Does posterior impaction have the same effect as CCWr?

K

KpopmaxxingGuy

Coping with genetic inferiority
Just learned from my ortho that I would not be getting CCW rotation, but instead I would be getting differential posterior impaction to fix my anterior open bite. Then there would a combo of upper jaw advancement and lower jaw retraction (lower jaw will also be rotated along the horizontal plane to fix the midline) Of course, my ortho isn't a surgeon, but he seems somewhat blackpilled (even considered ethnicity when talking about advancement of the maxilla)

My question is, will the posterior impaction result in a similar aesthetic result as a counterclockwise rotation? What are the merits of doing one over another?

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
No, it's the opposite of CCWr.

• +1
Reactions: geenk worg
No nigga, it's clockwise rotation
You have to see what works best for you
There is no one who could answer based on this information

Last edited:
Just learned from my ortho that I would not be getting CCW rotation, but instead I would be getting differential posterior impaction to fix my anterior open bite. Then there would a combo of upper jaw advancement and lower jaw retraction (lower jaw will also be rotated along the horizontal plane to fix the midline) Of course, my ortho isn't a surgeon, but he seems somewhat blackpilled (even considered ethnicity when talking about advancement of the maxilla)

My question is, will the posterior impaction result in a similar aesthetic result as a counterclockwise rotation? What are the merits of doing one over another?
Do you have an underbite? Mind pming me your face?