Every single action you take is determined in advanced by your biology

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Just face it. You don't really have any control over anything. You look at something, your brain scans it, and then your individual biology determines what to do. Your "sentience" is fake and doesn't actually exist.

• +1
Reactions: EckhartTollemaxx, BrettyBoy and Deleted member 2426
D

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: pretty boy, Deleted member 685, turkproducer and 2 others
Just face it. You don't really have any control over anything. You look at something, your brain scans it, and then your individual biology determines what to do. Your "sentience" is fake and doesn't actually exist.
The truth is even more profound than that. Not only do you have no control, you have no individuality as well. You are not a separate entity from the rest of the universe. Individuality is a subjective distinction. Its as utterly silly as categorizing a wave as a seperate entity in the ocean. In a weird way, you are the universe looking back at itself. A manifestation of the universe's self awareness. Free will is a bit more complicated than you think. If your actions are determined by the laws of physics and the state of the universe then what determined that? Thats what free will is. Think about it. You do have free will, but its not in the way most people think. Its more of a collective will that permeates all of known existence.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581 and wellthatsucks
Determinism aye

The truth is even more profound than that. Not only do you have no control, you have no individuality as well. You are not a separate entity from the rest of the universe. Individuality is a subjective distinction. Its as utterly silly as categorizing a wave as a seperate entity in the ocean. In a weird way, you are the universe looking back at itself. A manifestation of the universe's self awareness. Free will is a bit more complicated than you think. If your actions are determined by the laws of physics and the state of the universe then what determined that? Thats what free will is. Think about it. You do have free will, but its not in the way most people think. Its more of a collective will that permeates all of known existence.
Strong first post

not a single word

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Determined these nuts bitch nikka

Gonna punch u , and rape ur mother but u can't blame me since it was muh biology ok Ok?

Bro you on here also

you hapa chad

Actual good thread from @disillusioned

Gonna punch u , and rape ur mother but u can't blame me since it was muh biology ok Ok?

You aren't actually going to do any of those things. And if you did, then yes it WOULD be because of your biology. Some people are naturally sexual sadists.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
hello gamers, we have the priming problem

it's a heavily debated topic among neuro-scientist, cognitive scientists, physicists etc, w/ no real consensus or hard evidence
but hey who cares about that, gotta write a thread with shock value

it's a heavily debated topic among neuro-scientist, cognitive scientists, physicists etc, w/ no real consensus or hard evidence
but the neuroscientists, cognitive scientists and physicists were predetermined to debate it and not come to real consensus 🤓

jfl at taking their words at face value. "Science" is heavily politasized so you need to be able to read between the lines. Don't forget that "scientists" also claim women are equal to men and that race doesn't exist, neither of which is even remotely true.

jfl at taking their words at face value. "Science" is heavily politasized so you need to be able to read between the lines. Don't forget that "scientists" also claim women are equal to men and that race doesn't exist, neither of which is even remotely true.
scientists and geeks/nerds will never understand life or philosophy

Too high iq 4 me

You aren't actually going to do any of those things. And if you did, then yes it WOULD be because of your biology. Some people are naturally sexual sadists.
? So anyone thats a sadist is raping everyone's mothers , op stop being a phaggot and take responsibility for your actions and stop thinking you are higher is than everyone

umm ok, so I should just pull stuff out of my ass like you?
I doubt you've read anything regarding this matter. There were many scientists set on explaining every aspect of human behaviour and consciousness using the brain and failed to do so. I'll give you an example, The association of psychology once claimed that consciousness must be produced by the cerebral cortex, but then there came cases of people being born with a damaged cerebral cortex or no cerebral cortex at all, but were conscious.

Even Philosophers of the Mind, who consistently review the literature regarding this topic are becoming more and more wary of hard determinism. I'm not gonna go into the details (bemuse you probably dont care), but long ago a neuroscientist hypothesised that consciousness must be fully explained by the brain because everything is materialistic, so we should be able to directly map brain states with conscious states. But as time went on, contradiction occurred, as there unable to create a one-to-one map of conscious states to brain sates or vice verse, which lead people to believe there is more to it than just the brain

The hard determinism pill is probably the most difficult pill to swallow. I mean, we don't really know if it's the case yet but to me it looks like it...

The hard determinism pill is probably the most difficult pill to swallow. I mean, we don't really know if it's the case yet but to me it looks like it...

The world is ruled by hard deterministic laws like physics and biology. This makes it impossible for free will to exist. We already have a small minority of brave scientists whom are willing to deviate from the accepted norm by actually admitting humans have almost no free will at all and are merely ruled by biology. But normies won't listen because they dislike the implications of everything being set into stone.

The world is ruled by hard deterministic laws like physics and biology. This makes it impossible for free will to exist. We already have a small minority of brave scientists whom are willing to deviate from the accepted norm by actually admitting humans have almost no free will at all and are merely ruled by biology. But normies won't listen because they dislike the implications of everything being set into stone.
There is still uncertainty at the molecular level which governs our neurons' behavior. This is caused by quantum mechanics concisely the precise location and velocity of an electron are not determined. We can not observe this in macro scale objects like humans or planets because wave functions collapse according to the quantum theory. So there is an alternative explanation for quantum uncertainty which entails a multiverse hypothesis. If our consciousness stems from some complex multi universal computation this means we can actually have free wills in a different sense. Still, it should be either stochastic or determined and neither case can fulfill my free will expectations.

There is still uncertainty at the molecular level which governs our neurons' behavior. This is caused by quantum mechanics concisely the precise location and velocity of an electron are not determined. We can not observe this in macro scale objects like humans or planets because wave functions collapse according to the quantum theory. So there is an alternative explanation for quantum uncertainty which entails a multiverse hypothesis. If our consciousness stems from some complex multi universal computation this means we can actually have free wills in a different sense. Still, it should be either stochastic or determined and neither case can fulfill my free will expectations.
do, the beams of light hitting the wall have free will?

do, the beams of light hitting the wall have free will?
I cant easily answer your question because my approach to free will and computation itself is probably very different from that of yours.
In my opinion every computational system has a bias which only allows the comprehension of "like-minded" systems. In reality every system should compute and the substance should not matter. For example a simple rock is computing every intelligence task by means of its atom arrangement and their movement according to the physic laws anf the rock gives outputs to the outside world by intricately interracting with them. Just like the neurons in our brain behaving according to the physics laws and giving output to our bodies. So if computing is ubiquitous we can assume that every material in the universe have distinct and infinite consciousnesses.

Just eckharttollemaxx to cope.

trying to be high iq when you cant even spell the title properly. rope asap faggot