Does Zinc decrease or increase testosterone?

M

meowingtwentyfour7

Iron
Zinc is an important mineral that suppresses androgens like testosterone. Now what the fuck I’m confused about is one article telling me that zinc-deficiency is BAD for us men and that it DECREASES testosterone because the lack of zinc causes testosterone turned into estrogen. Another article says that women that are looking to lower their testosterone need to increase their zinc intake.

So does zinc increase testosterone or decrease it???

• +1
Reactions: eiegta
Increase, you need to be careful because excessive zinc can result in a copper deficiency and vice versa.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, mathis and greycel
There’s was one ncbi study that was comparing zinc in normal vs abnormal sperm count/quality. The normal one had more zinc.

Zinc is an important mineral that suppresses androgens like testosterone. Now what the fuck I’m confused about is one article telling me that zinc-deficiency is BAD for us men and that it DECREASES testosterone because the lack of zinc causes testosterone turned into estrogen. Another article says that women that are looking to lower their testosterone need to increase their zinc intake.

So does zinc increase testosterone or decrease it???
if your deficient it may increase it, but keep your zinc: : cooper ratio

Well, the simple answer is
On high doses, like over 100mg+ it can lower test bc it lowers copper as they compete in absorbtion
In normal doses, it increases T and has many benefits and hair benefits too