Exercises for an American Football player.

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
I wonder if any of you faggots don't just LDAR and are actually athletes.

What are some good exercises that would help me in football or improve my athletiscm in general?

• +1
Reactions: goat2x

What are some good exercises that would help me in football or improve my athletiscm in general?
Agility Drills? What's your position?

• +1
Reactions: PYT
push ups

• +1
Strength training and plyometrics

• +1
train fucking double legs to throw niggas

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and PYT
powercleans

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614 and PYT
squats, explosive exercises like cleans, etc

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Warlow, Deleted member 4614 and 1 other person
Agility Drills? What's your position?
Don't know what my coach is going to put me in. School hasn't started yet so I haven't applied to join the team. I'm thinking maybe kicker or running back

nigga go on youtube, there's more than enough information on there, especially if you're just starting out. strength and plyos tho.

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos
nigga go on youtube, there's more than enough information on there, especially if you're just starting out. strength and plyos tho.
They all agility drills but bet. Imma start really dedicating myself to this shit so I'm getting everything ready and organized

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv
Squats, snatch, military press, bench press, pull ups, deadlifts etc etc just do a lot of compounds

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892, Deleted member 8744 and PYT
Explosive exercises

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 6892
Don't know what my coach is going to put me in. School hasn't started yet so I haven't applied to join the team. I'm thinking maybe kicker or running back
Oh so you haven’t had your first year

i advice you to work on general conditioning/cardio if you think you’re gonna be RB

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: lifestyle21873, Deleted member 6892 and Deleted member 6497
so shit like explosive pushups, benches, etc.?
Squats etc they're good for building power and a good physic

• +1
Mirin. Football is insane halo

yeah quit the team if you get made a kicker or transfer schools. High t positions are QB, RB, Middle-linebacker, and defensive linemen/tackle

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
yeah quit the team if you get made a kicker or transfer schools. High t positions are QB, RB, Middle-linebacker, and defensive linemen/tackle
I agree no point in playing if you make a kicker you aren’t a true part of the team

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Warlow
What happens if I transfer school? And yeah I'll try my best

it's all genetics, i do track

What happens if I transfer school? And yeah I'll try my best
honestly if you're naturally athletic with good intangibles, you won't be put as a kicker

• So Sad
honestly if you're naturally athletic with good intangibles, you won't be put as a kicker
I was the top 3 fastest kid's in school until the 4th grade then I got fat and would only play video games. Ever since then I've been shit at sports. Can't catch, can't throw. Is that shit genetic?

I attribute it to not playing sports until the 6th grade. And by then everyone knew the rules of how to play while I didn't. Didn't know how to throw a football, dribble basketball, etc. So I didn't know shit then I'd be shit and get disheartened when I was told I sucked. Which led to me not even trying and when I did I still sucked cause I still didn't know the rules.

To what extent is that genetic athleticsm. I've been trying to get back on my shit and learn

• +1
I was the top 3 fastest kid's in school until the 4th grade then I got fat and would only play video games. Ever since then I've been shit at sports. Can't catch, can't throw. Is that shit genetic?

I attribute it to not playing sports until the 6th grade. And by then everyone knew the rules of how to play while I didn't. Didn't know how to throw a football, dribble basketball, etc. So I didn't know shit then I'd be shit and get disheartened when I was told I sucked. Which led to me not even trying and when I did I still sucked cause I still didn't know the rules.

To what extent is that genetic athleticsm. I've been trying to get back on my shit and learn
tbh i think genetics are a very good extent but childhood sports play a good part too

• So Sad
tbh i think genetics are a very good extent but childhood sports play a good part too
Too bad my dumbass was inside all day drinking coca cola and eating pizza playing littlebigplanet.

I got an award for competitions we ran at school. I got a silver reward for being second place against 20 other kids.

In conclusion is it over?

• +1
Too bad my dumbass was inside all day drinking coca cola and eating pizza playing littlebigplanet.

I got an award for competitions we ran at school. I got a silver reward for being second place against 20 other kids.

In conclusion is it over?
nahh tbh you can get back on the grind
there are gymcels who are more athletic than childhood athletes due to their genetics

• Love it
nahh tbh you can get back on the grind
there are gymcels who are more athletic than childhood athletes due to their genetics
Man I need to start hitting the gym and get back on my shit nigga. I'm doing calisthenics for now

• +1
Man I need to start hitting the gym and get back on my shit nigga. I'm doing calisthenics for now
yeah you should've started that months ago, to put it bluntly you will be quite behind compared to those who have the fast twitch muscle fibers built from years of practice and playing the game. If you're still fat rn, train for a year then try out

• +1
yeah you should've started that months ago, to put it bluntly you will be quite behind compared to those who have the fast twitch muscle fibers built from years of practice and playing the game. If you're still fat rn, train for a year then try out
Tbh, but corona locked my gyms down and I'm in florida so the cases are way worse. I indeed wasted a lot of time but atleast I'm low body fat now.

Tbh, but corona locked my gyms down and I'm in florida so the cases are way worse. I indeed wasted a lot of time but atleast I'm low body fat now.
you live in florida. Holy shit lmao, that state has so many hs football powerhouses, you really got to start training. There are literal superstars living in your state rn

• JFL
you live in florida. Holy shit lmao, that state has so many hs football powerhouses, you really got to start training. There are literal superstars living in your state rn
Holy fuck I'll start as soon as I can. What do you mean by training can you specify? It's over for me this is what happens when you leave shit for last minute like a retard.

Holy fuck I'll start as soon as I can. What do you mean by training can you specify? It's over for me this is what happens when you leave shit for last minute like a retard.
need to start with cone drills for lateral quickness(since you want to be a rb), like everyone said compound workouts, also learn to run routes work on your hands and ball catching out the backfield.

look at this, literally a godsend for all running backs out there

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Arkantos and PYT
need to start with cone drills for lateral quickness(since you want to be a rb), like everyone said compound workouts, also learn to run routes work on your hands and ball catching out the backfield.

look at this, literally a godsend for all running backs out there
NIGGA YOU FUCKING GOD MUAH MUAH

IMMA DO MY CALISTHENICS WORKOUT AND BOOKMARK YOUR SHIT FOR TOMMOROW . GOD SEND

• Love it
Reactions: Warlow
I wouldn’t play American football if I were you.

• +1
why because of the injuries?
Mostly because of the very big likely hood you’ll develop CTE or some long term brain damage.
Helmets can’t prevent concussions.

• +1
Squats
Push press
Trap bar deadlifts
Weighted pull-ups
Sled pulls or pushes
True flips

• +1
Im writing this as someone who recently graduated highschool with 2 division 1 offers for football, 1 in state and 1 out of state. If you plan on being a runningback you should definitely start practicing hang/power cleans as they, combined with squats, can really help your explosive power especially if they make you into a fullback kind of runningback and have you dive up the middle every time you get the hand off. If you plan on being a tailback I would definitely recommend training your lateral footwork with cone drills, ladder drills, etc. Also work on catching passes out of the backfield, specifically the bubble route (If you dont know what it is look it up for more clarification. PM me if you have any specific questions.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Unmoggablegingercel, PYT and Deleted member 6723