Dropping tretinoin again

Splinter901

Splinter901

救急醫療室
I first tried tretinoin 0.05% some months ago for like 1 week and at made my skin peel, look dry and gave me wrinkles under my eyes which went away after some time of me discontinuing it, I tried 0.025% now for a bit over 2 weeks this time not applying it under my eyes and this time the wrinkles under my eyes came back and they were massive. like literally deeper than even men in their 80's, they were the size of the grand canyon I also got a second line on my forehead which wasn't there before and the line I've always had got more prominent, the skin under my eye area seems thinner and closer to the bone making me look older, my skin looks like absolute shit it looks old and super dry and I need to mosturize all the time and even then it looks worse than it looked before I started using this crap and my nasolabial folds increased, some say to keep going but fuck this shit, there are people who kept going and only looked worse and worse some who have been on it for over a year and it's all just a donwhill looksmin, this stuff doesn't work for everyone, it definitively doesn't work for me so I'll drop it in it's entirety and do other stuff for collagen maxxing, there are also studies that say that tretinoin kills your fat pads which are extremely important for staying young so I'm permanently off that agemaxxing shit.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, mug, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
tretino is scary

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Splinter901
just do retin a matryxil and vitc+vite+ferulic acid

Did you try applying moistruizer and vaseline around your eyes before and avoiding applying to that area? Also your skin is supposed to purge once you start it, so once you stopped and started again the same process happened since you lost previous progress

I’ve been using differin for over a year so kind of the same thing, but i feel like it really dried my forehead skin out, definitely cured my acne but I might ween off of it soon I’ve been using less and less stuff and getting less acne

Did you try applying moistruizer and vaseline around your eyes before and avoiding applying to that area? Also your skin is supposed to purge once you start it, so once you stopped and started again the same process happened since you lost previous progress

I don't use vaselin and don;t put tretinoin near my eyes but I guess the wrinkles are from the tretinoin being displaced to the eye area when I apply moisturizer some time after applying tretinoin, I'm not going to continue because I'm seeing too many bad side effects and many comments I read online who say the same think then keep going and they only get worse even after a long time whereas those that say it works never got any heavy aging at the beggining.

just do retin a matryxil and vitc+vite+ferulic acid

will look into that stuff but retin a is just the brand name for tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
I don't use vaselin and don;t put tretinoin near my eyes but I guess the wrinkles are from the tretinoin being displaced to the eye area when I apply moisturizer some time after applying tretinoin, I'm not going to continue because I'm seeing too many bad side effects and many comments I read online who say the same think then keep going and they only get worse even after a long time whereas those that say it works never got any heavy aging at the beggining.

will look into that stuff but retin a is just the brand name for tretinoin
The bad sides are supposed to happen initially so you never actually learned whether you were a bad responder, and you didn't use any counter measures to improve your eye area. So idk how it's the products fault

same
does that do anything? it can still migrate under I reckon
The bad sides are supposed to happen initially so you never actually learned whether you were a bad responder, and you didn't use any counter measures to improve your eye area. So idk how it's the products fault
yeah but it gave him fucking wrinkles. and the sides never go away :feelsohgod:

same

does that do anything? it can still migrate under I reckon

yeah but it gave him fucking wrinkles. and the sides never go away :feelsohgod:
It helps for me. I'm not saying it 100% works but it's worth trying before someone stops using it. Also he said he tried it for 1 week and then 2 weeks which is nothing, so when he says sides never go away it's an exaggeration

It helps for me. I'm not saying it 100% works but it's worth trying before someone stops using it. Also he said he tried it for 1 week and then 2 weeks which is nothing, so when he says sides never go away it's an exaggeration

Yeah but then there are people who have been looking like shit for over a year and it never gets better, I'm not going to wait that long also I'd rather not deal with reduced facial fat.

Yeah but then there are people who have been looking like shit for over a year and it never gets better, I'm not going to wait that long also I'd rather not deal with reduced facial fat.
So how do you know you're on of those people? I see lots of people respond well to it over a year so I don't think that's a valid point since it can go both ways, Also pretty sure the study was done using oral retanoids. It's fine to stop using it but you haven't actually tried it properly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: fachero17
I decided to keep using it to a total of 2 or 3 months, if I don't see improvements there then I will completely call it quits, I just can't allow me to age and end up looking like a zombie.

Moisturizing is key. When I first started I was moisturizing every 10 minutes. Now I only moisturize once in the morning and at night. When I feel my skin getting dry I just skip a day of applying tret and only moisturize. Also iirc the study you mention wasn't done on humans but instead they applied retinoic acid directly to fat cells in a lab.

hm for me it made me look so much better other then folds. they got worse but are starting to get better. used since october, minimal peeling, i use urea cream too. ur right its too harsh for some but i reccomend u try basic retinals or retinol. u might see good results

also i dont have moisturize rm, just urea cream

nigga you gotta push through those, it gets worse before it gets better

After applying in the evening my skin looks perfect, then when I wash off tretinoin with cleanser in morning it looks completely red, my face and worse skin.

I first tried tretinoin 0.05% some months ago for like 1 week and at made my skin peel, look dry and gave me wrinkles under my eyes which went away after some time of me discontinuing it, I tried 0.025% now for a bit over 2 weeks this time not applying it under my eyes and this time the wrinkles under my eyes came back and they were massive. like literally deeper than even men in their 80's, they were the size of the grand canyon I also got a second line on my forehead which wasn't there before and the line I've always had got more prominent, the skin under my eye area seems thinner and closer to the bone making me look older, my skin looks like absolute shit it looks old and super dry and I need to mosturize all the time and even then it looks worse than it looked before I started using this crap and my nasolabial folds increased, some say to keep going but fuck this shit, there are people who kept going and only looked worse and worse some who have been on it for over a year and it's all just a donwhill looksmin, this stuff doesn't work for everyone, it definitively doesn't work for me so I'll drop it in it's entirety and do other stuff for collagen maxxing, there are also studies that say that tretinoin kills your fat pads which are extremely important for staying young so I'm permanently off that agemaxxing shit.
Apply fish oil along with tretinoin, literally, you will be suprised

r u using sunscreen

absolutely same is happening to me, i will drop

tret is something you gotta build up to. I started with 0.025 once a week, then twice a week, etc. and now finally I use 0.025 cream every day, sometimes skipping a day or two if my skin is feeling a bit flaky or peely. You also don't need to use a lot of tret or apply it everywhere on your face. I pretty much only put tret on my nose, forehead, and sometimes cheeks, never near my eyes. 15 min after I put on my tret I put on my moisturizer and a small amount of aquaphor (don't use vaseline it's not as good) on some dryer spots.

One thing you can try is putting a very thin layer of moisturizer before putting on the tret to act as a buffer layer.

My full routine is wet face > cerave hydrating cleanser (scrub into your skin thoroughly to get rid of dead skin) > rinse off face and dry > after 20 min (your face needs to be FULLY dry) apply tret > after 20 min put on lotion/moisturizer

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901
I want to drop every fucking day, my wrinkles under my eyes aren't even leaving with moisturizer now, I'm gonna buy vaseline this week and apply that too

I tried today with moisturize before Tret and Vaseline after, let’s see

• +1
Reactions: Splinter901
Honestly all skincare products have been a joke. Only avoiding the sun is legit imo