Does rotating the maxilla counter clockwise actually decrease the midface and vice versa?

Deleted member 2012

Deleted member 2012

Magic
I have recessed jaws and I am planning double jaw with a surgeon to bring both my jaws forward. But my doctor said she wants to rotate my maxilla clockwise in order to be able to give me more forward growth.

And I hear people on the forum talking about rotating the maxilla ccw to reduce midface so that makes me fear that by doing the opposite my midface will become longer.

I’m very worried about this because my current midface isn’t bad, it’s a little longer than ideal but it is not a long midface. But if it is increased any longer it could become a problem.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 1707, the next o'pry and 1 other person
Do you have good cheekbones or a flat midface?

Lefort 2 can decrease entire maxilla lenght by rotating it upwards but dont know about LF1, may be some lip lift would be needed.

lookijg at the face from the right side I’m assuming?

did your facepulling attempt fail?

I have recessed jaws and I am planning double jaw with a surgeon to bring both my jaws forward. But my doctor said she wants to rotate my maxilla clockwise in order to be able to give me more forward growth.

And I hear people on the forum talking about rotating the maxilla ccw to reduce midface so that makes me fear that by doing the opposite my midface will become longer.

I’m very worried about this because my current midface isn’t bad, it’s a little longer than ideal but it is not a long midface. But if it is increased any longer it could become a problem.
You are going to end up looking like a fucking gorilla imo

only maxillary impaction can make your maxilla shorter

Do you have good cheekbones or a flat midface?
Thats what she said! She said that by rotating it ccw it would make my zygos look more recessed and by rotating clockwise it would make them stick out more.
I don’t think my zygos are recessed. You tell me I will send you pictures.
lookijg at the face from the right side I’m assuming?
Yes, my right side is more recessed but both are.

did your facepulling attempt fail?
Yes

• So Sad
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
I think your midface wil be shorter only if there's impaction.
I am considering double jaw too and this scares me as well, I am afraid of my midface becoming too short.

CW is performed on people with short face syndrome. Is your lower third shorter than other two? Do your gums show up slightly when smiling? Do you have an overbite?

I have a perfect bite and forward grown jaw/chin but still have no zygos...

Thats what she said! She said that by rotating it ccw it would make my zygos look more recessed and by rotating clockwise it would make them stick out more.
I don’t think my zygos are recessed. You tell me I will send you pictures.

Yes, my right side is more recessed but both are.

Yes

Why it was a fail ?

Why it was a fail ?
me giving up has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the face puller. Copeandrope’s face puller is legit. The reason I gave up is because no one would coat my appliance with the necessary soft material in my city. And without the soft material I could only pull at a very weak force without hurting my gums. Copeandrope’s ideal appliance is made with the soft material that allows the user to pull at very strong rates without hurting the mouth.

You don't need to rotate clockwise to get forward movement. Sounds like a recipe for disaster unless you have a short face to begin with. But can't say much about your case without profile pic / ceph.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
You are going to end up looking like a fucking gorilla imo
that's the whole point
evolution took a wrong turn somewhere in time
protruded nibbas are the moggest out here

It would appear seeing by this diagram i don't know though best 1 i could find
I have a perfect bite and forward grown jaw/chin but still have no zygos...

MSE will do wonders im pretty sure face hacking made a testable prediction that said mandibular widgth creates a more projecting zygos mse could do wonder

me giving up has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the face puller. Copeandrope’s face puller is legit. The reason I gave up is because no one would coat my appliance with the necessary soft material in my city. And without the soft material I could only pull at a very weak force without hurting my gums. Copeandrope’s ideal appliance is made with the soft material that allows the user to pull at very strong rates without hurting the mouth.

Try to order it outside of your state; seems like a simple solution in my opinion. Also you wrote the same exact text a while back. A bit odd lol

Try to order it outside of your state; seems like a simple solution in my opinion. Also you wrote the same exact text a while back. A bit odd lol
@Tyrionlannistercel so is it legit

I copy pasted the same thing because I don't want to take the time to write that every time someone asks the same question
@Tyrionlannistercel so is it legit
yes, I believe so

Only if you have vertical growth face
And if IT would be possible to rotate whole face (avi)
Which is almost not possible now so no.