Falling in love via eyes theory. GTFIH and read my THEORY

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
i think all people can fall in love with each other if they look into eachother eyes long enough

the thing is, people will feel a resistance to looking into the eyes of someone they don't want to fall in love with, so you can never actually get to this point with people who dont feel compelled to date you

imagine if you and a stacy were set up in some kind of experimental chamber where you had to look each other in the eyes with your eyelids forced open (they would put water drops in every now and then to keep them undry).

Bsaically pair bonding=eye contact. Hegelian recognition in its purest form

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: A Raving Ape, Deleted member 23558, Tabula Rasa and 1 other person
hegel is a dummy, kant mogs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
i barely know anything about hegel besides the basic notion of what dialetics is, i just wanted to kickstart the conversation. what is hegelian recognition, btw?

• +1
Reactions: fuse
i barely know anything about hegel besides the basic notion of what dialetics is, i just wanted to kickstart the conversation. what is hegelian recognition, btw?
Self-consciousness is defined by its being recognized as self-conscious by another self-consciousness.

I think the primary motor of this recognition is visual, so mutual eye contact has great philosophical import.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and DelonLover1999
Self-consciousness is defined by its being recognized as self-conscious by another self-consciousness.

I think the primary motor of this recognition is visual, so mutual eye contact has great philosophical import.
good shit, kind of a mind fuck but interesting

that means that for hegel if you were completely isolated from human connection from birth you wouldn’t develop consciousness in the same way a normal human does, right? thats pretty reasonable

• +1
Reactions: fuse and LampPostPrime
good shit, kind of a mind fuck but interesting

that means that for hegel if you were completely isolated from human connection from birth you wouldn’t develop consciousness in the same way a normal human does, right? thats pretty reasonable
Yes. Or more specifically, that person would have a different relationship to the world and a different sense of self and other, of subject and object, than those who grew up with others. In my view ascertaining whatever that sense might be would be beyond the purview of Hegel.

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
only if chad

• JFL
Reactions: Lebgfinal
Lol did u get this from the study? They literally did a study already doing this and like half the participants married. Unironically heartwarming stuff. Inb4 low t fag

i think all people can fall in love with each other if they look into eachother eyes long enough

the thing is, people will feel a resistance to looking into the eyes of someone they don't want to fall in love with, so you can never actually get to this point with people who dont feel compelled to date you

imagine if you and a stacy were set up in some kind of experimental chamber where you had to look each other in the eyes with your eyelids forced open (they would put water drops in every now and then to keep them undry).

Bsaically pair bonding=eye contact. Hegelian recognition in its purest form
Hegel got completely BTFO by the true chad philosopher of the 19th century, Schopenhauer. “On Women” is one of the most based essays I’ve read.

Lol did u get this from the study? They literally did a study already doing this and like half the participants married. Unironically heartwarming stuff. Inb4 low t fag
They were just generally compatible and went on to marry each other after meeting in such a fashion lol. It just propels you to try and take it further than that if you happen to be looking for someone. I wouldnt say there's a causal link between that and the eye contact experiment.

• Woah
Reactions: LampPostPrime
They were just generally compatible and went on to marry each other after meeting in such a fashion lol. It just propels you to try and take it further than that if you happen to be looking for someone. I wouldnt say there's a causal link between that and the eye contact experiment.
Wait wat do u mean? U saying the people in the study were already compatible? And the study just linked them together?

link it i genuinely didnt know it existed

Wait wat do u mean? U saying the people in the study were already compatible? And the study just linked them together?
No, the fact that they were compatible wasn't known, they went on to get married because of that general compatibility that they found out later and not because the eye contact experiment directly caused that. They also might've been conditioned to look at the other person through a romantic attraction lens because of the point of the experiment, and if they like them in general and happen to be single it isn't that far fetched that they may go on to get married. It's just a random first encounter which snowballs into a relationship between two people that would've been into each other under any other set of circumstances.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Deleted member 18582