Explain what harmony is

william2605

william2605

Mistral
let's see if anyone in the whole looksmax story can explain it

• JFL
Reactions: 0hMan
harmony = actual attractiveness - expected attractiveness

for instance, Ryan Gosling and George Clooney are high harmony because given their features you would expect them to not be as attractive as they are

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: starvecell, wollet2, Deleted member 18582 and 1 other person
Kys

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 31560
harmony = actual attractiveness - expected attractiveness
00EFC06D 4F13 4B6C 94E8 48F5C54A26C9

Lol so his he’s harmonious?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32425, wollet2 and Banasura
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32425, wollet2 and 0hMan
a perfect example of lacking harmony and elegance of the features, but ill give props for doing the most he could do with his features.
Why he lack harmony ?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32425, Blackgymmax and wollet2
mostly because of his nose
the eys look like they are painted on his face 2 its the weirdest looking set of eyes ive ever seen, the autists here would be saying these are the legendary hunter eyes and shit

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29581
a lot of people say harmony is ratios

but I think harmony is not just good ratios, but an effect resulting from two things: (1) a particular combination or gestalt of ratios, which in isolation, each individual ratio may or may not be a "good" one; and (2) no failos

Here a gestalt refers to the maxim that the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts. The portion of the aesthetic appeal that exceeds the sum of the parts is "harmony." And there are countless ways to arrive at this harmony that it's futile to try to systematize the means to achieve it, whereas it is easy to say when an individual feature failos someone.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 29581

but I think harmony is not just good ratios, but an effect resulting from two things: (1) a particular combination or gestalt of ratios, which in isolation, each individual ratio may or may not be a "good" one; and (2) no failos

Here a gestalt refers to the maxim that the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts. The portion of the aesthetic appeal that exceeds the sum of the parts is "harmony." And there are countless ways to arrive at this harmony that it's futile to try to systematize the means to achieve it, whereas it is easy to say when an individual feature failos someone.
After years of thinking about the concept and trying to define it, I came to the conclusion harmony = combination of good features. You can't have all good features and have "low/ bad harmony". I would like to be somehow disproved.

TLDR: How well your features sit with eachother.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
After years of thinking about the concept and trying to define it, I came to the conclusion harmony = combination of good features. You can't have all good features and have "low/ bad harmony". I would like to be somehow disproved.
You can have all good features and still be boring. Yeah, you won't be ugly, but you'll just be generic. And also someone can have bad features and be more harmonious than someone with all good features, so clearly all good features doesn't explain harmony.

An example of attractive with low harmony, in my opinion, is Rachel McAdams, like I don't care for her overall "look" but I still find her pleasant to look at on account of her individual features.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
You can have all good features and still be boring. Yeah, you won't be ugly, but you'll just be generic.
Then, the features aren't good enough, they are just slightly above average guaranteeing not being ugly.
And also someone can have bad features and be more harmonious than someone with all good features,
That's only the case if the one with overall bad features, has some really good one(s) (most of the cases it's a very good eye area), which compensate the bad ones
so clearly all good features doesn't explain harmony.
Would like to know an example of practically all features being good, not slightly above average yet having "low harmony".
An example of attractive with low harmony, in my opinion, is Rachel McAdams, like I don't care for her overall "look" but I still find her pleasant to look at on account of her individual features.
Her main failos are wide way too big forehead, maxillary deficiency, slightly recessed chin, incompetent lips etc. so she's far from having overall good features. This failos make her look "low harmonious". I guarantee that if she hadn't those failos, combined with her already present halos (blonde, good eye area, good frontal jaw/midface ratios etc.), she would have been a supermodel and would look "high harmony". The opposite is also true, without her halos, she would be ugly and wouldn't be attractive to you.

Also, it's better to use men so there's no opposite gender attraction bias

Orb is pretty much example of harmony. It is when your features compliment each other very well. His narrow jaw helps to enhance his eyes so much, yet small jaw is considered a big failo. People tried to edit him after having jaw surgery and he would have looked worse than before.

Attachments

• 2713618_1643343568602.png
    2713618_1643343568602.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 0
Then, the features aren't good enough, they are just slightly above average guaranteeing not being ugly.

That's only the case if the one with overall bad features, has some really good one(s) (most of the cases it's a very good eye area), which compensate the bad ones

Would like to know an example of practically all features being good, not slightly above average yet having "low harmony".

Her main failos are wide way too big forehead, maxillary deficiency, slightly recessed chin, incompetent lips etc. so she's far from having overall good features. This failos make her look "low harmonious". I guarantee that if she hadn't those failos, combined with her already present halos (blonde, good eye area, good frontal jaw/midface ratios etc.), she would have been a supermodel and would look "high harmony". The opposite is also true, without her halos, she would be ugly and wouldn't be attractive to you.

Also, it's better to use men so there's no opposite gender attraction bias
What do you think about chico?

Na
Harmony is just having normal ratios and skull development.
Basically good harmony and you look like a basic default character. Like an attractive black person would look like some generic nigger character from gta

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32425 and Deleted member 29167
Na
Basically good harmony and you look like a basic default character. Like an attractive black person would look like some generic nigger character from gta
5DAB1620 BDE1 4103 9477 91BFF3E63FFB

Well,if you are so smart how to explain his harmony?
And why called him the king of harmony?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
Harmony:
The set of unseen rules that dictate the way individual features mix together for what concerns proportions, symmetry and human averageness.
When a face has harmony, its overall attractiveness is greater than the sum of its parts. Thus a face with mediocre features may appear more attractive than one would expect by judging each feature individually.
Conversely, when a face lacks harmony, its overall attractiveness is lower than the sum of its parts, even if the parts would be considered excellent in a vacuum.

Na
Your basic shit tier insight is already built into mine

H
let's see if anyone in the whole looksmax story can explain it
Harmonious meen something pleasent to look at, proportions and featurea are line up to create an aesthetic face.