Facial adaptations which lead to higher fighting success

O

Ocelot

Why do some men look intimidating, and others look weak and effeminate? We on this forum know very well this is because of differences in facial structure, with the former having more masculine traits, and the latter having fewer of them, i.e., more and less sexual dimorphism.

It’s no coincidence that these masculine traits are the same that women find attractive and also correlate with higher intimidation and fighting success. In this thread we will go over some of them and postulate how they lead to fighting success and intimidation.

Zygomatic bones:

High, prominent zygos are a trait often seen in professional wrestlers. For example, Randy Orton, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Mike Tyson, etc.
CA225DC0 9D82 423F 9E08 2D4A59A387EF

Possible reason: The higher and more laterally and anteriorly projected the cheekbones are, the chance of a blow directly damaging the eyeball is lower.

Brow ridge:

A very sexually dimorphic trait, the supraorbital ridge, or the brow ridge, is a part of the frontal bone right above the eye socket which is well expressed in men, but less so in women. It’s not a bone by itself, rather a part of the frontal bone whose projection is determined by the growth of the frontal sinuses.

Prominent brow ridge is yet another trait seen in fighters, rugby players, and even gorillas.

Possible reason: Just like the zygomatic bones, their anterior projection offers mechanical protection to the eyeball, lessening the chance of a blow hitting it.

Flat occiput:

A flat occiput (back of the head) is determined by the growth of the occipital bone.

A distinction has to be made. Some people are born with plagiocephaly, or flat-head syndrome, which results in an assymetric skull flattening. We are talking about healthy individuals with a flat occiput, who often seem to have great forward growth and robust skulls, indicating that a flat occiput (and other traits) is a function of pubertal testosterone exposure.

Examples are Nick Pulos, Nick Bateman, and Brock Lesnar.
8DB5EA4C 29A9 4D01 A453 0B3DADCEBF61

Possible reason: A flat occiput disperses the force of a blow to the back of the head more evenly, reducing the chance of a fracture, unlike a dolicocephalic, curved occiput.

Thick neck:

Thick necks are also a very sexually dimorphic trait, as the neck muscles are very receptive to testosterone due to the their high androgen receptor concentration (like the deltoid and the trapezius muscle). They are so dimorphic that a woman who carries 50 lbs loads on her neck daily will still have less muscle cross-sectional areas in their neck compared to a man who does nothing (unless low T I assume).

Train your neck, it is guaranteed to make you look more masculine.

Possible reason: Protection of the vertabrae.

Deep voice:

Yet another dimorphic trait, voice deepening is a function of testosterone during puberty.

Possible reason: The role of a deep voice is postulated by anthropologists to have been useful in intimidation, not in fighting (obviously).

Others:

Overall muscle mass, height (more importantly wingspan), preferably run on the toes or mid-foot as opposed to the heels, and so on.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AngryShortMale, zipzam, thecel and 32 others
quality thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 6401, Chadelite and 5 others
Deep voice:

Yet another dimorphic trait, voice deepening is a function of testosterone during puberty.

my avi

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Shubham4894, Hades and 7 others
@Age of Empires whats so FUNNY

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and Age of Empires
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Good thread
All heavyweight champions have these features

Tyson fury, deontay wilder, cain velasquez, brock lesnar, andy ruiz

• +1
I've always thought I look weak, low fighting success until a normie once told me I have an intimidating face and I look like a macho. Legit gave me self esteem boost ngl

• +1
I've always thought I look weak, low fighting success until a normie once told me I have an intimidating face and I look like a macho. Legit gave me self esteem boost ngl
Do you have some of the traits listed?

• +1
Deep voice:

my avi
an exception, i believe mike may have been born with few androgen receptors in his neck compared to the rest of his body. he is stll a gigatyrone and one of the best boxers of all time regradless

• +1
Do you have some of the traits listed?
Zygomatic bones and brow ridge plus some other low trust festures like eyebrows and negatively tilted lips but overall I have a wimp skull

• +1
Zygomatic bones and brow ridge plus some other low trust festures like eyebrows and negatively tilted lips but overall I have a wimp skull
Odd. But PSL aspie opinion about your face doesn’t matter. If normies/foids find you appealing/intimidating etc. it’s all good.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 6401
EB242ADE 8F8D 4A6C 8E1A F16A3FB3A8BA

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 6401
Just lol Squintman fooled you good, he is a gay alien skull subhuman
B4Jg5p1

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Beastchodecode, Deleted member 6401, Dude420 and 5 others
Why is this pinned lol

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, randomvanish, Looksmax305 and 3 others
Why is this pinned lol

The thread is good, people here doesn't seems to know how attractiveness work at all.
Better than any other thread I've seen this whole week jfl
Just lol Squintman fooled you good, he is a gay alien skull subhuman
View attachment 337096

Exactly, Squint Bloatman is subhuman.

Deformed failed rhino nose, rabbit strabism eyes, long midface, narrow mouth, round lower third, new Jersey rat pheno jfl.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Vidyacoper, Kingkellz and 1 other person
Blesnar

neck rolls looks cool on flat occiput too

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 4797 and DianabolDownie
Good thread
All heavyweight champions have these features

Tyson fury, deontay wilder, cain velasquez, brock lesnar, andy ruiz

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Elias
Why is this pinned lol
The thread is good, people here doesn't seems to know how attractiveness work at all.
Better than any other thread I've seen this whole week jfl

Exactly, Squint Bloatman is subhuman.

