Double jaw surgery and MSE

Drakos

Drakos

Bronze
I have a gummy smile and an overbite, Plus a narrow palate. I was wondering if you can get ccw double jaw surgery then get mse after my jaw is stable.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and SPFromNY914
I think you're supposed to get MSE first since you'll have screws and plates in your jaws after DJS

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, varbrah and NarcyChadlite
I have a gummy smile and an overbite, Plus a narrow palate. I was wondering if you can get ccw double jaw surgery then get mse after my jaw is stable.

No, first MSE, then bimax or maybe Le Fort I + IMDO (instead of BSSO)

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Alwaysevolving34, joeveniro and 7 others
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad, joeveniro, hairyballscel and 1 other person
Can bimax fix downward growth?

It can ameliorate it quite a lot, specially in combination with overlay zygomatic implants (and maybe other facial implants)

No procedure or therapy can fix it completely on its own.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Drakos
MSE first try face pulling first with the MSE before doing double jaw

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Drakos
I’m pretty sure that you can’t get MSE after Lefort so get the MSE first

It can ameliorate it quite a lot, specially in combination with overlay zygomatic implants (and maybe other facial implants)

Doesnt ccw by definition fix downwards growth.

How does bimax afftect the upper lip if youre only slightly recessed... will the upper lip appear bigger or smaller posr bimax????

I have the same problem. MSE first then CCW surgery

Wait... there is a maxillafacial surgeon on an incel website?

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
Wait... there is a maxillafacial surgeon on an incel website?

I registered to correct some misconceptions I read in this forum boards. I thought that would take only to reply a couple of messages, but...

And insomnia doesn’t help.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
Who knows. Can you do a proper consultation?
Hey doc don’t wanna hog ur time but it’d Be dope af if u can make a thread on the most common soft tissue changes that occur with a bimax (nose, Philtrum, nasolabial fold etc)

Also a comprehensive comparative thread of bimax vs something less drastic such as a chin wing would be beneficial. There’s a bimax plan every other day & am certain most users are unaware of the pre-surgery effort, cost & risk versus the reward they are getting. So raising their awareness about an alternative that’s evonomicslly feasible & less contingent but aesthetically might be just as good can bring more realism to this place

Last edited:
Hey doc don’t wanna hog ur time but it’d Be dope af if u can make a thread on the most common soft tissue changes that occur with a bimax (nose, Philtrum, nasolabial fold etc)

Also a comprehensive comparative thread of bimax vs something less drastic such as a chin wing would be beneficial. There’s a bimax plan every other day & am certain most users are unaware of the pre-surgery effort, cost & risk versus the reward they are getting

Sorry that’s too much work.

there are books there, if you are interested...

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Sorry that’s too much work.

there are books there, if you are interested...
What books would you recommend?
Approx how much downtime does one need after MSE treatment until you can proceed with a bimax surgery?