Does teeth size affect maxilla forward projection

NoReedemingFeature

NoReedemingFeature

Autistic and not ashamed
My maxilla is long enough to perfectly fit all of my teeth, however relative to my nose it's recessed because I have an extremely projected upper midface, including the nasal process.
I was thinking how would a maxilla that is therefore more projected and in line with my midface would look. I was thinking it's because my teeth are small and have my teeth been bigger there'd have to be more forward projection for them to fit.
That is the case with alveolar prognatism, right? The teeth are too big to fit into a normal sized maxillary arch therefore it is projecting forwards. And I don't think it would be any other way since humans don't have a retromolar gap.

• Hmm...
Reactions: reek
i mean if your teeth were bigger they would likely grow crooked, or they would grow in protruded, both of those things wouldnt effect the forward projection of your maxilla and they would be falios.

• Hmm...
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
i mean if your teeth were bigger they would likely grow crooked, or they would grow in protruded, both of those things wouldnt effect the forward projection of your maxilla and they would be falios.
So why is some people's maxilla more protruded? If it's not for teeth size what is it for? Humans don't have a retromolar gap, so how come the 16 teeth in each arch are more projected in some people when you say it's not for their size?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Allornothing
So why is some people's maxilla more protruded? If it's not for teeth size what is it for? Humans don't have a retromolar gap, so how come the 16 teeth in each arch are more projected in some people when you say it's not for their size?
@Allornothing given your react, could you explain if I'm wrong?

So why is some people's maxilla more protruded?
genetics ig
If it's not for teeth size what is it for?
Our jaws grow bigger and forwarder to chew things better. The reason why some poeple have more forward growth and some less is because the continuous reduction of jaw size probably brought advantages in that the extra off-center weight of a protrusive jaw impedes rapid turning of the head.
16 teeth in each arch are more projected in some people when you say it's not for their size?
for some reason some people in africa and austrialia tend to have more prognathism then others in other places, but i dont know the science behind it and why.