Deformed failed rhino nose, rabbit strabism eyes, long midface, narrow mouth, round lower third, new Jersey rat pheno jfl.
Tbh half of the stuff in this thread was already mentioned in my own thread that I released earlier this week.

For example: thick neck, deep voice, muscle, and height to be exact

2 differences

- my thread not only talked about the importance BUT also gave workout routines, linked/copy pasted research articles, and provided nonsurgical and surgical methods for almost all the traits/characteristics I talked about.

-this thread took a slightly different turn by going more into the fighting success and intimidation part.......
Which was partially discussed in my thread as well

My buzzcut thread I released before the sex appeal thread talked about flat occiput and zygomatic bones too...

I have also discussed how your brow ridge is sexually dimorphic in the replies of some threads.

This thread is basically a "spin off" what I've mentioned in the past weeks without the full package so to speak

But whatever still good thread for ppl to read

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadelite, Deleted member 6129 and 3 others
Tbh half of the stuff in this thread was already mentioned in my own thread that I released earlier this week.

2 differences

- my thread not only talked about the importance BUT also gave workout routines, linked/copy pasted research articles, and provided nonsurgical and surgical methods for almost all the traits/characteristics I talked about.

-this thread took a slightly different turn by going more into the fighting success and intimidation part.......

My buzzcut thread I released before the sex appeal thread talked about flat occiput and zygomatic bones too...

I have also discussed how your brow ridge is sexually dimorphic in the replies of some threads.

This thread is basically a "spin off" what I've mentioned in the past weeks without the full package so to speak

The problem is that people here have no idea of why some traits are attractive. Most users try to explain a good looking face saying "Harmony" but this is wrong. They can know what trait is attractive (most don't too jfl) but not in a scientific way. Anyway this thread is "water is wet" for me and some other users here, but seeing how people try to explain attractive faces using "Harmony" show that most users here have no idea of what they are talking about.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: A L P H A M A L E, Deleted member 6401, the next o'pry and 4 others
A nice compilation of certain traits. Good post. To the point.

• +1
Flat occiput is relative

the neck muscle attachement is the most important

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode and Deleted member 6401
Yeet
Ideal occiput checking in

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Edgar

2 differences

You are purposely finding a way to make it seem like I used content or ideas from your thread, which is ridiculous. The entire premise of my thread is completely different. The thread I assume you’re talking about is the “sex appeal maxxing” one. My thread is just theories on the function of these in fighting and intimidation. Me mentioning that a deep voice/muscles is good and saying that is copying is frankly a very contrived assumption. You might as well say any thread that mentions deep voice/muscles is copying yours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Vidyacoper and Deleted member 2227
Bonesmashing with boxing is legit
You’ll have all these features including a protruding chin

• +1
Tyson Fury doesn't really have a flat occupit.

• +1
Tyson Fury doesn't really have a flat occupit.
I didn’t cite him as an example either. I never said all wrestlers or even most have flat occiputs. It’s a rare trait. You will however see a disproportionately higher amount of fighters with the listed traits when compared to the general populace.

• +1
I didn’t cite him as an example either. I never said all wrestlers or even most have flat occiputs. It’s a rare trait. You will however see a disproportionately higher amount of fighters with the listed traits when compared to the general populace.
Also a big mandible is a sign of high t and makes it easier to resist hooks or jabs to the chin

• +1
If fighting success is important why are all fighters unattractive

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and AlexanderTheGreat
If fighting success is important why are all fighters unattractive
The traits mentioned aren’t everything in looks. If you’re suggesting that the aforementioned traits don’t play a role in attractiveness... jfl.
Fighters tend to have negative IQ grooming, just looking at their skin, hair, teeth, etc. That doesn’t mean that the traits they possess aren’t important.

• +1
It's over for my low fighting success face

IMG 20200406 1043072

I've lost many fights in my life.

• +1
It's over for my low fighting success face

I've lost many fights in my life.
Don’t shit on yourself for this. These traits are very rare. How often do you see people with Mike Tyson’s cheekbones walking around? Besides, you can get a thick neck and muscles by training.

• +1
this is legitimately more interesting than 99% of what is on the looksmaxxing section. this is why lookism was better in its prime. lots of informative articles, lots of blackpill science. it wasn't a looks board but had pua and incel influences.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 5393 and 1 other person
this is legitimately more interesting than 99% of what is on the looksmaxxing section. this is why lookism was better in its prime. lots of informative articles, lots of blackpill science. it wasn't a looks board but had pua and incel influences.
Thank you! I did take my time with this thread.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Baal
Seems like people get fooled by the haircut of Bateman.
Its pretty obv that it is his hair that make it look like the skull is sticking out. Here is a pic where it dosnt stick out like when he has shaved the lower part shorter.
External contentduckduckgocom
B4Jg5p1

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 2227
Yes, I realised. Another user mentioned it. Nick Pulos and Lesnar are legit though.

• +1
Don’t shit on yourself for this. These traits are very rare. How often do you see people with Mike Tyson’s cheekbones walking around? Besides, you can get a thick neck and muscles by training.
What psl would you say mike tyson was back then?

• +1
What psl would you say mike tyson was back then?
5, maybe 5.5. Amazing lower third and cheekbones, good eye area, but his coloring, nose, and lips are failos.

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
basic knowlage tbh dunno why this is pinned

• +1