Facial redness increases men's perceived health and attractiveness

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

God make my neurotransmitters great inc
paper 1:
In four experiments, women judged the attractiveness of men's faces, which were presented with varying degrees of redness. We also examined perceived healthiness and other candidate variables as mediators of the red-attractiveness effect. The results show that facial redness positively influences ratings of men's attractiveness. Additionally, perceived healthiness was documented as a mediator of this effect, independent of other potential mediator variables. The current research emphasizes facial coloration as an important feature of social judgments.

paper 2:
Skin blood perfusion and oxygenation depends upon cardiovascular, hormonal and circulatory health in humans and provides socio-sexual signals of underlying physiology, dominance and reproductive status in some primates. We allowed participants to manipulate colour calibrated facial photographs along empirically-measured oxygenated and deoxygenated blood colour axes both separately and simultaneously, to optimise healthy appearance. Participants increased skin blood colour, particularly oxygenated, above basal levels to optimise healthy appearance. We show, therefore, that skin blood perfusion and oxygenation influence perceived health in a way that may be important to mate choice.

paper 3:
Face skin tone had a significant impact on the participants' attractiveness judgment of target faces. However, the target face skin tone contribution to the participants' attractiveness judgment (5% of the total variance) was much weaker than the contribution of the target face symmetry (85% of the total variance). These results imply that skin bleaching, common among Black people across sub-Saharan African countries, is not only dangerous to the health of those who practice it, but it is unlikely to make them appear much more attractive.

paper 4:
When researchers give participants the ability to manipulate the overall colour of facial images to optimize apparent healthiness, they increase redness (the a* axis of the CIELAB human colour space; Commission Internationale d'Eclairage), yellowness (b*) and lightness (L*) [36]. Further studies have indicated that yellower and redder skin is also more attractive in male faces [37,38]. Skin yellowness and redness are probably linked to health and attractiveness because these colour properties vary with current health [39].

paper 5:
Regarding long-term physical condition, blood perfusion and oxygenation, which are reduced when a person's health or cardiovascular fitness is poor, are linked to reduced skin redness [40,41]. When asked to adjust the colour of male and female facial images to optimize their healthy and attractive appearance, participants increase skin blood colour [26,42]. When judging for health and attractiveness, participants discriminate between faces differing in oxygenated blood colour at similar ΔE thresholds [26]. This suggests that perceptions of attractiveness and health that are based on skin redness might be closely linked. There is also evidence that facial healthiness mediates the effect of red skin colour on female sexual attractiveness [43].

paper 6:
Fashion stylists advise clothing colours according to personal categories that depend on skin, hair and eye colour. These categories are not defined scientifically, and advised colours are inconsistent. Such caveats may explain the lack of formal tests of clothing colour aesthetics. We assessed whether observers preferred clothing colours that are linked to variation in melanin levels among White women. For this, we presented 12 women's faces: six with fair skin (relatively lower in melanin) and six with tanned skin (relatively higher in melanin). Across two experiments, observers (N = 96 and 75) selected the colour (hue and saturation or hue and value) of simulated clothing that most suited the skin tone of each face. Observers showed strong preferences for red and blue hues, and in addition favoured 'cool' blue hues to match fair skin and 'warm' orange/red hues to match tanned skin. This finding suggests that skin tone can determine colour preferences for clothes.

paper 7 (Take w grain of salt):
Participants rated the attractiveness and racial typicality of male faces varying in their facial features from Afrocentric to Eurocentric and in skin tone from dark to light in two experiments. Experiment 1 provided evidence that facial features and skin tone have an interactive effect on perceptions of attractiveness and mixed-race faces are perceived as more attractive than single-race faces. Experiment 2 further confirmed that faces with medium levels of skin tone and facial features are perceived as more attractive than faces with extreme levels of these factors. Black phenotypes (combinations of dark skin tone and Afrocentric facial features) were rated as more attractive than White phenotypes (combinations of light skin tone and Eurocentric facial features); ambiguous faces (combinations of Afrocentric and Eurocentric physiognomy) with medium levels of skin tone were rated as the most attractive in Experiment 2. Perceptions of attractiveness were relatively independent of racial categorization in both experiments.

paper 8:
In humans, it has been shown that wearing red in a variety of physically competitive sports is associated with an increased chance of winning over opponents [109]. This has been interpreted as natural associations of red with dominance being extended to artificially displayed red in the same way that artificial stimuli can exploit innate responses to natural stimuli [108,110]. One study pitting red versus blue shapes found that red shapes were seen as more aggressive, dominant and more likely to win in physical competitions [111]. Red does generally seem to have aversive effects on human behaviour. For example, when taking exams, individuals move their body away from tests with red covers more than they do from those with green or grey covers [112]. While these studies suggest the colour red may be seen as a threatening stimulus in humans, red also appears to enhance attraction in some instances. For example, women are seen as more attractive by men when presented with red backgrounds or with red clothing, relative to other colours [113]. This effect appears to be specific to attractiveness judgements; red colour does not influence judgements of other traits such as kindness or intelligence and does not influence women's attractiveness judgements of other women [113]. Further research has examined red coloration in faces and demonstrated a positive association with perceived health [114]. The authors suggest that perception of healthy, oxygenated blood may drive associations between red and healthiness. Alongside redness, people also appear to think that skin yellowness is associated with healthy appearance in faces [114]. Yellowness may advertise health via an association with diet, as carotenoids are associated with skin yellowness and are absorbed via the intake of fruit and vegetables [114]. Taken together, these studies suggest that information on attractiveness and health is available from surface skin and that facial attractiveness is not dependent only on traits that display limited variation in adult life: skin texture and skin colour can vary over weeks or even days.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 20652, JL~ and 4 others
Hellboy CFIR

