Fin vs Min vs Dut vs RU

Deleted member 4014

Deleted member 4014

Iron
What's the best one in ur opinion to take for receding hairline with minimal side effects

Fin has the worst side effects and isn't worth the risk, I cant speak on the others

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, ProAcktiv, Deleted member 11628 and 4 others
Dutasteride is significantly riskier than finasteride.
heres a different question. I know your more likely to get sides on dut than fin. but if I were to try dut for a few months and say I saw 0 sides, is it more dangerous long term and am I still able to develop sides down the line

heres a different question. I know your more likely to get sides on dut than fin. but if I were to try dut for a few months and say I saw 0 sides, is it more dangerous long term and am I still able to develop sides down the line
I am too frightened to use Dutasteride due to the inhibition of the type 1 5ar enzyme - which is present in the brain and is important in neurosteroid production

I don't know about the long term safety profile of any of these I personally think they are all pretty shitty for you - but I want to rope because of my dogshit hairline so i cope with fin

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Apeiron and Salience
Topical 0.3mg fin every 2 days and you can forget about side effects. But this is only a preventative protocol and don't expect regrowth.

Been on this for a year and got no sides. I got sides when I pushed it to 0.5mg every other day but I dialed it back down and sides went away

Been on min for a week noticed a pretty significant sleep line but perhaps it was already there

I think if your hair is getting fucked up by baldness fin + min are pretty much essential. Maybe fin by it's own until you reach nw2

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
Topical 0.3mg fin every 2 days and you can forget about side effects. But this is only a preventative protocol and don't expect regrowth.

Been on this for a year and got no sides. I got sides when I pushed it to 0.5mg every other day but I dialed it back down and sides went away
Do you combine this with Dermarolling or any other hair regrowth strategies ie; scalp massaging?

• +1
Reactions: Salience and Deleted member 4887

Been on 1mg fin everyday for almost 2 weeks had 0 side effects when should expect side effects? Still getting morning wood

Its scuffed since my hair is super thick + my mums dad died with a thick ass full head of hair + I have no crown recession + I have healthy diet with no imbalances yet my hairline still looks like this at 22 yrs old fml
149050737 946850106054130 5696438687052210719 n
Even though it looks like this at the front.
143174304 691853284786419 3553216108292970203 n 1
Honestly fuck being a male sometimes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.58.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.58.32 pm.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
none on these are 100% "safe"

even RU can worsen your vision and give you heartproblems. also countless reports of people who report sexual side effects under RU and gyno

just go bald bro, chick dig the bald look especially when you combine it with a lot of confidence, looks isnt really that important
😎

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel, lasthope, gamma and 6 others
You can get side effects on any of them (although very unlikely), but I'd go with fin or RU. If you get sides, just back off a bit and try something else.

Finasteride : overall the best with least side effects and more potential for maintenance, but don't expect much regrowth from it

Minoxidil: garbage product overall. Pain in the ass to use, ages your skin, bloats you, makes your hair heavily dependent on it, you're better off getting a transplant and maintain with finasteride

RU : Not many legit studies were done, no one really knows how effective it is or how it works, expensive, huge pain in the ass to buy, prepare and use, overall not worth it

Dutasteride : Finasteride on roids, more potential for regrowth and maintenance, but bigger risk of side effects, if your hair loss is not very aggressive then don't bother with it unless finasteride stops working

• +1
Reactions: lasthope, Salience, sytyl and 1 other person
Finasteride : overall the best with least side effects and more potential for maintenance, but don't expect much regrowth from it

Minoxidil: garbage product overall. Pain in the ass to use, ages your skin, bloats you, makes your hair heavily dependent on it, you're better off getting a transplant and maintain with finasteride

RU : Not many legit studies were done, no one really knows how effective it is or how it works, expensive, huge pain in the ass to buy, prepare and use, overall not worth it

Dutasteride : Finasteride on roids, more potential for regrowth and maintenance, but bigger risk of side effects, if your hair loss is not very aggressive then don't bother with it unless finasteride stops working
Where is the proof minoxidil ages skin?

Where is the proof minoxidil ages skin?
Inhibits collagen

Causes oxidative stress

Transforms type 3 collagen into type 1 collagen

Melts subcutaneous fat

There are tens of thousands of people on the internet reporting suffering skin aging, dark circles, crow's feet and i was one of them and my skin got affected before as well from minoxidil

Inhibits collagen

Causes oxidative stress

Transforms type 3 collagen into type 1 collagen

Melts subcutaneous fat

There are tens of thousands of people on the internet reporting suffering skin aging, dark circles, crow's feet and i was one of them and my skin got affected before as well from minoxidil
How did you know it was from minoxidil? And it wasnt there before? Did your skin get better afterwards?

Theres various anecdotes online but no study concretely 100% state it inhibits collagen. And the original FDA and other various studies never mentioned skin aging as sides.

