Final Descision : Dentistry vs Computers Science

Which would you chose?

• Total voters
PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
Dentistry : own practice and own boss, 200k per year, mainly memorization in the degree

Dentist 3

Computer Science : either employee or startup founder, 50k-100k,math and logic heavy degree

Pair Programming 3

Just let a forum full of depressed NEET’s decide your important life decisions theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, 5'8manlet, hairyballscel and 31 others
Dentist sounds better but it would take longer to finish. Its long in the US, idk how long it would take in Europe.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Art School

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 6217, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 1 other person
Which would you prefer to do for the next 30 years of your life?

Something of note to consider: in a field like dentistry, everybody starts at the same playing field when it comes to knowledge whereas in computer science there will be people who have been programming for years before even entering university (and only 2-3 years into full time work will the playing field in terms of knowledge accrued be somewhat levelled).

• +1
Which would you prefer to do for the next 30 years of your life?

Something of note to consider: in a field like dentistry, everybody starts at the same playing field when it comes to knowledge whereas in computer science there will be people who have been programming for years before even entering university (and only 2-3 years into full time work will the playing field in terms of knowledge accrued be somewhat levelled).
Computer Science is in more demand by employers as I recall+Its more flexible. You can also work from home. Decent job for a Incel.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and sytyl
a lot of girls in dentistry

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Kmscurry, PubertyMaxxer, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 2 others
both are shit wageslave jobs

• +1
Reactions: ( ( ( d[-_-]b ) ) ) and Patient A
I’m doing dentistry — Max fac. Isn’t your mom a dentist. I think you’ll look back and be happy if you choose something you look forward to doing every waking moment. 40 hours a week for the rest of your life, pick something you can be passionate about.

Dentistry, cognitively a lot more chill probably, higher paying, higher status, more interesting etc

• +1
I’m doing dentistry — Max fac. Isn’t your mom a dentist. I think you’ll look back and be happy if you choose something you look forward to doing every waking moment. 40 hours a week for the rest of your life, pick something you can be passionate about.
how can you be happy when every other consultation is some blackpilled autist asking you for bimax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8486, PubertyMaxxer and Administrator
Medicine mogs dentistry to Saturn and back

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
if you become a dentist and perform the standard procedures like braces etc, after being here on looksmax, then what the fuck are you doing?? Imagine knowing fucking up some kids future by giving him braces just because you make money off of it...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862, TheEndHasNoEnd and Stare
The answer is literally never computer science
What’s wrong with you that you had to ask this

• JFL
Depends on what you are good at.

All I’m saying from looking at my unis compsci department it’s 90% incel dudes and 10% “””females””” (probably trannies)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sytyl and Subhuman trash
if you become a dentist and perform the standard procedures like braces etc, after being here on looksmax, then what the fuck are you doing?? Imagine knowing fucking up some kids future by giving him braces just because you make money off of it...

That's the point

Less competition

• JFL
Medicine mogs dentistry to Saturn and back
No, with medicine you either have to be employed in a busy hospital or you have to be a extremely skilled plastic/orthopedic surgeon

No, with medicine you either have to be employed in a busy hospital or you have to be a extremely skilled plastic/orthopedic surgeon
Not at all, you are very very wrong.
With medicine you can easily get some 12 or 24 hour shifts as soon as you graduate with no skills and make mad amounts of money if you are ok with working a lot. If you work 100h/week doing 24 hour shifts you can easily buy an apartment and a car in one year, no other career offer that amount of money to recent-graduateds. If you don't wanna work a lot you can still make good amount of money and have a lot of free time.
Then if you don't like hospitals you can specialize in things that don't require you to be in a hospital, there are many of those, the range of medical specializations is huge.

What do you expect from dentistry? After graduating a dentist will have a hard time trying to find a job due to over saturated market and when they do they will be working 10h/day while making 30% of what a physician would make. The average dentist work like hell and doesn't make enough money to have a luxury life.

Plus medicine has more prestige, specially with foids.

Last edited:
  • +1
I majored in CS, unless you are autist level enthusiastic about programming, don't take it. In my office, engineers and data scientists look miserable compared to the project managers/ operations team (business majors). We command slightly higher pay though, like 20% more.

• +1
Computer science is full of nerd pencil neck left leaning risk aversesheltered twinks, its an incel infested major to take, just go dentistmax tbh, if you go computer science it is MANDATORY to Roidmax so the cucks dont suck you in their nerdy sexless lifestyle

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
As a dentist you're gonna spend hours each day, close to rotten, bad smelling open mouths - good luck with that!

• +1
Computer science is full of nerd pencil neck left leaning risk aversesheltered twinks, its an incel infested major to take, just go dentistmax tbh, if you go computer science it is MANDATORY to Roidmax so the cucks dont suck you in their nerdy sexless lifestyle
I majored in CS, unless you are autist level enthusiastic about programming, don't take it. In my office, engineers and data scientists look miserable compared to the project managers/ operations team (business majors). We command slightly higher pay though, like 20% more.
I dont care if there are only inels in the university

The only thing that matters is high Future Salary Growth and Ability to become a entrepreneur or atleast self-employed

As a dentist you're gonna spend hours each day, close to rotten, bad smelling open mouths - good luck with that!
Masks and gloves

Masks and gloves
I doubt face masks block smells.
Also gloves can hinder your dexterity, the best dentists I went to, didn't use gloves, they worked very fast and good.

Dentistry : own practice and own boss, 200k per year, mainly memorization in the degree

View attachment 728622

Computer Science : either employee or startup founder, 50k-100k,math and logic heavy degree

View attachment 728623

If given those two options, I'd go for dentistry. It's really soul sucking to be working for someone else and by then, you'll want to get out. As a dentist, you have a chance to open your own practice. Also, people don't mind trying out new dentists. As a comp sci, you can try to open your own firm but the kind of money you'll be looking at is actually a lot smaller than what most people think. Everyone wants free apps and free software. Lots of YouTube videos of comp sci people not making a whole lot of money. For every amazing sounding startup firm that pops up on everyone's radar, there's thousands of failed firms that don't even get off the ground. But dentists rely on insurance payments. So people don't mind switching around cause it's not their money.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer