EMS for increasing Masseter muscle size

Graham

Graham

Certified autist (might bite)
I have just received had the EMS device I ordered:
IMG 20230324 143542

I plan on using to grow my (lower) masseter muscles, as when I got back into chewing, I noticed the jaw growth was not the same on both sides (left side was sharper to to the lower masseter growing, as opposed to the right side where the middle was growing).

I used to do a lot of chewing (and developed TMJ for a bit) many years ago. Here is a before photo back when I was 19 (or late 18 I can't remember), which isn't a dedicated before photo (doesn't show biting now and non-biting, but it's the best I've got). I also didn't have visible masseter muscles when biting:
Picture
Untitled
Before
(heavy lens distortion in the last, but still gives a good indicator of the softness / roundness of my face at 18.)

Here was my side profile at the time:

Old side

After about 2 years, I ended up achieving these results (however these use lighting and biting fraud):
2020 Profile Mugshot
2020 Front

With my side profile looking like this (node the visible masseter muscle when biting):

IMG 20220713 073124
IMG 20200623 155011

As you can see in the after front-on photos one side is much sharper and more angular than the other (my left side being sharper IRL, some of the photos are flipped depending on selfie or not).

I stopped looksmaxing, chewing and exercising since then for about 2 years (still mew though), and this is where I've ended up, with a weaker jaw and a higher BF%:

Front (pushed in cheeks so you can see the roundness of the jaw). I had started clenching instead of chewing, but I didn't make much progress so its basically a before picture):
Nosquint

Side:
Recent side small
IMG 20230309 043946
IMG 20230309 041115
(last is biting for comparison)

This is basically a before dump of what I looked like over the span of the last 5 years, so it would be easier to see progress in future after photos of the effects of EMS. Hopefully the results of using EMS will give a sharper and more symmetrical look.

I might have to make a before / after thread of minoxodil because the hair-loss is brutal.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1901, 5'7 zoomer and zharupodrugu
that's cool but I think it's all lighting, what i've noticed is some pics I look jawless and others looks like I have really good jaw development and only changes is angle and lighting

that's cool but I think it's all lighting, what i've noticed is some pics I look jawless and others looks like I have really good jaw development and only changes is angle and lighting
yeah, lighting definitely does make a big difference, but i don't think its just lighting. Hopefully I can really grow them with EMS so it will be more obvious if it was all a cope or actual results.

• Woah
Reactions: LowTrust
yeah, lighting definitely does make a big difference, but i don't think its just lighting. Hopefully I can really grow them with EMS so it will be more obvious if it was all a cope or actual results.
when you look into mirror does your jaw look wider? closer in width to your cheekbones? that's what I am trying to do currently

I have just received had the EMS device I ordered:
View attachment 2123022

I plan on using to grow my (lower) masseter muscles, as when I got back into chewing, I noticed the jaw growth was not the same on both sides (left side was sharper to to the lower masseter growing, as opposed to the right side where the middle was growing).

I used to do a lot of chewing (and developed TMJ for a bit) many years ago. Here is a before photo back when I was 19 (or late 18 I can't remember), which isn't a dedicated before photo (doesn't show biting now and non-biting, but it's the best I've got). I also didn't have visible masseter muscles when biting:
View attachment 2123027View attachment 2123028View attachment 2123061(heavy lens distortion in the last, but still gives a good indicator of the softness / roundness of my face at 18.)

Here was my side profile at the time:

View attachment 2123038

After about 2 years, I ended up achieving these results (however these use lighting and biting fraud):
View attachment 2123032View attachment 2123034

With my side profile looking like this (node the visible masseter muscle when biting):

View attachment 2123042View attachment 2123063

As you can see in the after front-on photos one side is much sharper and more angular than the other (my left side being sharper IRL, some of the photos are flipped depending on selfie or not).

