Does weight training increase hair loss?

nuisance

nuisance

Gynomaster
I have a early genetic predisposition to balding from my moms dad but I can't get this off my mind. I got into the gym at 17 and pushed myself to the limit almost everyday since then. I noticed hairline miniaturization and 18 that slowly kept progressing. I am 20 now and recently got on topical finasteride.

Can intense lifting speed up the balding process?

• JFL
Reactions: ineonx
I have a early genetic predisposition to balding from my moms dad but I can't get this off my mind. I got into the gym at 17 and pushed myself to the limit almost everyday since then. I noticed hairline miniaturization and 18 that slowly kept progressing. I am 20 now and recently got on topical finasteride.

No.

• +1
Reactions: nuisance
even in genetically predisposed people? I understand if you don't have the gene you can do anything you want and you'll be fine. Smoking/stress/bad sleep are known to speed up MPB.
MPB is almost solely caused by sensitive receptors to DHT in the scalp.

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension, Azonin and nuisance

Yes