Favorite Albums

Deleted member 97

Deleted member 97

Physiognomist
Distinct from the Music Megathread in that this is not a compendium of YouTube embeds, but rather a set of lists detailing the essential points of everyone's taste. With zoomers being such a large share of the user base, I'm not sure how many people listen to full albums on here, but it's worth a thread regardless. Ten is the ideal number, but it doesn't matter too much. Mine:

Today Is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Hammerhead - Ethereal Killer
Scott Walker - The Drift
Caspar Brötzmann Massaker - Home
Deathspell Omega - Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum
Mana Mana - Totuus Palaa
Vágtázó Halottkémek - A Semmi Kapuin Dörömbölve
Bastards - Monticello
Suicide - Suicide
Drottnar - Welterwerk

Is pretty close. Some leftovers:

Unsane - Scattered, Smothered, and Covered
Immolation - Unholy Cult
Idaho - Year After Year
Timco - Gentleman Jim (bonus points for not being uploaded on YouTube, Bandcamp, etc.)

Particularly interested to hear from:

@Psychonaut
@Mainländer

Do you want it to be just rock or everything? Also, with or without weeb stuff?

Pretty boomer-tier

The White Album by The Beatles is probably my favorite album of all time. I listened it while I was on acid and it was fucking euphoric. I've never felt that happy in my life.

• +1
Reactions: Mainländer
Choosing top 10 favorite is tough. I may have to come back to this later...

• +1
Reactions: Mainländer
So let's go. I have decided to leave doujin music stuff out (apart from just one album, I couldn't leave it completely out because I simply love that stuff and it's a huge musical influence to me) since most albums either have only a handful of really good songs and the rest is instrumental/electronic filler or are really small (5-7 songs).

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters (It's pretty disappointing that the Foo Fighters became basically "leddit - le band" and have fallen into the arms of normies, but this is nevertheless my all-time favorite album).

Nirvana - Incesticide (This is a compilation and not really an album, but it's nevertheless the Nirvana stuff that contains the most songs among my favorites, as well as the single album I probably listened to the most in my life).

Silverchair - Neon Ballroom (Simply brilliant stuff, especially considering their ages at the time - the best songs are in the second half of the album if anyone is really going to listen).

The Strokes - Is This Cucktears It? (Brilliant and groundbreaking album IMO).

Los Hermanos - Bloco do Eu Sozinho (Best Brazilian album of all times IMO, I'd recommend it for gringos interested in Brazilian music).

Shibayan - Sugar Particle (しゅがー☆ぱーてぃくる ) (Shibayan's only non-Touhou and Vocaloid album and the weeb representant of this list, the songs are absolutely great in terms of composition, so much advanced stuff going on that goes unnoticed and eclipsed by the high pitch vocals by normie, non-musically trained ears - the non-Shibayan songs, 6th and 7th, aren't as good but cool as well).

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (Great, underrated, melancholic album).

Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age (Pretty hard to choose my favorite album from this band but I think this one takes it - sorry about the album cover @knajjd :feelsbaton:).

Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish (Not all songs are good IMO, but many are stupendous and this is my favorite Blur album nevertheless).

Os Travessos - Os Travessos 2000 (feeling more nationalistic in my musical tastes since my experiences overseas - I listened to plenty of Brazilian music there out of nostalgia for Brazil - but I genuinely think this is a pagode masterpiece).

Also, I'll listen to your stuff @Ledgemund now that I enjoy the pleasures of unlimited internet again.

Last edited:
So let's go. I have decided to leave doujin music stuff out (apart from just one album, I couldn't leave it completely out because I simply love that stuff and it's a huge musical influence to me) since most albums either have only a handful of really good songs and the rest is instrumental/electronic filler or are really small (5-7 songs).

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters (It's pretty disappointing that the Foo Fighters became basically "leddit - le band" and have fallen into the arms of normies, but this is nevertheless my all-time favorite album).

Nirvana - Incesticide (This is a compilation and not really an album, but it's nevertheless the Nirvana stuff that contains the most songs among my favorites, as well as the single album I probably listened to the most in my life).

Silverchair - Neon Ballroom (Simply brilliant stuff, especially considering their ages at the time - the best songs are in the second half of the album if anyone is really going to listen).

The Strokes - Is This Cucktears It? (Brilliant and groundbreaking album IMO).

Los Hermanos - Bloco do Eu Sozinho (Best Brazilian album of all times IMO, I'd recommend it for gringos interested in Brazilian music).

Shibayan - Sugar Particle (しゅがー☆ぱーてぃくる ) (Shibayan's only non-Touhou and Vocaloid album and the weeb representant of this list, the songs are absolutely great in terms of composition, so much advanced stuff going on that goes unnoticed and eclipsed by the high pitch vocals by normie, non-musically trained ears - the non-Shibayan songs, 6th and 7th, aren't as good but cool as well).

Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (Great, underrated, melancholic album).

Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age (Pretty hard to choose my favorite album from this band but I think this one takes it - sorry about the album cover @knajjd :feelsbaton:).

Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish (Not all songs are good IMO, but many are stupendous and this is my favorite Blur album nevertheless).

Os Travessos - Os Travessos 2000 (feeling more nationalistic in my musical tastes since my experiences overseas - I listened to plenty of Brazilian music there out of nostalgia for Brazil - but I genuinely think this is a pagode masterpiece).

Also, I'll listen to your stuff @Ledgemund now that I enjoy the pleasures of unlimited internet again.

hmmmmmmmmm

Pretty good, Incesticide especially. "Dive" was the first track I taught myself to sing/play at the same time.

Some recs:

Grohl seems to like these guys a lot, also a huge influence on Hammerhead. Has an atmosphere very evocative of the place I grew up. I don't care for them quite as much as I get older, with all the dogshit notebook poetry and gay junkie Beat stuff surrounding the Dü

Cobain liked this band and it very much shows - Nirvana even did covers, including one of this particular song. Great incel music as well, if you can make out the lyrics:

STP remind me a bit of this band:

Never listened to the Strokes before, but they remind me a bit of Chokebore. I get the sense that this music would be well-suited to the Brazilian cityscape - the band was from Hawaii/LA and their music reflects humid coastal heat. I always imagined that this band would have soundtracked my life if I was born as a Chadlite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back