I stopped looksmaxing, chewing and exercising since then for about 2 years (still mew though), and this is where I've ended up, with a weaker jaw and a higher BF%:

Front (pushed in cheeks so you can see the roundness of the jaw). I had started clenching instead of chewing, but I didn't make much progress so its basically a before picture):
View attachment 2123045

Side:
View attachment 2123050View attachment 2123051View attachment 2123052(last is biting for comparison)

This is basically a before dump of what I looked like over the span of the last 5 years, so it would be easier to see progress in future after photos of the effects of EMS. Hopefully the results of using EMS will give a sharper and more symmetrical look.

I might have to make a before / after thread of minoxodil because the hair-loss is brutal.
Chewing results are great but that device looks like cope tbh

when you look into mirror does your jaw look wider? closer in width to your cheekbones? that's what I am trying to do currently
yeah, it also looks more square (at least the side with the lower insertions)

• Woah
Reactions: LowTrust
one prayer for your norwoodcel ass :feelsbadman:

now why the fuck would you use this and not just chew? that device looks pretty garbage btw, you want better than chink shit when it comes to ems

another thing is this is unusable for mouth area because it'll just shock your tooth roots and be really painful

Chewing results are great but that device looks like cope tbh
Yeah, I just tested it on my calf muscle, it worked a little (i had it on the lowest setting), I think ill experiment on my masseter tomorrow. It basically gives you electric socks - so I'm literally the embodiment of autism, shocking my face just to get any amount of improvement to how I look.

• JFL
Reactions: Shadosh101
now why the fuck would you use this and not just chew? that device looks pretty garbage btw, you want better than chink shit when it comes to ems
as I explained in the post, chewing has given me uneven results due to different parts of the masseter hypertrophying differently on each side. The shocks are meant to enage a specific part of the muscle (at least that's the theory).

one prayer for your norwoodcel ass
thanks, it's appreciated :feelscry:

Nice. Please do update on this.

did it work?
Nice. Please do update on this.
As of right now, I don't see how I can get it working, I've been doing tests and I need 2 nodes attached in-order to complete the circuit to cause a shock, but the problem is the nodes are too big. Even if I cut down the node pads, the nodes themselves will basically take up most of the masseter muscle.

Honestly, I should've seen this coming as you need to complete the circuit to cause a shock, but my desperate as was willing to overlook that because I needed to try something for results.

That being said, apparently other looksmax users have actually used it to hypertrophy the lower masseter muscle. Maybe they attached a node at either side of the jaw - but then you'd basically be shocking your entire face.

I'm a little annoyed as I've been trying to spend as little money as possible, so it sucks that it doesn't work.

In the front on head-shot I'm not clenching my jaw (hence why the masseters seem less angular than the photo next to it), and you can see that one side is more rounded than the other, however the difference is far less pronounced when the muscles are relaxed - and they clearly help balance out my narrow lower third and cause some slight hollows to be formed, so I think I will continue to grow them as normal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
As of right now, I don't see how I can get it working, I've been doing tests and I need 2 nodes attached in-order to complete the circuit to cause a shock, but the problem is the nodes are too big. Even if I cut down the node pads, the nodes themselves will basically take up most of the masseter muscle.

Honestly, I should've seen this coming as you need to complete the circuit to cause a shock, but my desperate as was willing to overlook that because I needed to try something for results.

That being said, apparently other looksmax users have actually used it to hypertrophy the lower masseter muscle. Maybe they attached a node at either side of the jaw - but then you'd basically be shocking your entire face.

I'm a little annoyed as I've been trying to spend as little money as possible, so it sucks that it doesn't work.

In the front on head-shot I'm not clenching my jaw (hence why the masseters seem less angular than the photo next to it), and you can see that one side is more rounded than the other, however the difference is far less pronounced when the muscles are relaxed - and they clearly help balance out my narrow lower third and cause some slight hollows to be formed, so I think I will continue to grow them as normal.
That’s too bad if you can’t get it to work. I respect you for attempting it tho.

• +1
Reactions: Graham