Does tretinoin definitely work for acne?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Im approaching 1.5 months on tret almost. I think that i had no purge tbh, my acne didn't/doesn't look much worse then it did before.

Now im not sure if its placebo or not but i think the only positive for now is my skin looks smoother and texture is more even. I still get acne like usual so idk if it will work on that area.

When did tret show the most results for you? When did you notice an obvious difference

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, ChristianChad and Kamui
Weren't you carnivore?
Just go Ray Peat without any dairy/lactose for a month.
Sleep 7h30 or 9h MINIMUM. CONSISTENTLY. DAILY.
Drink 4L water daily.

Come back with results.
I don't care about you not asking for this advice, try it before anything else for health purposes

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: jfbjfb, Deleted member 22354, ang3l and 1 other person
Weren't you carnivore?
Drink 4L water daily.

Come back with results.
I don't care about you not asking for this advice, try it before anything else for health purposes
Im not carnivore now for like half a year, i eat eggs, milk, beef, sourdough bread, butter, potatoes, rice. Tbh i didn't drink milk for 1 year at one point and had no difference in acne

Three months in I got that gayish glow from tret and acne completly cleared

Three months in I got that gayish glow from tret and acne completly cleared
is the glow permanent? Mind showing an example of what it looks like?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17997
Yes it works, as long as your diet is in check.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Lorsss
Finally getting results after 10 months on tret I have no more active acne and haven't had any pimples in 2 weeks. I was in a state of half good skin half acne skin for a long time until I went from 0.025% to 0.1% last month.

• +1
Reactions: Kamui
Weren't you carnivore?
Drink 4L water daily.

Come back with results.
What if I wake up after 7 hours and can't go back to sleep?

Its most likely normal/natural, especially if you sleep at 9-10am, cause you sleep by circadian rhythm and wake up when the sun shines in your face. This is how technically humans should be sleeping and waking up

• +1
Reactions: serbiangandy
Finally getting results after 10 months on tret I have no more active acne and haven't had any pimples in 2 weeks. I was in a state of half good skin half acne skin for a long time until I went from 0.025% to 0.1% last month.
I'm considering buying a .025% to improve the skin texture. How much of an improvement have you seen on that side bhai?

I'm considering buying a .025% to improve the skin texture. How much of an improvement have you seen on that side bhai?
0.025 sounds so weak tbh, im on 0.05

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ and szolliontaraelis
Its most likely normal/natural, especially if you sleep at 9-10am, cause you sleep by circadian rhythm and wake up when the sun shines in your face. This is how technically humans should be sleeping and waking up
Yeah, I often go to sleep at like 10pm. I don't fall asleep for an hour or so, but then wake up the next morning at 6am. This is usually how it goes. Even if my alarm didn't ring yet, I still wake up.

0.025 sounds so weak tbh, im on 0.05
Wouldn't that make the skin irritated in the first few days? I read someone got medicals burns off this stuff :lul:

And are you using it before going to bed or just once a week?

0.025 is the percent dermatologists give to people who use it only for texture/anti-aging benefits. I noticed a pretty good improvement in texture - if you are consistent with it you will get clear, smooth skin. The only problem is you will most likely get the tretinoin glow which looks kind of gay. My skin is shiny and almost reflective in certain lighting despite having no products applied.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and szolliontaraelis
Wouldn't that make the skin irritated in the first few days? I read someone got medicals burns off this stuff :lul:

And are you using it before going to bed or just once a week?
Well i started immediately with 0.05, 3 times per week for 1.5 month no, no burning, no big purge, skin texture looks smoother but mild at best acne improvement. Like cystic acne looks improved but i get more nodular red acne now, maybe its the purge, thats how im coping

0.025 is the percent dermatologists give to people who use it only for texture/anti-aging benefits. I noticed a pretty good improvement in texture - if you are consistent with it you will get clear, smooth skin. The only problem is you will most likely get the tretinoin glow which looks kind of gay. My skin is shiny and almost reflective in certain lighting despite having no products applied.
What about 0.05? Think its effective for acne?

