Doing unpaid internships helped me a lot

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
Many people criticize unpaid internships for making you work for free, but in my experience, they were incredibly valuable for skill development. I learnt up the entire Django and Spring frameworks, along with working with APIs during my unpaid internship. It also gave me hands-on exposure to real-world industry challenges, unlike textbook problems, and I learned problem-solving techniques from senior back-end devs. This gave me a significant competitive edge and helped me secure my dream internships. Looking back, working for startups and doing those internships helped for free me out a lot. A lot of them are really chill too. Like 20 hours a week with flexible working hours and most of it is online. If you treat it as a learning opportunity rather than just "working for free," it can be really worthwhile.

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist, BeanletMogger, ReadBooksEveryday and 6 others
If you're a youngcel/college student then yeah. Otherwise not really.

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist, ReadBooksEveryday and Jason Voorhees
If you're a youngcel/college student then yeah. Otherwise not really.
If you doing it to learn a particular skills or as a teaching experience not really. Like AWS and Azure for example are cloud services. Free tier doesn't really come with all the services and it's expensive being in the internship allowed me to explore all the AWS services in detail and practice them for deployment.

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday and Swarthy Knight
@EdgyFashionist

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist
@NZb6Air

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
@ReadBooksEveryday

• JFL
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday
It is good but don't give a Jew company your free labor. Your talent on resume and the opportunity is enough to demand compensation. It is likely you come from a decent background and don't need it, but its more about the principle.

And I say this as a Jew.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Yeah but I have heard it's hard to get interships in general

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees