Flat nose = Flat Upper maxilla?

D

Deleted member 6128

Pruhtty Women 🫶
Is this true? Also how can you tell if an upper maxilla is flat what’s the real indicator?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 9344
no? the nose lies on the lower maxilla and thats why when people get lefort1 their noses become more upturned

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and Deleted member 6128
I am not entirely sure if this is true, but I know this rings true for Asian's. They mostly all have flat noses and very flat upper maxilla's.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9586, thecel and 1 other person
giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: thecel
no? the nose lies on the lower maxilla and thats why when people get lefort1 their noses become more upturned
My nigga that’s the flesh the actual Nose bone lies in the upper maxilla

• Hmm...
Reactions: JustBeCurry
nose is mostly genetic tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344 and Deleted member 5969
Is this true? Also how can you tell if an upper maxilla is flat what’s the real indicator?
Flat nose as in noses similar to the typical African or Asian? In that case in comes down to the nasal bones, frontal process of the maxilla, nasal silling/guttering, and the anterior nasal spine.

As you can see in asians and africans the entire nasal aperture including the nasal bones are lower and lacking projection. The frontal process of the maxilla is likely less developed and they have nasal guttering as opposed to nasal silling. The anterior nasal spine is also barely visible/existent unlike in whites where the anterior nasal spine is more prominent.
Also this is just bony factors not cartilaginous or skin related factors.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, AscendingHero, Gestapo and 4 others
hairline reduction + transplant?

or just transplant?
My hairline just needs to be more narrow on the temples to be like his not sure if they could do that via reduction or would have to do transplant b

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5467
No. flat nose is due to your phenotype. Most Sub-Saharan Africans (excluding most East Africans) have flat noses due to their noses evolving in humid climate. West/Central & most African-Americans tend to have flat noses, but overgrowth of maxilla bone (maxillary protrusion), which gives the illusion of extreme forward growth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9586, Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 3043
I am not entirely sure if this is true, but I know this rings true for Asian's. They mostly all have flat noses and very flat upper maxilla's.
False. Asians tend to have projected upper maxillas BUT flat noses. Flat noses and flat upper maxilla is mostly an african trait. but ofcourse, everyone is different and it depends from person to person

False. Asians tend to have projected upper maxillas BUT flat noses. Flat noses and flat upper maxilla is mostly an african trait. but ofcourse, everyone is different and it depends from person to person
Lol
Ur so wrong

As you can see in asians and africans the entire nasal aperture including the nasal bones are lower and lacking projection. The frontal process of the maxilla is likely less developed and they have nasal guttering as opposed to nasal silling. The anterior nasal spine is also barely visible/existent unlike in whites where the anterior nasal spine is more prominent.
What causes the anterior nasal spine and nasal bones to be projected? is it maxillary projection, height? what is it bro?

Also high iq post, bookmarked

• +1
Flat nose as in noses similar to the typical African or Asian? In that case in comes down to the nasal bones, frontal process of the maxilla, nasal silling/guttering, and the anterior nasal spine.
View attachment 848377

• +1
View attachment 848377
what would be the fix for this bro? entirely recessed nasal spines and frontal process of maxila?

@Kingkellz

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
The only possible 'fixes' I can see for a recessed ANS would be columella strut graft or filler. These would be bandaid techniques that would camouflage the acuteness of the nasolabial angle by adding more volume to the columella.

Although I always thought the step-off created by the maxilla incision right above the nasal spine for lefort I would force the soft tissue to move forward, along with the more forward repositioning of the maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
Forgot to mention, caudal septal extension grafts could probably also help create this more obtuse nasolabial angle and a curved transition from the columella into the philtrum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
The only possible 'fixes' I can see for a recessed ANS would be columella strut graft or filler. These would be bandaid techniques that would camouflage the acuteness of the nasolabial angle by adding more volume to the columella.

Although I always thought the step-off created by the maxilla incision right above the nasal spine for lefort I would force the soft tissue to move forward, along with the more forward repositioning of the maxilla?
bro can you provide some pics i got a retracted columella (columella position higher than alar base)that makes the philtrum long as shit coupled with an acute nasolabial angle.What should i discuss with the surgeon?

IMG 20230615 170851