Fasting

gymcelalpha

gymcelalpha

5'11 5.5PSL Soon to be D1 American football player
Day 1 of my 3 day fast down. 1 step closer to 12% bf. Anyone know any supplements or natural shit I can use to take advantage of this and burn more bf? I’ve been taking ashwagandha, fish oil, apple cider vinegar, etc.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 9837, MansNotHot and 1 other person
Should’ve put this in the looksmaxxing section. oops

when i fast i eat salts, pottasium etc

when i fast i eat salts, pottasium etc
I’m trying to remain under a 50 calorie daily limit. Any recommendations?

• JFL
Reactions: karbo
I’m trying to remain under a 50 calorie daily limit. Any recommendations?
search up snake juice or snake diet on YouTube he is the man you want when you are in a fast, I've done 17 days on water +pottasium +vinegar+ salt ,
wouldn't really recommend vinegar though it spikes up your sugar levels.
salt can help you be active while you fast
if you just fast on water you will feel really dizzy for example when training

• +1
Reactions: gymcelalpha
search up snake juice or snake diet on YouTube he is the man you want when you are in a fast, I've done 17 days on water +pottasium +vinegar+ salt ,
wouldn't really recommend vinegar though it spikes up your sugar levels.
salt can help you be active while you fast
if you just fast on water you will feel really dizzy for example when training
I was always under the impression that salt makes you bloated, sorry i’m low IQ when it comes to fasting. Currently at 16% BF and only just started recently.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9499
I was always under the impression that salt makes you bloated, sorry i’m low IQ when it comes to fasting. Currently at 16% BF and only just started recently.
bruh salt is the best thing when you fast trust me

• +1
Do you workout on fasts?

• Love it
I’ll look more into it. Thanks for the recommendations.
never heard of salt while fasting, stick to only water, yes you might feel dizzy or tired or light headed, but this is just what happens when your glycogen storages are depleted, if you're gonna fast, THEN ONLY WATER, THATS IT, WHOLE POINT IS FOR YOUR BODY TO FEED OFF ITSELF, NOT FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7863
never heard of salt while fasting, stick to only water, yes you might feel dizzy or tired or light headed, but this is just what happens when your glycogen storages are depleted, if you're gonna fast, THEN ONLY WATER, THATS IT, WHOLE POINT IS FOR YOUR BODY TO FEED OFF ITSELF, NOT FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES
Salts are just to keep those levels up, won't actually break your fast

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9499 and gymcelalpha
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7863
giga low iq, fasting just on water is retarded you are depleting yourself of valuable electrolytes

giga low iq, fasting just on water is retarded you are depleting yourself of valuable electrolytes
Screenshot 2020 09 22 11 38 05 657 comandroidchrome

Salts are just to keep those levels up, won't actually break your fast
im probably wrong, i mean i dont really fast, but my take on it is let your body use itself for everything needed, if it can no longer do that then you should stop, we need many vitamins, micro and macro nutrients, that we arent getting if we fast, we are forcing our body to make more growth hormone, to compensate for the lack of fuel, the more we push, the more our body pushes back.

it's not a glucose symptom it's your body telling you ut needs electrolytes
no, i know the feeling of glycogen depletion, it can make your brain feel completely clouded, not saying its not electrolytes, just saying no glycogen can have similar effects

• +1
fasting is retarded, you are depleting yourself of fuel, your body is eating itself, and makes it impossible for you to grow(muscle, and overall, i mean if your calorie intake is lower than expenditure, you will not grow, especially when the gap is that big)im pretty sure the whole point of fasting is to deplete your body of everything, only water because its essential to stay alive, you will feel bad from no carbs, you will not gain muscle since you're not eating protein, and you will be hungry, all negatives, doesnt mean you can do something about it without defeating the purpose of the fast

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4612
fasting is retarded, you are depleting yourself of fuel, your body is eating itself, and makes it impossible for you to grow(muscle, and overall, i mean if your calorie intake is lower than expenditure, you will not grow, especially when the gap is that big)im pretty sure the whole point of fasting is to deplete your body of everything, only water because its essential to stay alive, you will feel bad from no carbs, you will not gain muscle since you're not eating protein, and you will be hungry, all negatives, doesnt mean you can do something about it without defeating the purpose of the fast
2-3 day fasting isn’t enough depletion of resources to actually make you lose muscle mass. Your body undergoes a state of ketosis after it burns all the carbohydrates and eventually will switch to fat stores as a source of energy. Think about it, our ancestors went days even a week or more without food and still ran miles chasing mammoths and then ate like kings for days before repeating the process.

