Dying is scary...

D

Deleted member 14693

Kraken
Like what comes after death...

• JFL
Reactions: cheerio and scrunchables

We are promised eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. Not some sort of spiritual and ethereal experience of an eternal life but rather a literal physical one. There will be a resurrection during the end times

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
View attachment 2772433

We are promised eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. Not some sort of spiritual and ethereal experience of an eternal life but rather a literal physical one. There will be a resurrection during the end times
Problem is I don't have faith in him, what will happen to me?

Problem is I don't have faith in him, what will happen to me?
From what I understand, you cease to exist after death and will not get resurrected onto a new and glorified (physical) eternal body.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
I think we are a meer simulation

If u take into account it’s completely possible to simulate with the right technology and even make simulations inside simulations

Odds are we aren’t that special to be the first real people

Idrc tbh if u wake up somewhere else so be it if not ur gonna be the same way u were before u were born and I know I wasn’t complaining about being in the void

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger and Deleted member 14693
From what I understand, you cease to exist after death and will not get resurrected onto a new and glorified (physical) eternal body.
Who’s to say ur the one with the right religion?

What breaks the concept for me is the fact there’s so many different religions and u have to magically guess between all of them which one out of the hundreads happens to be correct

If god really was fair to everyone why not give every single human the opportunity to find out about him?

So many people in Asia in particular North Korea will rise and die without ever hearing about him

So they go to hell then or cease to exist

If there is a Devine power it’s definitely not any religion we have here on earth

• +1
Idrc tbh if u wake up somewhere else so be it if not ur gonna be the same way u were before u were born and I know I wasn’t complaining about being in the void
this
i dont necessarily fear death because its essentially a new life depending on whether I'm conscious or not

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, Deleted member 51576 and Deleted member 21182
Who’s to say ur the one with the right religion?

What breaks the concept for me is the fact there’s so many different religions and u have to magically guess between all of them which one out of the hundreads happens to be correct

If god really was fair to everyone why not give every single human the opportunity to find out about him?

So many people in Asia in particular North Korea will rise and die without ever hearing about him

So they go to hell then?
Because polytheism is fraudulent. That removes all but 3 religions. Islam is a fraud because the afterlife isn't a sex orgy with endless virgins. Judaism is unfinished because there purposely is no concept of salvation/eternal life in Judaism. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism where God incarnated and revealed Himself to the world in the form of Jesus Christ. He came to redeem us and offer us a path to eternal life.

The historicity of Jesus' existence, the crucifixion, the empty tomb & resurrected are well established imo.

As far as the outcome of people who have never heard of Jesus...nobody knows. Logically, God would show these people grace and mercy.

Because polytheism is fraudulent. That removes all but 3 religions. Islam is a fraud because the afterlife isn't a sex orgy with endless virgins. Judaism is unfinished because there purposely is no concept of salvation/eternal life in Judaism. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism where God incarnated and revealed Himself to the world in the form of Jesus Christ. He came to redeem us and offer us a path to eternal life.

The historicity of Jesus' existence, the crucifixion, the empty tomb & resurrected are well established imo.

As far as the outcome of people who have never heard of Jesus...nobody knows. Logically, God would show these people grace and mercy.
There are way more then three monotheistic religions dude.

All the branches of christianity alone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 45760
There's no answer to what comes after death, we will never know until we die

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 45760
There's no answer to what comes after death, we will never know until we die
tru, no point in worrying abt things out of your control, like your looks! Just be confident bro.

• JFL
Reactions: Egyptianmogger
There are way more then three monotheistic religions dude.

All the branches of christianity alone
Nigga, the denominations of christianity all accept the foundational premise—that being Jesus is Lord and He died and was resurrected and that only through Him are we to have a path to eternal life.

The denominations argue over minutiae. They're not different religions.

What’s the point of confusing everyone then?

People who are of the “wrong” religion don’t get the afterlife because?

You can’t just say some religion isn’t right because u don’t think it is

Makes no sense if there’s a god why would he allow so many different religions just to confuse inoscent people

Some person who does right there whole life but happens to be the wrong religion dies

Makes no sense tbh that’s the single thing that made me agnostic. If you can’t be clear of communicate a sign to everyone why will I select favourites?

Only explanation is god has his favourites who happen to be lucky born into the religion

But then he wouldn’t be a very good god

• +1
Nigga, the denominations of christianity all accept the foundational premise—that being Jesus is Lord and He died and was resurrected and that only through Him are we to have a path to eternal life.

Yeah but for example jehovas witnesses say that only they will go to heaven

That depends since even in the Christian branches they don’t except each other

Jehovah witnesses think anyone who isn’t one of them will go to hell even if they are of another branch

It’s all too confusing I don’t see a good god wanting people to go through this dice throw mumbo jumbo

• +1
What’s the point of confusing everyone then?

People who are of the “wrong” religion don’t get the afterlife because?

You can’t just say some religion isn’t right because u don’t think it is

Makes no sense if there’s a god why would he allow so many different religions just to confuse inoscent people

Some person who does right there whole life but happens to be the wrong religion dies

Makes no sense tbh that’s the single thing that made me agnostic. If you can’t be clear of communicate a sign to everyone why will I select favourites?

Only explanation is god has his favourites who happen to be lucky born into the religion

But then he wouldn’t be a very good god
"Some person who does right their whole life" —no such thing. We are all sinners. "Just be a good person" isn't enough. What you'rre talking about is Calvinism by the way. It's a hugely debated topic. Few Christians accept predestination and God having favorites but most denominations don't accept the ideology precisely because it paints God to be "evi" and tyrannical.

Yeah but for example jehovas witnesses say that only they will go to heaven
Jehovas witnesses and mormons are the 2 "Christian" denominations that are rejected by Christendom entirely.

Jehovas witnesses and mormons are the 2 "Christian" denominations that are rejected by Christendom entirely.
There are others in Asia.

Just proves the point that there are thousands of monotheistic religions out there, some died out already.

But you still cant know which is true.

There are others in Asia.

Just proves the point that there are thousands of monotheistic religions out there, some died out already.

But you still cant know which is true.
Which ones have the historicity attached to them like Christianity does?

eternity for humans is unnatural. especially in good perpetuity. surrounded by goodness. being so jolly good. it is not human. its a romanticization of one human psyche we can crystalize. a moment. not our continuous condition. death is scary. all of what we are gone in a second. everything we did suddenly not having meaning. a big nothing. tbh i cannot answer this question. its too great for my feeble human mind. and frightens me to my core. so let us consume meaninglessness in our meaninglessness to avoid our despairing meaninglessness.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: cheerio and Deleted member 14693
"Some person who does right their whole life" —no such thing. We are all sinners. "Just be a good person" isn't enough. What you'rre talking about is Calvinism by the way. It's a hugely debated topic. Few Christians accept predestination and God having favorites but most denominations don't accept the ideology precisely because it paints God to be "evi" and tyrannical.

View attachment 2772469
Well if I were religious I would just follow Jesus teachings since he literally said the only requirements to go to heaven is to love your fellow men and not kill

All the other stuff added in the bible was much later

Including jesus’s rise from the death that literally never happened it was added in centuries later and proven

Which ones have the historicity attached to them like Christianity does?
Doesn't really matter cause historicity is also just a believe

Peace
Bliss
Nothing
Exactly what was there before you were born