Early-onset cancer: why are more young adults being diagnosed? Why are cancer rates in Japan lower than the Western world?

Xangsane

Xangsane

Walking sick sick they walking the town

Japan: an early-onset cancer outlier​

Ogino and Ugai live and work in the US, but they were born in Japan. Both of those countries are very wealthy, but Japan isn’t seeing the same rise in early-onset cancer cases related to the digestive system, especially in men.

It’s another clue. Japan is one of the only high-income countries where most people don’t usually eat what’s known as a western-style diet, which is heavy on red meat and high-fat, high-sugar processed food. Instead, Japanese people eat more fish, vegetables and legumes (like beans and lentils).

A Japanese meal of soup, fish, rice and vegetables.

In Japan, people rely on fish and plants for more of their protein.
Most children in Japan also walk or ride bikes to school, which helps them get more exercise than children in other countries, who typically travel door to door in buses and cars.

South Korea is ethnically and economically similar to Japan, but South Korean lifestyles are closer to US and western European ones. Early-onset cancers are rising sharply in South Korea, too.

Ogino thinks studying the differences between exposures in Japan and other rich countries could help us find out more about how to prevent certain early-onset cancers.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815 and FailedNormieManlet
Japan is one of the only high-income countries where most people don’t usually eat what’s known as a western-style diet, which is heavy on red meat and high-fat, high-sugar processed food. Instead, Japanese people eat more fish, vegetables and legumes (like beans and lentils).
Most children in Japan also walk or ride bikes to school, which helps them get more exercise than children in other countries, who typically travel door to door in buses and cars.

Why are cancer rates in Japan lower than the Western world?

Diet exclusively. They eat primarily rice, greens, and when they have meats they 1. Have it in small servings in proportions to the other food on their plate and 2. Eat white meat instead of red for most dishes, mostly fish.

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur and Xangsane
Don’t blame the burger patty for what the fries did. Red meat is not your enemy, seed oils are

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, chaddyboi66, gymmaxedhorse and 2 others

Why are cancer rates in Japan lower than the Western world?

Diet exclusively. They eat primarily rice, greens, and when they have meats they 1. Have it in small servings in proportions to the other food on their plate and 2. Eat white meat instead of red for most dishes, mostly fish.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Japan is one of the only high-income countries where most people don’t usually eat what’s known as a western-style diet, which is heavy on red meat and high-fat, high-sugar processed food. Instead, Japanese people eat more fish, vegetables and legumes (like beans and lentils).
And they are 5’7 manlets, fucking incel in denial copers

• Ugh..
Reactions: Hentaiwatcher69
Don’t blame the burger patty for what the fries did. Red meat is not your enemy, seed oils are
It's mainly about proportions, having more than a third of your portion be meat is not ideal in most cases.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
It's mainly about proportions, having more than a third of your portion be meat is not ideal in most cases.
I only eat red meat (beef) once a week.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
750g beef mince a day…
:feelswhy:

• +1
Does cancer run in your family?
yeah, not parents but 3/4 grandparents…

That’s why I’m kinda unsure…
My mum always told my brother and I that we are at risk.

I’m not scared tbh, the psl community will find a DIY no-cope cure by the time i get cancer.

Why are cancer rates in Japan lower than the Western world?​

Because they are all Incels, and God is giving them more time, so that they could reproduce...

But... his Grace is in vain:
older-guy-with-anime-body-pillow.jpg

I'm really starting to believe that eating as much animal product as you can is ideal from 0 to 21 years old for optimal development and looksmaxxing, but afterwards protein and calorie restriction is ideal for preventing aging and diseases.

Look at the japanese they are shorter and have smaller frames but their diets make them live longer. Average male centenarian in okinawa is 5'2

• +1