EQUATORMAXXING: Location and Gravity another factor for height

MoggingProspect

MoggingProspect

Ascension by 21
First thread so bear with me.
Imagine a world where gravity is much stronger. How tall do you think humans would be?
Intrigued by a concept from my physics lecture, I dived deeper into the topic and found my hunch to be accurate this also potentially adds another reason to why The Maasai are Taller than the Average Height of the World. I introduce: -

EQUATORMAXXING

1.Gravity affects our height as from a species standpoint and also continuously, throughout the day. We humans as a whole has gotten adapted to our planet's gravitational force which you can think of as a Cap to how tall we can be.

2.Second affect being that gravity could put pressure on growth plates, potentially leading to shorter statures in high-gravity environments.

3.Third being to have maximum efficiency to upkeep the functioning of our body.

Consider an Astronaut in space, it is much easier for their heart to pump blood as it is conditioned to living in earth's gravity and when in space the heart does not experience much resistance so overtime it grows weaker, that is it gets adapted to space, that is why astronauts have to upkeep their functions by training in space As when they return back home their bodies would be much weaker to survive on earth.
HtA5ydeSRCwpexj4FtTYJE
Example being the earlier astronauts used to spend a lot of time in space and without much activity, when they returned, they suffered from many illnesses and couldn't even walk for months.
Main qimg b27f5e0c2e78edada5422ef9ef1a899c lq
Imagine what if humans inhabit a planet for example Jupiter (2.5x earths gravity) with twice stronger gravity, Our bodies over the course of time will get adapted as under higher gravitational force it will be much difficult for the heart to pump blood to all the body, thus resulting in a short stature over the course of time.
Jupiter Earth size comparision
41574 2014 Article BFnrendo201449 Figa HTML

EARTH'S GRAVITATIONAL VARIATION

Earths gravity is NOT uniform, it varies from place to place even though little but there is a certain difference between the pole and the equator.
Shape of the Earth 1
It's not perfectly round like a ball, but slightly squished at the middle. This bulge at the equator and flattening at the poles happens because of the force created by Earth's rotation. Gravity weakens with distance. So, being farther away from Earth's center of mass due to the bulge means experiencing a slightly weaker gravitational pull at the equator compared to the poles.

Thus, making gravity stronger at POLES and weaker at the EQUATOR.

NOW COMING TO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
This theory is not totally false as we have The Maasai as example. Everybody knows them, their Height average is above the world average being around 6'2''. They inhabit in the regions of Tanzania and Kenya.
Now let's see where the region lies on the map :
those who are thinking that there are more countries other than the ones mentioned by me, AGAIN I'm just analyzing THE MAASAI PEOPLE.
Which Lies in the Path of the Equator!
So, Gravity and Location(elevation) is another element of determining a specie's, race's height and on an individual level too.

if u have made it this far thanks for reading. medium effort, have left some details out, was getting impatient.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Alexios and noodlelover
Shut the fuck up nerd

First thread so bear with me.
Imagine a world where gravity is much stronger. How tall do you think humans would be?
Intrigued by a concept from my physics lecture, I dived deeper into the topic and found my hunch to be accurate this also potentially adds another reason to why The Maasai are Taller than the Average Height of the World. I introduce: -

EQUATORMAXXING

1.Gravity affects our height as from a species standpoint and also continuously, throughout the day. We humans as a whole has gotten adapted to our planet's gravitational force which you can think of as a Cap to how tall we can be.

2.Second affect being that gravity could put pressure on growth plates, potentially leading to shorter statures in high-gravity environments.

3.Third being to have maximum efficiency to upkeep the functioning of our body.

Consider an Astronaut in space, it is much easier for their heart to pump blood as it is conditioned to living in earth's gravity and when in space the heart does not experience much resistance so overtime it grows weaker, that is it gets adapted to space, that is why astronauts have to upkeep their functions by training in space As when they return back home their bodies would be much weaker to survive on earth.
Example being the earlier astronauts used to spend a lot of time in space and without much activity, when they returned, they suffered from many illnesses and couldn't even walk for months.
Imagine what if humans inhabit a planet for example Jupiter (2.5x earths gravity) with twice stronger gravity, Our bodies over the course of time will get adapted as under higher gravitational force it will be much difficult for the heart to pump blood to all the body, thus resulting in a short stature over the course of time.
View attachment 2947184View attachment 2947192

EARTH'S GRAVITATIONAL VARIATION

Earths gravity is NOT uniform, it varies from place to place even though little but there is a certain difference between the pole and the equator.
It's not perfectly round like a ball, but slightly squished at the middle. This bulge at the equator and flattening at the poles happens because of the force created by Earth's rotation. Gravity weakens with distance. So, being farther away from Earth's center of mass due to the bulge means experiencing a slightly weaker gravitational pull at the equator compared to the poles.

Thus, making gravity stronger at POLES and weaker at the EQUATOR.

NOW COMING TO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
This theory is not totally false as we have The Maasai as example. Everybody knows them, their Height average is above the world average being around 6'2''. They inhabit in the regions of Tanzania and Kenya.
Now let's see where the region lies on the map :
those who are thinking that there are more countries other than the ones mentioned by me, AGAIN I'm just analyzing THE MAASAI PEOPLE.
Which Lies in the Path of the Equator!
So, Gravity and Location(elevation) is another element of determining a specie's, race's height and on an individual level too.

if u have made it this far thanks for reading. medium effort, have left some details out, was getting impatient.
A much bigger factor is probably the high food abundance near the equator, during evolutionary times.

Small bodies need less food. It's why wealthier cultures tend to become taller over time.

But it's cool to think about gravities effect on the human body.

• +1
Reactions: MoggingProspect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back