First genio then bimax?

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Writer
Due to money, time, and other circumstances like having to reverse braces I was curious as to wether or not I could get genioplasty now to increase my looks during uni, then eventually get bimax and adjust everything else for an even more ideal face later on in life.

• +1
Reactions: Acne Victim and Deleted member 24002
If you really want to have an improvement for your looks while in uni get the genio before the bimax.
Is also has a quick recovery time and it's easier to plan than a trimax has. This leaves you with more time for uni + a looks improvement.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22529, 5.5psl and HarrierDuBois
If you really want to have an improvement for your looks while in uni get the genio before the bimax.
Is also has a quick recovery time and it's easier to plan than a trimax has. This leaves you with more time for uni + a looks improvement.
What if your jaw is crooked? Should someone wait to get trimax instead of genio first? My chin curves to the left and I feel genio would make that more pronounced whereas it could be fixed completely with trimax.

What if your jaw is crooked? Should someone wait to get trimax instead of genio first? My chin curves to the left and I feel genio would make that more pronounced whereas it could be fixed completely with trimax.
Then I'd advise you to not do it. You could mess up the genio planning if you don't account for the post-bimax movements in the genio advancement.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and bignosesmallchin
Yeah this is most realistic both economically and looking at the timeframe.

You need to already account for the bimax in the genio though.
Yes I will speak with him about this, also you could do a large genio when doing only genio then during the bimax adjust the genio slightly smaller and make it balanced.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
Yes I will speak with him about this, also you could do a large genio when doing only genio then during the bimax adjust the genio slightly smaller and make it balanced.
Let me know if you do this, i was going to but it feels retarded for some reasons:

1) It might be more expensive than getting bimax and genio at same time
2) You could just get filler in chin and then use the money for bimax + genio in the future
3) You need to plan the genio with the bimax in mind.
4) You will have to get an additional surgery

Let me know if you do this, i was going to but it feels retarded for some reasons:

1) It might be more expensive than getting bimax and genio at same time
2) You could just get filler in chin and then use the money for bimax + genio in the future
3) You need to plan the genio with the bimax in mind.
4) You will have to get an additional surgery
Thing is, I must decompress bite (reverse braces) in order to get bimax, but genio I can get now.

Thing is, I must decompress bite (reverse braces) in order to get bimax, but genio I can get now.
Wouldn't you need to get it re-done though as it will have to be adjusted for post-bimax?

Why don't you just get filler for now?

Bumo old thread cos I'm researching
Did you end up getting anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back