• +1
on a 2 liter bottle of water you add the salts that help you a lot
so you use the water to mix with the ingredients for the drink

but you don't drink the water by itself

• +1
if you are fat you already have all the fuel you need on your body, you just need the snake juice if you want to stay active (not alot) but i mean if you work , water fasting will "destroy" you meaning you will feel like fainting if you do any sctive job

2-3 day fasting isn’t enough depletion of resources to actually make you lose muscle mass. Your body undergoes a state of ketosis after it burns all the carbohydrates and eventually will switch to fat stores as a source of energy. Think about it, our ancestors went days even a week or more without food and still ran miles chasing mammoths and then ate like kings for days before repeating the process.
i never said anything about losing muscle mass, and yes, while fasted you will preserve a certain amount of your muscle mass, what i said was, you certainly will not grow

i never said anything about losing muscle mass, and yes, while fasted you will preserve a certain amount of your muscle mass, what i said was, you certainly will not grow
fasting has shown to increase hgh levels so i don't know what you are talking about

• +1
Well the goal of fasting isn’t to grow. It’s to shred fat from your body. The preservation of muscle mass is still a benefit even if it doesn’t grow because by fasting you’re gonna make those big bulging muscles you have even more noticeable.

fasting has shown to increase hgh levels so i don't know what you are talking about
? yea to compensate for the lack of essential nutrients, it pretty much cancels out, you might be getting different benefits, but the increased production of gh wont impact growth, it is only to attempt to preserve the mass you already have, you dont know what im talking about, and you also seem to not know what you're talking about yourself, perhaps do more research

Well the goal of fasting isn’t to grow. It’s to shred fat from your body. The preservation of muscle mass is still a benefit even if it doesn’t grow because by fasting you’re gonna make those big bulging muscles you have even more noticeable.
no one said the goal of fasting was to grow, i clearly said the goal of fasting is to deplete yourself of everything and force your body to make everything it needs, by you stating 2-3 days isnt enough to lose muscle, you are supporting the fact that if something isnt greatly impacting your health while fasting then its fine, and im pretty sure not intaking salt for a few days wont do anything either, electrolytes are essential the same way food is essential, and you will feel bad from lack of electrolytes the same way you'll feel bad from lack of fuel (especially carbs), doesnt mean you just fix it because its not pleasant, only reason water is needed is because nothing can compensate for it, and its extremely essential as we are more than 50% water, are we more than 50% percent electrolytes? can we only survive around 3 days without electrolytes like we can with water? gh is used to compensate for the lack of EVERYTHING, gh doesnt replace protein, yet your body makes it as a replacement for protein (and everything else), whos to say your body wont attempt to make more gh for the lack of vitamins and electrolytes too?

• +1
no one said the goal of fasting was to grow, i clearly said the goal of fasting is to deplete yourself of everything and force your body to make everything it needs, by you stating 2-3 days isnt enough to lose muscle, you are supporting the fact that if something isnt greatly impacting your health while fasting then its fine, and im pretty sure not intaking salt for a few days wont do anything either, electrolytes are essential the same way food is essential, and you will feel bad from lack of electrolytes the same way you'll feel bad from lack of fuel (especially carbs), doesnt mean you just fix it because its not pleasant, only reason water is needed is because nothing can compensate for it, and its extremely essential as we are more than 50% water, are we more than 50% percent electrolytes? can we only survive around 3 days without electrolytes like we can with water? gh is used to compensate for the lack of EVERYTHING, gh doesnt replace protein, yet your body makes it as a replacement for protein (and everything else), whos to say your body wont attempt to make more gh for the lack of vitamins and electrolytes too?
Just do your research man. I agree with a lot of what you said but the end goal of fasting is just to burn body fat and i’m 100% sure the benefits of fasting, detoxing and all that heavily outweigh the side effects. There’s a great video about it that I can link you if you want. Nothing good in nature comes without side effects besides water obviously but in the end i doubt fasting 2-3 days twice a month is gonna have any long term negative impact on my body and being an athlete and all I did a little bit of research and took precautions beforehand to make sure my body doesn’t suffer long term from this.

Natural supplements are 99% scams you wont find anything that will shed fat faster