Dr.Coceancig Claims

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
Peek implants don't cause resoprtion but silicone does.

Any sources for that?

@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS @scalpel @Adrenochrome @Win200 @SurgerySoon @Cretinous

@Cardiologyscribe

Some PEEK implant catalogues claim that the solid nature maintains some muscle to bone connection which keeps the bone strong.

probably not though.

(they all cause an initial imprint)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Wallenberg, Gaia262, randomvanish and 1 other person
81499761 09B8 4DDC 8D6F F8979CF2DDE7

Can you please scan and upload? 172 dollars jfl

• JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
  • +1
Reactions: Warlow and Administrator
I don't really care to discuss this subject again for the millionth time.

I will just point out that this excerpt contains a LOT of ballyhoo, and next to nothing in the way of facts.
I agree, we’ve discussed this subject one too many times. It seems like the teens on this site lack the ability to critically think.
he said "studies showed resorption on silicone but not on peek".

I don't really care to discuss this subject again for the millionth time.

I will just point out that this excerpt contains a LOT of ballyhoo, and next to nothing in the way of facts.
i don't know what you said previously about peek vs. silicone but it seems like dr.coceancig is pretty confident about peek not causing resorption.

how are you so sure ?

i don't know what you said previously about peek vs. silicone but it seems like dr.coceancig is pretty confident about peek not causing resorption.

how are you so sure ?
b-ok.cc

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: kilgrave and homo_faber

how are you so sure ?

I've written about this extensively. I don't care to go over it again or the predictable circles this discussion will absolutely go in.

Notice that this piece is full of facts, not ballyhoo. Suppose Eppley is wrong (and all the hundreds of other surgeons who say the same thing) - okay. The issue is that there is no evidence that PEEK (or any other material for that matter) doesn't do the same thing and there is never any reasoning given for WHY it shouldn't be the same, since the process we are talking about is a result of physics not a biological reaction to the material.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
@baruch @Mark Strech share it please

Cat Please GIF by Atinum
Nigga it’s over, if you can’t buy a book what makes you think you gonna see Dr.C he charged insane amount for jaw surgery

• JFL
Reactions: randomvanish and Administrator
I agree, we’ve discussed this subject one too many times. It seems like the teens on this site lack the ability to critically think.
you think he's trying to make money off incels with extra unneccesary procedures? now that you say it it does make sense he's appealing to those perfectionists(neurotic) type of people, which is commonly seen here saying they dont want implants. who else does imdo?

By the way there is a bit of a misconception to clear up here:

The "erosion" or "resorption" or "settling" that is commonly worried about here is a phenomena that only occurs with chin implants, due to the unique anatomy of that area. It's not seen with any other type of facial implant.

That this happens is the reason many surgeons prefer to do genioplasty for chin augmentation and use implants for jaw angles or cheeks (which are not easily/effectively augmented with osteotomies)

To me the issues of silicone vs PEEK are an exact retread of the old debates about silicone vs MEDPOR. They used to make similar claims; that silicone caused problems and MEDPOR didn't because adhesive and tissue ingrowth blah blah. MEDPOR chin implants also have this issue of "settling" in the chin area that silicone chin implants do - so how confident do you feel that substances such as PEEK or titanium or whatever the fuck won't also have this effect, and why?

By the way - "studies" use to claim that MEDPOR was more resistant to infection because it allowed for tissue ingrowth and therefore allowed the body to deliver immune responses to infections. This was flat out baloney. Total fiction. It's not remotely true, the "tissue integration" being more like chewing gum and dogshit sticking to the soles of your shoes, and the porosity and adhesive texture of the implants actually increased the risk of infection.

The reality is most early studies are funded by the manufacturers, and the researchers are going to find whatever result they've been paid to find.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Also:

You seem to be asking a lot of questions about Coceancig. From this I infer that you're probably in Australia, and you're probably strongly considering Coceancig as a surgeon and seem to be in regular correspondence with him.

If that's the case, why the anxiety over materials? Coceancig feels comfortable with PEEK and that's what he uses, and probably already has an implant manufacturing company he has a strong business relationship with. So just go with the PEEK.

I don't think PEEK is any better than silicone, but it's probably not worse either.

Is this his newest - 6 Ways to design a face?

Edit - I see that it is. I was about to buy it. Now I am thinking I am in no rush. This is horrible.

How did you get it? It looks like a print out?

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and kilgrave