Don't cry about bad genetics until you've at least tried

B

Broski

Zephir
A year ago on lookism I was told I have shit genetics for building muscle and crappy frame (I was 5'10 130lbs) so I said fuck it and hit the gym for a year (today) and gained 25lbs and barely any fat. People now say I'm jacked, have wide shoulders and big arms now, and this is all while being natty and being relatively new to the gym.

I remember hearing a trend about how good your insertions are based off how many fingers you can fit between your bicep and elbow. I believed I was doomed because I could only fit 3 fingers and it couldn't be changed. Now I can barely fit 2 fingers (which is good). Even my wrist size has increased by almost half an inch.

Call it cope, but don't give up and blame genetics without actually trying. Ofc I believe genetics are everything, but some people don't know their potential and would rather LDAR than give it a try.

Once youve actually tried everything in your power, then sure be my guest and cry, point is many of you are giving up too early.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Sick, mug, Deleted member 8771 and 15 others
there aren't any good indicators that will predict how you respond to resistance training, you won't know until you do it for several years.

I also started with a mediocre frame, also post your progress to motivate greycells.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, ChristianChad, Deleted member 2729 and 4 others
there aren't any good indicators that will predict how you respond to resistance training, you won't know until you do it for several years.

I also started with a mediocre frame, also post your progress to motivate greycells.
That's my point, I was being flamed for having shit genes, had I listened i still would have been 130lbs twink bitching about "muh my genes crap"

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Orc and Tallooksmaxxer
Either I'm training wrong or my physique is just fucked, cause I've been training for 2 years and I still look twinkish

Holy shit you look good! How long have you been training and what's your stats?

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Either I'm training wrong or my physique is just fucked, cause I've been training for 2 years and I still look twinkish
just inject tbh. you might be low t. its fucked if you trained 2 year but still look twinkish.

please dont say hair or somth. just 1-2 cycle. any advice other than that is cope.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
It is actually Normal. People here for some reason overestimate what is possible naturally. :feelsokman:

I legit know people who go to the gym for a decade, and still look twinks. You could say: "oh they don't train right". Maybe. but many of them are capable of bench pressing 100kg :feelsrope:

• +1
just inject tbh. you might be low t. its fucked if you trained 2 year but still look twinkish.

please dont say hair or somth. just 1-2 cycle. any advice other than that is cope.
The thing is while my physique is not ideal I'm not sad about it perse. I think it's passable and its secondary to my face anyway, fixing my face is more important than fixing my physique right now

• So Sad
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
It is actually Normal. People here for some reason overestimate what is possible naturally. :feelsokman:

I legit know people who go to the gym for a decade, and still look twinks. You could say: "oh they don't train right". Maybe. but many of them are capable of bench pressing 100kg :feelsrope:
At least I look lean and not fat although it would be nice with some more muscle.. 🫠🫠🫠

The thing is while my physique is not ideal I'm not sad about it perse. I think it's passable and its secondary to my face anyway, fixing my face is more important than fixing my physique right now
just fix everything you can now dont delay it. it will just take 3-4 months with little money and time.

• Hmm...
just fix everything you can now dont delay it. it will just take 3-4 months with little money and time.
Idk isn't 1 cycle of test pretty fucking useless.. I might do it in my 30s

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
No gym for face

A year ago on lookism I was told I have shit genetics for building muscle and crappy frame (I was 5'10 130lbs) so I said fuck it and hit the gym for a year (today) and gained 25lbs and barely any fat. People now say I'm jacked, have wide shoulders and big arms now, and this is all while being natty and being relatively new to the gym.

I remember hearing a trend about how good your insertions are based off how many fingers you can fit between your bicep and elbow. I believed I was doomed because I could only fit 3 fingers and it couldn't be changed. Now I can barely fit 2 fingers (which is good). Even my wrist size has increased by almost half an inch.

Call it cope, but don't give up and blame genetics without actually trying. Ofc I believe genetics are everything, but some people don't know their potential and would rather LDAR than give it a try.

Once youve actually tried everything in your power, then sure be my guest and cry, point is many of you are giving up too early.
What do u mean fit fingers between biceps and elbow?? U can fit whatever u want there surely?

Well done on 25lb gain, v impressive

0B64D68C 95BA 43FE 81AE 5389A137F54C

• JFL
Reactions: AngryShortMale
what if ur non nt tho

and pics or cope

Who calls you jacked at 155, you are a skinny bitch.

Holy shit you look good! How long have you been training and what's your stats?
I am 6'2 205lbs right now but in the middle of bulking so I'm retaining a fuck ton of water.

over two years now, going into my third year of following some bizarre routine I made up.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Pics or never happened