FINALLY GOT RETIN A, QUESTIONS THO

malignant

malignant

finally i figured out where i can buy the shit with paypal, i bought 2 tubes of .025
how often should i apply it starting out, and when can i up the frequency of application?
i also use vit c serum so i assume i should be using that in the morning, retin-a at nights

• +1
Reactions: UltimateMan, StuffedFrog and PYT
finally i figured out where i can buy the shit with paypal, i bought 2 tubes of .025
how often should i apply it starting out, and when can i up the frequency of application?
i also use vit c serum so i assume i should be using that in the morning, retin-a at nights
no clue bumping your thread. hope your skin becomes model tier 😚

• Love it
Reactions: Rasputin and malignant
Am : cleanser , dry with towel , vitamin C , moisturizer
Pm : cleanser , dry with towel , Retin A , WAIT 20 mins , moisturizer
Use it like this for results boyo

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Deleted member 9391, Good_Little_Goy and 6 others
so im good with starting out with daily applications?
and if i get irritation just reduce frequency and work my way up

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23
Also u need to put sunscreen after retin A if u wana go outside . Sunscreen also goes on last after moisturizer

• +1
Reactions: malignant
Jfl in my country you can buy retin-a in any pharmacy without any prescription

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Rasputin and malignant
U shouldn’t have any issues with daily starting out it’s not that bad at 0.025 percent

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and malignant
I would start out using twice a week, especially at that percentage. Use at night. Yes, vitamin C in morning. After a couple weeks bump to three times a night. Do that for 2-3 weeks. So basically up every several weeks.

I would not do daily right away, as it's likely to irritate you quite a bit. .01 irritated my skin when I tried doing daily without working up to it. Feel free to try though.

• +1
Reactions: malignant and NVRH
I use three times for weeks tbh

• +1
I would start out using twice a week, especially at that percentage. Use at night. Yes, vitamin C in morning. After a couple weeks bump to three times a night. Do that for 2-3 weeks. So basically up every several weeks.

I would not do daily right away, as it's likely to irritate you quite a bit. .01 irritated my skin when I tried doing daily without working up to it. Feel free to try though.

I second this.

+ go heavy on moisturizer + don't hesitate to buffer retinol with moisturizer if your skin is irritated.
You might think it would reduce the effect, maybe, maybe not... But you'll be able to apply more often without irritation => getting more tret on face in the long run.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin and malignant
I second this.

+ go heavy on moisturizer + don't hesitate to buffer retinol with moisturizer if your skin is irritated.
You might think it would reduce the effect, maybe, maybe not... But you'll be able to apply more often without irritation => getting more tret on face in the long run.
ok thx i think i will start out every other day then, and reduce frequency if i get irritation

ok thx i think i will start out every other day then, and reduce frequency if i get irritation

Oh and sunscreen is mandatory with Retin A

Even if you stay indoor, windows don't stop UVA rays, clouds neither.

So you gotta buy some SPF 50 PA ++++ sunscreen and stick with it for the rest of your life. I guess efficient and cosmetically elegant sunscreens are tricky to buy in US so I advise you to buy Korean sunscreens ; they're the best imo.
+ You need to keep using sunscreen at least 2 weeks (need to check that) after you stopped Retin A.

• +1
Reactions: crazyfishy and malignant

So you gotta buy some SPF 50 PA ++++ sunscreen and stick with it for the rest of your life. I guess efficient and cosmetically elegant sunscreens are tricky to buy in US so I advise you to buy Korean sunscreens ; they're the best imo.
+ You need to keep using sunscreen at least 2 weeks (need to check that) after you stopped Retin A.
ok thanks for the help bhai

• +1
Reactions: NVRH
This but after you pat dry your face, you need to wait 20 minutes before and then apply the tretinoin. But don't use just any moisturizer after applying the tretinoin. Use an occlusive product to prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL). You need a "sleeping pack" product such as Soonjung 5-Panthensoside Cica Sleeping Pack or just use vaseline.

• +1
This but after you pat dry your face, you need to wait 20 minutes before and then apply the tretinoin. But don't use just any moisturizer after applying the tretinoin. Use an occlusive product to prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL). You need a "sleeping pack" product such as Soonjung 5-Panthensoside Cica Sleeping Pack or just use vaseline.
opinions on infadolan? astrosky recommended it for that purpose in his skin care guide https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/C...Infadolan (vit. A and D ointment), 30 g tube/

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23
Cope jfl just use cerave . It has most of the things u listed . It’s the best drug store moisturizer on the market and dermatologist swear by it .

• +1
opinions on infadolan? astrosky recommended it for that purpose in his skin care guide https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/Creams, vitamins, serums, masks/Infadolan (vit. A and D ointment), 30 g tube/
Infadolan contains lanolin which is a good occlusive, but vaseline prevents 98% TEWL.

Cope jfl just use cerave . It has most of the things u listed . It’s the best drug store moisturizer on the market and dermatologist swear by it .
Yes, Cerave contains petrolatum but it's a very low percentage. Vaseline mogs because it's 100% petrolatum.

• +1
Reactions: NVRH and malignant
Infadolan contains lanolin which is a good occlusive, but vaseline prevents 98% TEWL.

Yes, Cerave contains petrolatum but it's a very low percentage. Vaseline mogs because it's 100% petrolatum.
i already have cerave but am prone to dry skin
youre saying vaseline would act as a sealer and help with this? ill prolly buy it then

it irritated my under eye area so much but now im back using it avoiding the area

i already have cerave but am prone to dry skin
youre saying vaseline would act as a sealer and help with this? ill prolly buy it then
Yea, vaseline will do a better job especially since your dry skin will get severely worse. I also recommend you find a moisturizer proven to repair skin barrier function such as Stratia Liquid Gold.

• +1
which site you used?

add sunscreen to AM too or you're fucked

• +1
Should have started with 0.05% . 0.025% will give you a lot of acne and works really slow .

• +1
I wouldn't add any actives immediately after starting a routine with retinoids. Wait at least 2 months for your skin to adapt before adding Vit C, which should be put on in the AM.

Keep it really simple to start with:
Cleanser --> Wait 30min --> Apply Retin - A --> Moisturiser

• +1
How long is the purge on retin-a

Is sunscreen mandatory even if you use the retin-a before bed and wash your face the next morning?

SHOW BEFORE AND AFTER AND WHERE DID U BUY HU?H

you seem to know a shit fuck ton about skincare products, could you develop a regimen that doesn't involve 10 thousand products, Like the 5 most important face products to have. My current regimen is as follows
A.M.
-Cleanser
-Moisturizer
-Sunscreen
P.M.
Cleanser
Tretinoin
Moisturizer

would it not make sense to put retin A over night instead of putting moisturizer last? could anyone elaborate on this lol

update?

• +1
it came in, one of the fucking tubes was practically liquid tho
ive been using the other one for 2 days so obv no changes yet
i just use it daily at night

Does anyone have any favorite brand of korean sunscreen?

Does anyone have any favorite brand of korean sunscreen?

Purito centella green level unscented sun spf 50 for daily use.

For heavy duty days (like going outdoor, beach etc) I recommend something sweat / water resistant like Laroche Posay Shaka Fluid.
Note that I'm french so the ingredients list may vary for LRP products.

Otherwise just go on reddit, they have tons of sunscreens lists with heavy duty ones and cosmetically elegant others.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9511
it came in, one of the fucking tubes was practically liquid tho
ive been using the other one for 2 days so obv no changes yet
i just use it daily at night
Where did you buy it