no it isnt, it went away after two months about

IMG 4055
looked like this before i stopped. before this i literally had like zero collagen and shit ton of blackheads

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444

View attachment 1901647looked like this before i stopped. before this i literally had like zero collagen and shit ton of blackheads
Yeah my skin is slowly becoming like this but not seeing much improvement in my acne tho

It works but takes longer than 1.5 months

• +1
Tratinoin is not ideal for acne and it has never worked for me.
Modern efficient acne treatment consists of: [1]
  • intaking omega3 fatty acids (cod liver oil is the best). If you do not intake omega3 than your body turns in a inflammatory states which increases acne too
  • avoiding foods with bad omega 3 : 6 : 9 ratio, such as peanuts and derivates
  • solution with 15% AHA and 1% BHA. (The one offered by COSRX is the best)
  • antimicrobic solution such as Ittiol and Boric acid, to inhibit growth of acne bacterium. Antibiotics nowadays do not kill acne bacterium anymore because it evolved to obtain antibiotic resistance.

• +1
Reactions: jfbjfb and TsarTsar444
Modern efficient acne treatment consists of: [1]
  • intaking omega3 fatty acids (cod liver oil is the best). If you do not intake omega3 than your body turns in a inflammatory states which increases acne too
  • avoiding foods with bad omega 3 : 6 : 9 ratio, such as peanuts and derivates
  • solution with 15% AHA and 1% BHA. (The one offered by COSRX is the best)
  • antimicrobic solution such as Ittiol and Boric acid, to inhibit growth of acne bacterium. Antibiotics nowadays do not kill acne bacterium anymore because it evolved to obtain antibiotic resistance.
Clindamycin topical was absolutely the most effective treatment i ever did for my acne, it stopped it completely almost instantly but it stopped working after 1 year of constant use cause of antibiotic tolerance

What about 0.05? Think its effective for acne?
It all depends on the person using it. I can use 0.1% daily with little moisturizer while some people on reddit will use 0.1% once and their face has a chemical burn. 0.025% just wasn't effective enough for my acne.
Like I said earlier, it depends on the person. Tretinoin works for some and it doesn't for others, but the points you make are all true and should be taken into consideration.
intaking omega3 fatty acids (cod liver oil is the best). If you do not intake omega3 than your body turns in a inflammatory states which increases acne too
A few months ago I was having a bad breakout I megadosed on omega3 pills and all the inflammatory acne calmed downed. There's so many factors that contribute to acne but I would start by looking at someone's diet/habits before trying any prescriptions like tretinoin, antibiotics, accutane. etc.
How long tbh?
It isn't one size fits all, but you will 100% see a noticeable difference at the 3 month mark if you didn't make any mistakes like most people do. Around the 6-8 month mark is when most people achieve their desired results, however there are always outliers like people who improve massively in 1 month and those who take two years (brutal).

View attachment 1901647looked like this before i stopped. before this i literally had like zero collagen and shit ton of blackheads
yoo that glow looks sexy I'm already on accutane but imma get some tretinoin aswell hopefully they work well together

• Love it
Reactions: Lorsss
yoo that glow looks sexy I'm already on accutane but imma get some tretinoin aswell hopefully they work well together
some people say using both at the same time dries the skin out alot but i think youll be fine if u moisturize. its depends on the person too how the skin reacts tbh

• +1
Reactions: Verse
some people say using both at the same time dries the skin out alot but i think youll be fine if u moisturize. its depends on the person too how the skin reacts tbh
aight I will make sure to moisturize and see how it goes hopefully 3 months time my skin will be model tier :love:

• +1
Reactions: GGG_THE_GOAT
Nothing is permanent, especially as you age, so you got to keep being consistent with it, especially once you stop being a youth (25 and plus basically).

