Finasteride raised my testosterone

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
I was at the very low end of the reference range (270), and a doctor even wanted to give me trt. Also constantly high prlolactin.
I did not take the trt (was scared) and instead startet with 1mg finasteride 1 year ago.
Now my total t came up from 270 to 530.
I still dont really feel better, and my pumps/agression at the gym is very weak. I also feel tired and sick after workout. Very bad regeneration.
Problem is that my doctor will not give me trt anymore, because my t levels are now in normal range.
Is it possible that my androgen receptors are fried by being low t for a while? Could trt still be worth it for me?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wombleboy12, Deleted member 9670, RichardSpencel and 2 others
i didn't tested but i'm pretty sure made my test go up too.
i'm working out for 6 days PPL so i don't think my test would be that low but i'm feeling stronger than ever. actually my hair was thinning on fin at first, that's also another sign of higher test hair loss too. so yeah it's a common side effect i guess.

2 years ago i was lethargic, high e&low t and started working out. my main advice push yourself to the limit, your natural test will be a lot higher than this after 6-8 months of consistent working out.

• Woah
Reactions: onnysk
Finasteride is the best drug ever hands down

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wombleboy12, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 14528 and 7 others
Fin raises t and lowers dht by 70%, which is terrible if your in puberty.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 14274 and BrownBoy
Dutasteride may be even better, I am trying to get a prescription for it right now.
No lol, there's a very good chance you'll get mental sides with it. It blocks 5AR type 2 as well as 1. You only need to block 5ar type 2 to control hairloss. 5ar type 1 is used to produce neural steroids. That's one way to go retarded.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, LastHopeForNorman, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
No lol, there's a very good chance you'll get mental sides with it. It blocks 5AR type 2 as well as 1. You only need to block 5ar type 2 to control hairloss. 5ar type 1 is used to produce neural steroids. That's one way to go retarded.
This. Fin mogs Dut.

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop and SOS-Sonic
I was at the very low end of the reference range (270),
Cage,fin increases total T ,yes but it it doesn't increase Free T,

Also raises prolactin

I suggest 10k vitamin D + sun every 2-days.

I got mine up from 570-770 with just Mt2 and 20 mins sun every other day last year

Fin raises t and lowers dht by 70%, which is terrible if your in puberty.
Seriously, don't take it if your still in puberty or until your 25. Clavicles don't fuse until very late, and missing out on overall much better bones. DHT not only binds to androgen receptors much more effectively than T, it keeps your plates open much longer as it can't concert to E and even antagonizes E. A much greater height, much greater frame, much more androgenic facial bones is not worth your hair.

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
This. Fin mogs Dut.
Still want to experiment with it haha. Plenty of people use dutasteride in Korea and Japan for AGA. And there are people who have mutations that makes the type I 5AR defective, yet there is no evidence that they have lower IQs it seems. If I get side I will stop, but I really want to try it because I'm extremely sensitive to DHT, it causes pretty bad acne and balding for me and my relatives.

Still want to experiment with it haha. Plenty of people use dutasteride in Korea and Japan for AGA. And there are people who have mutations that makes the type I 5AR defective, yet there is no evidence that they have lower IQs it seems. If I get side I will stop, but I really want to try it because I'm extremely sensitive to DHT, it causes pretty bad acne and balding for me and my relatives.
I thought fin was prescribed at lower than 1 mg in Korea for MPB?

I thought fin was prescribed at lower than 1 mg in Korea for MPB?
After clinical trials, it has been officially approve in Korea for androgenic alopecia in 2009, and 2015 in Japan.

After clinical trials, it has been officially approve in Korea for androgenic alopecia in 2009, and 2015 in Japan.

Finasteride is the best drug ever.

• Love it
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Finasteride is the best drug ever.
I am blocking the type I 5AR since my acne is so bad, even tretinoin isn't working. Not to mention I started balding at 16, I was fated to be on the REAL big 3 one day:
  1. Dutasteride
  2. RU58841
  3. Minox + microneedling + tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274