Extended LeFort 1

Ampere

Ampere

Silver
Researching my own case, I was thinking about the fact that getting a bimax would leave my zygos behind, I don't have big zygos, but they are high set and give a good look on my 3/4, so leaving them behind is not desirable.

As I'm not an aspie and more of a realist I know I won't be getting LF2, MLF2 even less MLF3.

Here comes the multiple LeFort 1 cuts :

Source : https://pocketdentistry.com/soft-ti...er-modified-quadrangular-le-fort-i-osteotomy/
You can see the classic LF1 on figure A, well it's better than nothing but it's not the GOAT. The best would be D or E

In the legend of the figures we can see (E) Extended Le Fort I osteotomy (Nørholt et al., 1996).
The author is : http://pure.au.dk/portal/en/persons/sven-erik-noerholt(62661ee1-c68f-4baa-8500-c31c41f0c1cb).html
Which luckily is based (hoping he really is based :lul:) in Europe, I will email him to learn more about this practice and if he only performs it on deformed patients, to my knowledge this is the only osteotomy that moves zygomatics forward, ZSO only moves them laterally.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Reiraku, ayfhdsfsdlgj, ThreadMatters and 5 others
Mail is sent, low T if you're not mailing authors from 24 years old papers to get them to cut your bones :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bossman, Deleted member 5912, Lolcel and 1 other person
Pretty interesting, but they won't move them laterally, witch is one of the most important aspects of the zygomatic projection. Why don't you go with the normal cut for the LF1 and then proceed to add mass laterally to the zygos, any lack of mass in the front is not a big deal imo.

bump

• +1
Reactions: Ampere
7500.jpg

• JFL
Pretty interesting, but they won't move them laterally, witch is one of the most important aspects of the zygomatic projection. Why don't you go with the normal cut for the LF1 and then proceed to add mass laterally to the zygos, any lack of mass in the front is not a big deal imo.
Yes of course, I don't have laterally proeminent zygos, what you suggest is implants ? TBH I'm very skeptical about implants, as I have read stories of infection years and years down the line, tbqh I haven't looked a LOT into it either but I'm a bit on the "muh bones" team :lul:

Also I would argue that forward projection is pretty important, take a look at Chico :

(Seeing other pics it's probably photoshopped a little) but to me, what you can see under his left eye is quite attractive and necessary for a good 3/4 view of yourself

Not lying I have like 90% as good zygos from 3/4 as this pic, I'll have to think about it, mostly take xrays and talk with an experienced surgeon about that, but even in the end it's not applicable to my case, it could help a lot of people.

u will never look like chico i dn read but his pic has no buisness here

Yes of course, I don't have laterally proeminent zygos, what you suggest is implants ? TBH I'm very skeptical about implants, as I have read stories of infection years and years down the line, tbqh I haven't looked a LOT into it either but I'm a bit on the "muh bones" team :lul:

Also I would argue that forward projection is pretty important, take a look at Chico :
View attachment 605498
(Seeing other pics it's probably photoshopped a little) but to me, what you can see under his left eye is quite attractive and necessary for a good 3/4 view of yourself

Not lying I have like 90% as good zygos from 3/4 as this pic, I'll have to think about it, mostly take xrays and talk with an experienced surgeon about that, but even in the end it's not applicable to my case, it could help a lot of people.
Even if he has forward projection, the 3/4 view is still the most important, and besides any implant doesn't add mass exclusively to the side but also a bit to the front. By what I've seen the front part of it isn't a big deal as long as you possess lateral projection or sufficient fat pads under the eye.
One can have lateral zygomatic projection that is good but it automatically accompanies the front because that bone is not on one plain.

In regards to infections, that should be at the care of the surgeon itself, an infection means a poor sterilization or containment environment for the piece, witch means a shit surgeon.

Last edited:
In regards to infections, that should be at the care of the surgeon itself, an infection means a poor sterilization or containment environment for the piece, witch means a shit surgeon.

Yeah but I mean even if he does a good job, for some fucking unkown reasons look at thes posts :

And other surgeons are confirming, like, imagine you're minding your own business after acending you're not even thinking about the fact that you had an implant 10 years ago and it gets infected like jfl :lul:

Yeah but I mean even if he does a good job, for some fucking unkown reasons look at thes posts :
View attachment 606172

View attachment 606173

And other surgeons are confirming, like, imagine you're minding your own business after acending you're not even thinking about the fact that you had an implant 10 years ago and it gets infected like jfl :lul:
It would be a pain in the ass for sure, better just hope we get lucky.

• +1
It would be a pain in the ass for sure, better just hope we get lucky.
But extended Lefort 1 helps forward zygomatics growth and zso helps lateral zygomatics growth. It's possible to do a ZSO like 1 year after extended LF1 and you won't ever have to worry about implants infection

But extended Lefort 1 helps forward zygomatics growth and zso helps lateral zygomatics growth. It's possible to do a ZSO like 1 year after extended LF1 and you won't ever have to worry about implants infection
In theory you could, but I really don't see that much of a difference from the ZSO search results that justify another surgery just for the front part of the zygos.

UPDATE, the doc answered me

This is only his opinion, not mine so don't trash me if you think it's a bluepilled response or whatever

I asked him if it would be suitable even if the patient didn't have midface hypoplasia and was pursuing only aesthetics improvements, he said no and to augment the malar area through other means (probably implants then)
You can't really do CCW with such a cut, as expected, but was worth asking
It's not really done anymore, was mainly a 90s thing, he didn't elab on why

Seems like classic bimax + cheekbones implants is the only way to go, fuark, I hope I won't get infections lmao

• +1
Reactions: Reiraku and Deleted member 5891
Revolutionary discovery OP

Researching my own case, I was thinking about the fact that getting a bimax would leave my zygos behind, I don't have big zygos, but they are high set and give a good look on my 3/4, so leaving them behind is not desirable.

As I'm not an aspie and more of a realist I know I won't be getting LF2, MLF2 even less MLF3.

Here comes the multiple LeFort 1 cuts :
View attachment 603733

Source : https://pocketdentistry.com/soft-ti...er-modified-quadrangular-le-fort-i-osteotomy/
You can see the classic LF1 on figure A, well it's better than nothing but it's not the GOAT. The best would be D or E

In the legend of the figures we can see (E) Extended Le Fort I osteotomy (Nørholt et al., 1996).
The author is : http://pure.au.dk/portal/en/persons/sven-erik-noerholt(62661ee1-c68f-4baa-8500-c31c41f0c1cb).html
Which luckily is based (hoping he really is based :lul:) in Europe, I will email him to learn more about this practice and if he only performs it on deformed patients, to my knowledge this is the only osteotomy that moves zygomatics forward, ZSO only moves them laterally.

The chart should be called 'Lefort According to Hitler'.