Does skincare actually make a difference or is it a complete cope and scam?

B

BrownEyesWD

Iron
Title pretty much

I feel like the majority of before and afters the pictures are just not consistent with lightning, angles, etc

Any one here go on a religious skincare routine and actually made a noticeable difference with same lighting before and afters?

it does but not even skincare can beat genetics

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, normie_joe, Deleted member 23564 and 1 other person
skincare only helps u maintain IMO

if u have severe acne just use accutane

Title pretty much

I feel like the majority of before and afters the pictures are just not consistent with lightning, angles, etc

Any one here go on a religious skincare routine and actually made a noticeable difference with same lighting before and afters?
It's not about having some huge skincare routine most of the time. Skincare is very complicated because there are so many different products out there that it's hard to know where to start or which ones will work best for you or how much to use of a certain product or what products to mix with other products.

I used curology when I had terrible acne which has a really good cleanser and moisturizer it's my favorite I have tried from any other brand. They also will provide you with a custom formula of treatments mixed in a serum and you add that to your face every night and they customize it just for you and your skin goals and skin type. This made it easy for me because I didn't have to choose what skincare products to use they chose for me. I now stopped using the serum because I figured out I don't get many breakouts if I do the face wash and cleanser everyday.

Skincare makes a big difference if you have acne or dirty/oily skin. It's best to just use a simple gentle cleanser and moisturizer and maybe one product mixed in if there is a specific problem you are trying to fix with your skin. Don't get it too complicated where you are applying 5 different things per day.

I am also considering trying to add in azelaic acid into my routine and a chemical exfoliant (which will get rid of blackheads on your nose and unclogs pores. I have also considered tretinoin but I am not sure if it's a good idea because it can cause purging (initial skin breakouts before the skin gets better) and I don't think I want to deal with having acne breakouts and red marks left that take awhile to fade. I am also not sure if I want to have glossy skin like tretinoin gives people but it also does give people incredibly soft, smooth, even toned glowing skin so I am not sure if the risks outweigh the potential benefits

• +1
Reactions: redmaxx
skincare only helps u maintain IMO

if u have severe acne just use accutane
tretinoin can help with bad acne or things like differin can help too I think

yes but takes fucking ages to see results

Most products are a complete scam and don’t really do anything for most people. Most people have bad skin bc of diet and hormones not some type of bacteria on their face so topical products won’t really fix their problems.

Of course nobody’s gonna tell u this because the skincare industry is big and they have successfully brainwashed most people to think you need this stuff.

• +1
Reactions: Yung and Deleted member 33164
Cleanser, tretinoin, moisturizer is ALL YOU NEED REST IS COPE

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7, normie_joe and Gaygymmaxx
Title pretty much

Yes hyperpigmentation, acne, discolouring makes a difference to how your face looks.

skin care is not cope but for some acne it is thats where accutane comes in and saves the day

i used to have very bad skin and now my skin is really good so it is a really important for your looks

skin care is not cope tho just make sure the products youa re using are high quality and have good active ingredients for your skin type

Title pretty much

Skincare is actually one of the most legit and easy to do Looksmaxes, you can do it on your own like I just did my weekly Mechanical Pore Cleansing before shower...

Face is somewhat red and a few scratches here and there, but when it heals 3 days after you do is when the magic happens: the redness and scratches go away, the terrible looking blackheads vanish and as the strange bodies have been removed from skin, the inflammation stops and the skin gets much smoother, leveled, tighter...

It's a great way of making the nose less bulbous as the nose has a tendency of getting lots of clogged pores, mine got way better but there's still much to do... I need to buy a hot steam + vacuum devices so I can do it all... I also bought a couple of regular needles to burst pimples and, in a near future, remove milia from the under eyes...

I think it won't be necessary, but I'll learn how to do subcision so I can remove my own acne scarring at home... If I will do it or not depends on the dermatologist's performance...

Next will be completed hair removal: I already got little beard so I think removing it with laser is better, also got some vellus hair on my cheekbones that I don't like so they'll also go...

I don't trim eyebrows, only shave the uni and sometimes any random vellus that appears...

Will also do subcision to get rid of stretch marks that I got around the bellybutton, sides of hips and ass, inner thighs, knees, dorsal, side chest, inner upper arms and weird horizontal ones on lumbar due to growth spurts.

With time I'll laser my entire body but as that's expensive, it needs to be done with care...

I don't like using products, only thing I use is animal glycerin for skin hydration.

Research based skincare is worth investing in but it's really only for maintenance. Have to factor collagen/elastin, lifestyle, sun exposure, genetic background. Some people are just doomed regardless.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe