Engineeringcels GTFIH

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
Studying an Engineering textbook right now, "Principles of Electrochemical Machining" by J.A. McGeough.

No background in Engineering. Speciality is Mathematics and Physics.

I did a search and it falls under Mechanical Engineering.

Thoughts?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
Leave academia to the brahmins

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and GuyFromSingapore
For some reason reading this Engineering textbook, I get the sense that Engineering is like "Applied or Practical Physics".

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Ngl feels really weird and uncomfortable studying Engineering.

Every equation or concept is only relevant to something concrete and functional.

I prefer to do Maths or Physics. I can atleast meditate and think deeply.

Wtf is this?

• +1
My Physicist brain reading about compressibility

"Air, however, at NTP is about 20 000 times more compressible than water. This is typical for most gases"

- Compress air, how much can you compress it? Suppose by using a certain amount of pressure, you can compress a certain volume of air, from 3/3 to 2/3.

Will the air change to liquid because of compression?

What will happen if you cool given compressed air to liquid?

Is it possible to compress air more with stronger gravity and changing temperature?

What is the relationship between gravity and pressure? Give me the Mathematics/equations!

- does the compressibity of air vs fluid have to do with the space between the molecules?

Does it make sense Mathematically?

If I plot out of the positions of each molecule in a given part of air. If I calculate the total volume of the space and divide them by the size of all the molecules within it.

And then divide that by the same correlation with fluid molecules and how they are spread out, will it perfectly correlate with this "air being 20 000 times more compressible than water"?

If this isn't so, why is it not so? Are there undiscovered properties and forces?

- what if we accelerate the molecules faster, will there be a difference? Why so?

Last edited:
  • JFL
My Physicist brain reading about compressibility

"Air, however, at NTP is about 20 000 times more compressible than water. This is typical for most gases"

- Compress air, how much can you compress it? Suppose by using a certain amount of pressure, you can compress a certain volume of air, from 3/3 to 2/3.

Will the air change to liquid because of compression?

What will happen if you cool given compressed air to liquid?

Is it possible to compress air more with stronger gravity and changing temperature?

What is the relationship between gravity and pressure? Give me the Mathematics/equations!

- does the compressibity of air vs fluid have to do with the space between the molecules?

Does it make sense Mathematically?

If I plot out of the positions of each molecule in a given part of air. If I calculate the total volume of the space and divide them by the size of a molecule.

And then divide that by the same correlation with fluid molecules and how they are spread out, will it perfectly correlate with this "air being 20 000 times more compressible than water"?

If this isn't so, why is it not so? Are there undiscovered properties and forces?

- what if we accelerate the molecules faster, will there be a difference? Why so?

Develop the Mathematics! Discover the phenomena!

15854.jpg