Evolutionary we don't see reality in fact we actively make it up though we all share the same ''experiences'' cause were in the same user interface.BT

reptiles

reptiles

a proud brahmin
Human beings as hard as it sounds to believe don't see reality we see a dumbed down version of it. A lot of reality is made up such as color,senses,sight,smells,intutations. How does this all play out ? Well natural selection is the main answer. When we were in our hunter gatherer days.We used to concerned with survival rather than truth and nature is concerned with reproduction mainly.

The person who can pass down there genes wins at the end of all this but you have to be very sparing in which traits are selected for cause each trait requires more calories which costs more so you pick traits which will help you survive.

Know your intuition would say knowing the truth would be useful but not always in fact a lot of the time knowing the truth could be harmful especially in a hunter gatherer society as too much information could cause brain overloads which wouldn't be ideal so nature selected for survival over truth.

Following from all this to add even more support we don't see reality Lets look at the things the brain conjures up.

1 Col-our it doesn't exist the col-our red doesn't exist in ideological space. Your brain needs to process photons which then needs to be translated to well the conception of red which then your conscience can pick up which is required to be able to even see the colour red.

2 Our intuitions General relativity has blown all that out the water.

3 The ''Ego'' is an illusion there is no ''you'' in all this I mean think about it which part is you if you split the left brain the right brain both will come to the exact opposite conclusion in fact 1 will be a religious another will be an atheist in this process where was the conception of the ''self''

4 Sight is the most obvious 1 you don't see objective reality you see what your subconsience can translate down to your feeble mind that's it real reality you can't grasp.

So if we don't visible see reality this implies there is a veil over us that we can't see this is where drugs come in I think drugs can be a useful way of ''breaking'' the veil. Know this is the interesting part. It delves into spirtualism here.

Essentially spiritualism has 2 main branches the postivists and the existentialists The former thinks the undoing the veil will do us wonders the latter thinks it will lead to a realization akin to cosmic horror.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Hozay, Patriot and 4 others
Looksmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Patient A and MentalistKebab
great font choice op

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bewusst, fukmylyf and deer
thanks for the looksmaxxing tip op!

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
thanks for the looksmaxxing tip op!

Hmmmm lets see 99% of people here aren't getting surgery for a while and you have a way to reduce your depression yeah no fuck you this is a looksmaxing tip

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4609, Deleted member 5912, Carl-o and 1 other person
OP contemplating looksmaxxing philosophy in his basement

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fukmylyf, JustBeCurry, sandcelmuttcel and 3 others
brb getting microscope

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Honestly we will never see what the universe actually looks like. I don't think there is any depth if you are looking at it objectively. Like how things look smaller further away. If we saw the universe for what it is color, depth etc would be more consistent. We would be able to see through things. At the end of the day we are confined to this organ called the brain which other organs attach to.

There is no us as each atom we are made up of is different. Im surprised conciseness can even exist given this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Deleted member 8576, Alexanderr and 1 other person
Shit thread dn rd

srs

Interesting topic Indeed.

How is this information supposed to help me get laid

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
I said it before and I will say it again, fucking dead corpses of prostitutes is based and you should try it

Who the fuck gon read paragraphs of size 1 light green text

not reading with that fucking font size and color retard