Does the absolute majority of facial asymmetry come from postural imbalance?

K

Krakowski

Kraken
Or what else is it? I know that my maxilla can be more developed on one side than the other but why is my face asymmetrical as a whole?

Will fixing my posture have a chance of minimizing the asymmetry of my face?

@Gargantuan @Interested @horizontallytall

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Interested and goldpill
I posted a tiktok and a foid commented making fun of my asymmetry

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: extremchange628181 and Krakowski
It comes due to recession on one side. U will see ur forehead is more rounded on one sode to with less temple definition and ur infraorbital on the asymmetric side will provide poor support compared to other. Recession or downswing is what is the cause. But recession is cause due to chewing habits and maybe postural imbalance too . I my case it was the former.u have to clench hard using a mouth guard all day this will make everything even atleast in my case . I provided my logic .

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691 and Krakowski
Or what else is it? I know that my maxilla can be more developed on one side than the other but why is my face asymmetrical as a whole?

Will fixing my posture have a chance of minimizing the asymmetry of my face?

@Gargantuan @Interested @horizontallytall
Personally I have (or had) slight asymmetry on the right side of my maxilla and mandible positioning, that keeps getting more symmetrical as I age. And also simultaneously I have been paying attention to my posture more and more since I was around 16-17 years old. So I think it's likely that your asymmetry might improve due to correct posture (but not guaranteed).