Hellboy theory

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: anthony111553, Thinking_Machine, BigLooks22 and 6 others
How much lycopene is needed

7979_127986565592.jpg
Alain-Delon-Purple-Noon.png

• +1
Reactions: JL~, john2, Racky and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and User49
How much lycopene is needed
read the other studies increasing oxygenation to the skin tissue will probably be more effective. For this there is nothing better than losing fat, methylene blue topical, aspirin (increases CO2 levels and thus better oxygen transport) and progesterone (lightens skin and has the opposite function of oestradiol in this case which darkens skin, probably becaus progesterone decreases with lower oxygen concentrations, and higher progesterone levels is interlinked with better oxygenated blood (makes sense as progesterone is ionotropic) )

@Shieda_Kayn @Tallooksmaxxer @mrriceguy @Xangsane

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and Tallooksmaxxer
read the other studies increasing oxygenation to the skin tissue will probably be more effective. For this there is nothing better than losing fat, methylene blue topical, aspirin (increases CO2 levels and thus better oxygen transport) and progesterone (lightens skin and has the opposite function of oestradiol in this case which darkens skin, probably becaus progesterone decreases with lower oxygen concentrations, and higher progesterone is interlinked with higher oxygenated blood (makes sense as progesterone is ionotropic) )

@Shieda_Kayn @Tallooksmaxxer @mrriceguy
Good thread, will read later

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Being pale fucking sucks, I better start doing my Beta Carotene

• +1
Being pale fucking sucks, I better start doing my Beta Carotene
Not healthy, do lycopene and tan instead and eat just enough beta carotene to get some yellow tones like a raw carrot a day

• +1
Reactions: LiteralCaucasian
read the other studies increasing oxygenation to the skin tissue will probably be more effective. For this there is nothing better than losing fat, methylene blue topical, aspirin (increases CO2 levels and thus better oxygen transport) and progesterone (lightens skin and has the opposite function of oestradiol in this case which darkens skin, probably becaus progesterone decreases with lower oxygen concentrations, and higher progesterone levels is interlinked with better oxygenated blood (makes sense as progesterone is ionotropic) )
you used preach aerobic exercises, what about that?
and i guess i dont have a good blood circulation on my face because my facial structure is recessed and i cant get enough air because of blocked airways. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman:

• +1
Not healthy, do lycopene and tan instead and eat just enough beta carotene to get some yellow tones like a raw carrot a day
I want to have the skin tone of this guy
Hallstattm

While looking like this one

WE WUZ ᲛᲔᲤᲔZ AND SHEEIT

• JFL
Reactions: Racky and BrahminBoss
you used preach aerobic exercises, what about that?
and i guess i dont have a good blood circulation on my face because my facial structure is recessed and i cant get enough air because of blocked airways. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman:
Yes. Cardio can help but too much cardio is a problem. Yes people w good maxilla’s and thin also have great colouring have you noticed? Look up fat Ramirez sendhil and delon they look deathly pale and sapped of their colouring and beauty

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga and Tallooksmaxxer
“Looksmax”.org

Yeah it's crazy how some people on this forum think facial redness is bad when it's ideal, so far I'm megadosing MSM (24g daily) to increase pheomelanin for redness, I'm also taking beta carotene. Astaxanthin and lycopene are probably the best for this purpose but they both interact with DHT. I made a thread asking how to make skin redder but didn't really get any new information from it

this is ideal colouring
hexum-jpg.2052260

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and BrahminBoss
Yeah it's crazy how some people on this forum think facial redness is bad when it's ideal, so far I'm megadosing MSM (24g daily) to increase pheomelanin for redness, I'm also taking beta carotene. Astaxanthin and lycopene are probably the best for this purpose but they both interact with DHT. I made a thread asking how to make skin redder but didn't really get any new information from it

this is ideal colouring
hexum-jpg.2052260
Pheomelanin seems to be more about luminescence than undertones, nac with msm probably synergies for that purpose. Lycopene does decrease dht but it’s not something I’d be worried about. Simply use dht enhancers more like coffee creatine vitamin d low dose progesterone etc to counteract ; imo the reward is worth it since I rarely see people w striking undertones or even undertones that are visible. You can stand out easily plus lycopene takes effect within just one week..

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and Deleted member 18544
Pheomelanin seems to be more about luminescence than undertones, nac with msm probably synergies for that purpose. Lycopene does decrease dht but it’s not something I’d be worried about. Simply use dht enhancers more like coffee creatine vitamin d low dose progesterone etc to counteract ; imo the reward is worth it since I rarely see people w striking undertones or even undertones that are visible. You can stand out easily plus lycopene takes effect within just one week..
i don't want to lower DHT at 16 years old so i'll start taking lycopene or astaxanthin when i'm 18

• +1
Do you think it's worth tanning as an Asian but with European skin?

• +1
Do you think it's worth tanning as an Asian but with European skin?
Only slight. Would focus on colouring through supp and diet more. Good Eyebrows are extremely imp on Asians and Indians.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
I had facial redness on Pharmaceutical Testosterone

//Thomas DOM

• Love it
Only slight. Would focus on colouring through supp and diet more. Good Eyebrows are extremely imp on Asians and Indians.
Can't avoid eyebrow pill for a second

• +1
I had facial redness on Pharmaceutical Testosterone

//Thomas DOM
Yes bhai did you read the thread? Facial redness increases on testosterone and so does melanin (upto a point) and these both increase a DOM look in males👀

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863

this is ideal colouring
hexum-jpg.2052260
24g is too much. try 4g :feelsokman:

• +1