does retin a work if exposed to oxygen?

jj43

jj43

Iron
just found my retin a gel has a small hole pierced. Will this make the retin a useless?

Have you ever heard of scotch bro?

the drink?

Maybe it's not a english word jfl, I meant tape: You put it on the hole so you're sure you don't have a problem.

• +1
Reactions: jj43

• JFL
Reactions: Newguyaround and middayshowers
who the fuck would trust a shitty piece of duck tape for a 100 gallon aquarium JFL

who the fuck would trust a shitty piece of duck tape for a 100 gallon aquarium JFL
It’s not duct tape, it’s flex tape bro

A lot of people are treating this thread as a joke, but yes a retin-a is very sensitive to light and oxygen. Retinols in general decompose very quickly and after a month it will only work at about 50% if it’s efficacy when you first opened it, with light and oxygen exposure increasing this decompression

It’s recommended you store retin-a (especially ones in cheap tubes like from alldaychemist) in a dark place like a drawer and in a plastic bag. And also don’t leave the top open for longer than about 10 seconds and screw that bitch back on tight.

A lot of people are treating this thread as a joke, but yes a retin-a is very sensitive to light and oxygen. Retinols in general decompose very quickly and after a month it will only work at about 50% if it’s efficacy when you first opened it, with light and oxygen exposure increasing this decompression

It’s recommended you store retin-a (especially ones in cheap tubes like from alldaychemist) in a dark place like a drawer and in a plastic bag. And also don’t leave the top open for longer than about 10 seconds and screw that bitch back on tight.
wel shit I left my retinol open overnight once, probably fucked it up but I still feel it drying out my skin so I think it still works.

wel shit I left my retinol open overnight once, probably fucked it up but I still feel it drying out my skin so I think it still works.
Yeah it’s probably fucked. Also the drying out or the skin is because it’s a gel and not necessarily because it’s retinol. If it burns when you put it on then that means it’s still working a bit, but it will still likely not get you maximum results.