Im approaching 1.5 months on tret almost. I think that i had no purge tbh, my acne didn't/doesn't look much worse then it did before.

Now im not sure if its placebo or not but i think the only positive for now is my skin looks smoother and texture is more even. I still get acne like usual so idk if it will work on that area.

When did tret show the most results for you? When did you notice an obvious difference
Having suffered severe acne in the past, I'm almost positive that acne is 100% diet dependent. All the topicals are big pharma BS that don't address the underlying issue. Whenever I consume a lot of sugar, processed foods, or chocolate, I always break out.

Each person's sleep cycles has different lengths.
90-minute is just a consensus.
If you CONSISTENTLY & COMPLETELY NATURALLY wake up after 7h of sleep then that's your 4 sleep cycles (or 5).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
Weren't you carnivore?
Drink 4L water daily.

Come back with results.
based.

I do the same and use soap only every other day, my skin is perfectly clean and glowing, I do not have to use anything for it, because my body relubricates the skin by itself, and all pores are now so fine that they are no longer visible.

Tret causes blemished skin for me, but a healthy body doesn't need it either. Sunscreen is also total cope.

I’ve been on tretinoin for about a year now, took me 4 months to show any big results, my purging was hard af I felt like quitting and dropping it but I pushed on, trust me OP you just gotta be patient, now my skin is clear af now

• +1
I’ve been on tretinoin for about a year now, took me 4 months to show any big results, my purging was hard af I felt like quitting and dropping it but I pushed on, trust me OP you just gotta be patient, now my skin is clear af now
SmartSelect 20220810 011011 Gallery
SmartSelect 20221010 185135 Photos

Before starting vs 1.5 months in. Acne definitely is worse but skin has more glow? Idk

• +1
Ye I was similar to you, mines was already bad when I started then got way worse, you’re purging rn so it’s obviously working
Fuark how is your skin now? Also the scars especially and collagen

• +1
Fuark how is your skin now? Also the scars especially and collagen
I’m like 90% clear rn, I get the occasional blackhead/pimple but never break outs, I don’t have any scars left over and my collagen is good

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 2729
I’m like 90% clear rn, I get the occasional blackhead/pimple but never break outs, I don’t have any scars left over and my collagen is good
mogger. I am scared for life jfl BRUTAL

• +1
mogger. I am scared for life jfl BRUTAL
Trust me the pay off is wayyy better, I get compliments for skin all the time from both genders plus the confidence boost is amazing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Trust me the pay off is wayyy better, I get compliments for skin all the time from both genders plus the confidence boost is amazing
brutal man stop the mogg. I just hope FRAXEL LASER or TCA CROSS can save me

Fuark but i already have the red scars as you can see in the picture, i think its called post inflammatory erythema. You think that will get fixed?

Fuark but i already have the red scars as you can see in the picture, i think its called post inflammatory erythema. You think that will get fixed?
Depends on how deep they are also skin tone, I had really bad cysts and hyperpigmentation but since I’m dark skin it didn’t really show up as much, yours might take longer to disappear but I’d say don’t worry about it since tret helps with discolouration a lot

Weren't you carnivore?
Drink 4L water daily.

Come back with results.
Is raypeat diet good for acne? Isnt it also based on eating lots of sugar and dairy products?

• +1
Not sure but I personally prefer cycling keto.
Cycling keto is good, but its not long term cause thyroid gets nuked overtime and cortisol as well

Cycling keto is good, but its not long term cause thyroid gets nuked overtime and cortisol as well

Could you elaborate a bit on that? It's a really strange coincidence because my grandmother had hyperthyroidism and I'm about to get some blood tests this week for that.

I took double the maximum recommended dose. Notice improvement after just two weeks.

I had a bunch on my chest from Winsterol. I think I got memed that roid had more androgenic sides than anadrol or Tren and it’s supposedly “midst androgenic”