How did you know it was from minoxidil? And it wasnt there before?
Because i'm an autist who monitors his face closely everyday in the mirrors and pictures

Did your skin get better afterwards?
Yes it did

Theres various anecdotes online but no study concretely 100% state it inhibits collagen. And the original FDA and other various studies never mentioned skin aging as sides.
Dermatologists don't even know why minoxidil works nor can they give us a treatment that would let us keep our current hair without side effects, i would 100% trust thousands of people's experiences over what they say

• +1
Reactions: Salience, Schizoidcel and ProAcktiv
Because i'm an autist who monitors his face closely everyday in the mirrors and pictures

Yes it did

Dermatologists don't even know why minoxidil works nor can they give us a treatment that would let us keep our current hair without side effects, i would 100% trust thousands of people's experiences over what they say
Thousands of people also say fin causes major sides and causes pfs. But studies show only 2-4% experience reversible sides.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
Thousands of people also say fin causes major sides and causes pfs. But studies show only 2-4% experience reversible sides.
Well tens of millions use finasteride so thousands would be even less than 2%

So basically what you’re saying is Finasteride is the best option if you want to maintain hairline.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
So basically what you’re saying is Finasteride is the best option if you want to maintain hairline.
Absolutely

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4014
I get bad side effects from all of them even when microdosing. Haven't tried RU yet but that would probably explode my heart as well, and I'm not willing to trannymaxx for hair.
Rope awaits me.

Last edited:
Fin has the worst side effects and isn't worth the risk, I cant speak on the others
Explain this. Quote from wikipedia "Occasional side effects of finasteride at a low dose of 1 mg per day (i.e. in 0.1% to 1% of those treated) [...] were reduced libido and erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction, reduced ejaculate volume)."

I get bad side effects from all of them even when microdosing. Haven't tried RU yet but that would probably explode my heart as well.
Rope awaits me.
How many mg were you taking? Have you tried to reduce the dosage?

Do you take it? If so what are your experiences with sexual functioning?
I take it and i tried dutasteride and could still jerk off sometimes up to 4 times a day if i wanted. At first your libido might decrease until your body gets used to it but then things will go back to normal and your body will adjust.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
I take it and i tried dutasteride and could still jerk off sometimes up to 4 times a day if i wanted. At first your libido might decrease until your body gets used to it but then things will go back to normal and your body will adjust.
Good to know, I heard somewhere that fin won’t help a receding hairline as much as it helps thinning and crown recession. I don’t have thinning or crown issues so want to know if you’ve noticed an improvement with your hairline from it or not

Explain this. Quote from wikipedia "Occasional side effects of finasteride at a low dose of 1 mg per day (i.e. in 0.1% to 1% of those treated) [...] were reduced libido and erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction, reduced ejaculate volume)."
Post Finasteride Syndrome, which you can get permanently from even just 1 week of use.

So does minoxidil. Thousands of anecdotes, not really thousands, is small in comparison to others who didnt report it.

Good to know, I heard somewhere that fin won’t help a receding hairline as much as it helps thinning and crown recession. I don’t have thinning or crown issues so want to know if you’ve noticed an improvement with your hairline from it or not
I was on and off finasteride due to stupidity and my hair was always on a better shape overall on it. Even if it just maintained you can get a transplant and have a full head of hair for a decade or more

So does minoxidil. Thousands of anecdotes, not really thousands, is small in comparison to others who didnt report it.
The difference is that finasteride was originally used for prostate enlargement and the hair growth thing was a coincidental side effect. That's why finasteride's studies hold more merit than minoxidil's since they were done by scientists and doctors other than incompetent dermatologists

Post Finasteride Syndrome, which you can get permanently from even just 1 week of use.
"The actual existence of this syndrome is unclear because no high-quality study found a higher incidence of persistent sexual side effects compared to the placebo group. [1]"

Anyway, the risk is very low and the reward is very high in my opinion.

You can try botox scalp injections
IT lower tension on scalp that cause lack of bloodflow leasing to low nutrient transport to hair and low oxygene enviroment that dht prefers
In low oxygene t converts more into Dht than estradiol which cause hair folicle shrinking and in the end baldness

ITs like hair massage which Works but you have to do it a lot Luke 40 minutes a day

And botox is Like massage 24/7

I wil get this procedure in future

Been on 1mg fin everyday for almost 2 weeks had 0 side effects when should expect side effects? Still getting morning wood
I'm like 4-5 months into every other day 1mg still no side effects

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
"The actual existence of this syndrome is unclear because no high-quality study found a higher incidence of persistent sexual side effects compared to the placebo group. [1]"

Anyway, the risk is very low and the reward is very high in my opinion.
Well few people on this site alone have PFS, so the rarity cant be that tiny imo, there is a very real risk of catching this.

I'm like 4-5 months into every other day 1mg still no side effects
I will add in dut if still no sides after 2 months. The hairloss I have got fucking aggressive as hell past 5 months

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
I will add in dut if still no sides after 2 months. The hairloss I have got fucking aggressive as hell past 5 months
I'd rather do fin+ ru58841 than dut