Does shoulder bone size matter?

D

Deleted member 8225

Iron
Can a decent sized shoulder bone compensate for a average clavicle? My bideltoid is 18.5” without gymmaxx but my biacromial is about 15.5.

Height: 177cm

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
Not sure what you mean. I think as long as it looks like 18.5, yes. Still only slightly above average though.

• +1
Yes, look at Phil Heath:

He has short clavicles. What's your excuse?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Deleted member 6873
I haven’t gymmaxxed though how many inches could I add?

• +1
I haven’t gymmaxxed though how many inches could I add?
1-2 inches. Maybe 3. Depends on your overall frame (wrist size, ankle size), and your hormonal levels. Can’t hurt to try though. You could get to 20 inches, maybe.

• +1

• +1
Clavicle length doesn't matter if you work out properly
Absurd. Clavicle length does matter as it limits how big you can get. Same way the size of your wrists and ankles limit the overall size you can make your arms and legs.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, EverythingMaxxer, Framletgod and 1 other person
Yes it does and if you can support it with a strong neck, it would look great. Yet you can create a delusion with working out your shoulders.

• +1
Absurd. Clavicle length does matter as it limits how big you can get. Same way the size of your wrists and ankles limit the overall size you can make your arms and legs.
If you're talking about maximum bodybuilding potential, yes. But I don't have the impression that op is trying to become an IFBB freak but rather wants more shoulder width to look more proportionate, which is easily achievable with proper delt training.

• +1
Is 44cm bideltoid good?

If you're talking about maximum bodybuilding potential, yes. But I don't have the impression that op is trying to become an IFBB freak but rather wants more shoulder width to look more proportionate, which is easily achievable with proper delt training.
That’s what I said...

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst
Incredibile how the fact that op was talking about the humerus got over the head of so many people in this thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8225
Yes, below average clavicle length will make it very difficult for you to get a v-taper if you have average length hips.

why would u care? just work with what u already have

Small ribcage just looks pathetic but u can still make shoulder muscle bigger

going to the gym is always better than rotting here

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back