Does working out stunt growth in puberty

BrownTriad

BrownTriad

Iron
I've heard both sides
People claiming to have had a growth spurt after quitting working out
People who say it has no effect

Whichever side you adhere to, give an explanation as to why working out is good / neutral / bad for height gainssss

Its a really complicated topic because you can't give a definitive answer it could possibly stunt growth but i doesn't have to

For example my friend he has been lifting heavy weights since he was 14 and he is 5'9 at 17 while his dad is like 6'4 and his older brother is 6'3 so could that be from weightlifting, maybe...

But there are always other factors like his bad sleep schedule and lifestyle

• +1
Reactions: Pandora and BrownTriad
YES IT DOES. DO NOT LIFT HEAVY OR EVEN MODERATLY UNTIL 16. PROTEIN WILL GO STRAIGHT TO MUSCLES AND NOT FOR BONE GROWTH. If ur a retard and still want to lift then megadose on protein

• +1
Reactions: Pandora, BrownTriad, Deleted member 72978 and 1 other person
I've heard that it stunts your growth.

No, that is a myth, even with a good diet the possibility of growing increases.
Zyzz: Come At Me Bro on Make a GIF

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 72978
Tbh people can theorize all they want but the only right answer is that we don't really know.

Extreme training can incur a recovery toll which certainly can impair other bodily functions, and logically this would include height growth. On the other hand, some people may claim that because training elevates levels of hgh, this may indirectly increase growth potential. Who knows.

If you want to train (personally I think you should), I'd recommend a lower volume/frequency program aimed at preserving the body's resources through reducing excessive muscle damage. This will reduce your body's energy and protein requirements, and reduce the systemic toll of training.

• +1
Reactions: Pandora and BrownTriad
Just dont overtrain and ur good

My friend gave me a great idea

Im going to stop working out. My twin brother (not identical) will continue, and we will see who ends up taller

• +1
Reactions: copingtoohardrn
I've heard both sides
People claiming to have had a growth spurt after quitting working out
People who say it has no effect

Whichever side you adhere to, give an explanation as to why working out is good / neutral / bad for height gainssss
Yes. Here is my theory
Work out increase by a lot androgens, that convert to E2 via aromatase, which then contribute to close growth plates ( as E2 is the main contributor to growth plates closure ) and make you shorter

Im going to stop working out. My twin brother (not identical) will continue, and we will see who ends up taller
Doing it for science, don't forget to keep updating.

hes just gonna mog you in future though and everyone will know you as .....'s scrawny brother