through man. I ain't settling for being 5'8. Fuck that. Initially I was 2 inches and now I am at 3.5 - 4 inches. I won't go beyond 4 inches though, as 5 inches is where you begin to risk your chances of being able to do intense physical activity again.
Good luck man. 👍🏼✌🏼✨

1. Tibia
2. Femur

What surgeon are you looking at? I'm thinking of Giotikas

Op

its tall—>basketball

not

basketball—>tall

glhf with height

• +1