Dumbbell Vs. Barbell Bench Press — Which Is Best For Strength, Size, And Performance?

D

Deleted member 8365

ALLAH IS BLACK 😎
Both versions of the bench press can help with muscle growth. Depending on how you program your lifts, you can use either version for hypertrophy. That said, the dumbbell variation can allow lifters to achieve a longer range of motion, which can result in more muscle activation

Benefits of the Dumbbell Bench Press

• Help correct muscle and strength imbalances with unilateral movements.
  • Take it easier on your shoulders while building upper body pressing strength.

Benefits of the Barbell Bench Press

• Allows you to press very heavy weights to build upper body strength.
  • Teaches you to engage your entire body while maintaining a specific bar path under pressure.

For Muscle Growth

A 2017 study found that the dumbbell bench press elicited more pectoralis major and biceps brachii activation than the barbell bench press. (2)

The deeper range of motion of dumbbell bench presses might be the culprit and may help you build more muscle as a result.

On the other hand, the same study also found that the triceps brachii was more effectively stimulated by the barbell bench press.

So if you’re looking to target your triceps for growth, it might be more effective to use a barbell.
1563305204-on-se-muscle-on-go-minox-et-la-on-existe.png

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer
Easier to get progressive overload on barbell imo

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 30679
manlets will benefit from barbell lanklets from dumbell

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Easier to get progressive overload on barbell imo
add to this, less rest, slower tempo, more sets. Lots of ways to apply “progressive overload” to movements if you don’t want to tie ankle weights around dumbbells.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and castelldefels
only inclined bench press. Flat bench press is meme for gymcels and only fucking up shoulders. I only do dips, OHP and hasnt got any shoulder issue+my upper chest is growing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32094 and Mr. President
Everytime I do chest or dumbell exersize my lungs feel like they've been crushed afterwards, not exhaustion like literally crushed

think it might be time to quit vaping 💀

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8365
only inclined bench press. Flat bench press is meme for gymcels and only fucking up shoulders. I only do dips, OHP and hasnt got any shoulder issue+my upper chest is growing.
Cope like the pope

Everytime I do chest or dumbell exersize my lungs feel like they've been crushed afterwards, not exhaustion like literally crushed

yes vaping is dumb

Vaping/smoking is a looksmaxxing sin

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
hard to get the dumbbells into position once you can do a respectable weight

LOL you say flat bench messes up your shoulders and suggest dips, which are infamous for destroying your shoulders.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8365
Dumbbell incline is goated

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
I wouldnt overthink

Weighted pushups mog

Don't matter neither will turn from incel to NT

Cope harder shitskin Iranian
I’m Moroccan you indian monkey and homo erectus, im white skinned while you have the skin color of literal poop Kys you shudra streeshitting Dalit Dravidian Hijra

• JFL
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
I’m Moroccan you indian monkey and homo erectus, im white skinned while you have the skin color of literal poop Kys you shudra streeshitting Dalit Dravidian Hijra
Even worse
You could've been Aryan like me if u were Iranian, instead u are a Moroccan nigger, brutal

Even worse
You could've been Aryan like me, instead u are a Moroccan nigger, brutal
Literally MOG you to the depth of the Gange and back, curries are not human and have piss poor SMV compared to Arabs

every curries wished they looked Arab no wonder your bollywood actor look arabs too
, the average Bollywood actor is a HTN looking Arabs

put a arab chad in Indian and he will steal all the chicks jfl

we cuck y’all without doing anything

Even worse
You could've been Aryan like me if u were Iranian, instead u are a Moroccan nigger, brutal
Moroccan are taller,higher IQ , better looking, bigger dicker , phenotype can range from Western European to Mulattoes, slay more, taste more , more dangerous,lower inhib , lower EQ, better fighter, Muslims , and also better diet cause better cuisine

Literally MOG you to the depth of the Gange and back, curries are not human and have piss poor SMV compared to Arabs

every curries wished they looked Arab no wonder your bollywood actor look arabs too
, the average Bollywood actor is a HTN looking Arabs

put a arab chad in Indian and he will steal all the chicks jfl

we cuck y’all without doing anything
STFU you inbred Arab subhuman :lul:

LOL you say flat bench messes up your shoulders and suggest dips, which are infamous for destroying your shoulders.
nah im doing them on rings. Never had any issues. Stretch at the bottom + stabilizer muscles. Just dont fall for 1RM memes 10-12 reps range is good enough

tbh idk why i was able to progress more on db than bb, it was more fun and easier to track progressive overload as well

With dumbells you don't have to shout for help when you get stuck.

Dosen't matter hop on tren asap to pecs like a lactating women

Barbell press shoulder width grip