Back
r/NYCbitcheswithtaste icon
Go to NYCbitcheswithtaste
r/NYCbitcheswithtaste•4 mo. ago
puggles323

How are people feeling about the dating apps / NYC dating generally?​

Dating

Ladies,
So glad I found this community - so much useful info! I wanted a pulse check on how people are doing on dating apps and dating in the city because I am down BAD. I am 33, I've been single for a little over 2 years and I really put myself out there but the scene has made my confidence NOSEDIVE.
Let's start with the apps: are they extremely dry for anyone else? I get LOTS of matches but minimal engagement. On Hinge, men rarely message me first (even if they liked me first???) and will seldom respond when I initiate the convo. On bumble, my response rate is about 10% and then they stop responding after one message. And then there is the whole issue of seeing the same men on these apps, over and over and over. Idk if it's a design flaw but how is it that I have a 12 year age range, a 6 mile radius and very few dealbreakers and I keep seeing the same chads??? I'm a conventionally attractive female, I have good pics ... I just don't understand
Then the dates themselves: maybe it's just me, but the guys here are a different beast. I feel like regardless of age, so many NYC men just view women and dating in the city as experiential. They seem to treat dating as getting to access a buffet of different kinds of women (race, age, profession, etc.), making it all a very gamified experience for them instead of treating women like humans?? I've also found so many of them just get really handsy and sexually overt on the first date and I leave the encounters feeling kind of icky. And don't get me started on the ghosting, the dating 4 girls at once, etc.
I'd love to hear if people are having similar troubles or if I'M the issue. I really love the city and want to believe there are good men here and that it's possible to find love - I don't wanna move out of state to meet a man!!

r/NYCbitcheswithtaste icon
Go to NYCbitcheswithtaste

r/NYCbitcheswithtaste•4 mo. ago
Fit_Pool_8622

How to I tell my friend her dating standards are too high?​

Dating

Title says it all i guess... I'm in my late 30s and married and I have a very close friend who has been on the singles scene for years ( got out of a terrible long term relationship 3 years ago) and desparately wants to meet her person and get married and have kids ASAP. I have no friends i can set her up with ( and neither does my husband) so she's stuck pretty much playing the app game and most of our wider circle is also married and in the same boat, but from my observation some of the issue is that she exclusively swipes right on these conventionally attractive like "shirt off at the beach with all their bros" guys who claim to have finance jobs etc... you know the type of guy who is probably still single in his 30s because everyone wants to date him so why should he settle down, is a fuckboy etc. She also dosen't live in the city proper (NJ) so the pool of guys is already low and therefore very competitive in its own way... how do i tell her (kindly) that I think she needs to focus on finding her Harry Goldblatt and stop wasting her time on guys that are 1. fuckboys 2. probably only going to settle down for a 10 years younger, very conventionally thin and pretty girl they meet in the city? i'm not saying she should settle for a bad person, someone financially unstable or who treats her badly etc, but just that she keeps striking out trying to compete at the "ultra hot guy" level and she should try a different population pool? I want her to be happy and find her person, but i also can't deal with the endless complaining when suprise! another chad ghosts her after 3 DMs.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nathan and hattrick
comments are cagefuel

• +1
Reactions: nathan
It is kinda brutal for women there. High concentration of thin white girls and the guys are short and fugly

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: nathan, Kanye West's Cousin and Xangsane
It is kinda brutal for women there. High concentration of thin white girls and the guys are short and fugly
and the foids say "no man wants commitment in NYC"

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane, forevergymcelling, Costcosuperstore and 1 other person
dnr kill all foids

• So Sad
In the comments
"Hi validating you! I’ve had the same experience. As a great catch 32 yo"
you are not a catch you stupid bitch

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling, Costcosuperstore, nathan and 2 others
I used text to speech to listen to this

I used text to speech to listen to this

woman are scum

• JFL
Reactions: nathan and sickdawgie
More "Women over 30" victim mentality talking points.

Dating is not hard for women. The only thing you need to do as a woman, is to basically create a profile on social media or a dating site, and within the next 24 hours, there will be many DMs and likes (regardless of you looks, because most men are ready to sleep with quite literally anything). You don't even need to try if you are a woman.

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling, Costcosuperstore, hattrick and 1 other person
Also, pls don't post "women over 30" content, it's demoralizing and depressing as fuck.

• +1
Reactions: Numb

Dating is not hard for women. The only thing you need to do as a woman, is to basically create a profile on social media or a dating site, and within the next 24 hours, there will be many DMs and likes (regardless of you looks, because most men are ready to sleep with quite literally anything). You don't even need to try if you are a woman.
they say the ugly guys ghost them too

they say the ugly guys ghost them too
Well, if even the Ugly guys ghost them, these women's looks must be truly subhuman. Average and ugly women can get a date on dating apps, it's very easy. If a woman can't, there must be something very wrong with her looks.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane and Costcosuperstore
Well, if even the Ugly guys ghost them, these women's looks must be truly subhuman. Average and ugly women can get a date on dating apps, it's very easy. If a woman can't, there must be something very wrong with her looks.
Nah they say they looksmax

the few chads probably live a life of never ending abundance
NYC was fucking insane when I visited

My quickest slay ever was in a college bar there, left within 5 mins of entering

I was going out solo too and I had girls asking me to come to bars with them on the street. Tinder was great, had plenty of matches to choose from

Ideal location for slaying as a GL male

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
the few chads probably live a life of never ending abundance
y

My quickest slay ever was in a college bar there, left within 5 mins of entering

I was going out solo too and I had girls asking me to come to bars with them on the street. Tinder was great, had plenty of matches to choose from

soo they just want GL men

Why can't these whores understand that high value men don't want women with high body counts. It really is that simple

Lmao at them listing their achievements, salaries, status, intelligence, hobbies ect none of that means shit when you have a high body count. It's automatic disqualification

• +1
Reactions: AutisticGymcel

it's a bit hard for the daygame crap I do because of logistics, but I'm sure online is great

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling
Why can't these whores understand that high value men don't want women with high body counts. It really is that simple

Lmao at them listing their achievements, salaries, status, intelligence, hobbies ect none of that means shit when you have a high body count. It's automatic disqualification
even virgin/low BC women complain.

it's a bit hard for the daygame crap I do because of logistics, but I'm sure online is great
Tbh I don't know about how good day game is, I didn't really see many GL women out on the streets either

I was mostly running bar game and approaching on the street at night

Tbh I don't know about how good day game is, I didn't really see many GL women out on the streets either

that's why my MTN friend is stacysexual
Cause they're ugly
knew 2 virgin foids who ended up in LTRs with chads (one Muslim, one asian but both half white)

There are neighborhoods where there's tons of hot girls during the day, but I didn't have a place nearby and it's super crowded

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling

High body count = desensitization. It's proven the higher the body count is, the higher the chance if cheating is. Over 10, the chance is about 100%.

High-value men tend to be stable and we'll oriented in life and want a stable relationship. That's why high-value men usually avoid women with a high body count or just date them for sex and don't take them seriously.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and forevergymcelling
High body count = desensitization. It's proven the higher the body count is, the higher the chance if cheating is. Over 10, the chance is about 100%.

High-value men tend to be stable and we'll oriented in life and want a stable relationship. That's why high-value men usually avoid women with a high body count or just date them for sex and don't take them seriously.
that's why my MTN friend is stacysexual

knew 2 virgin foids who ended up in LTRs with chads (one Muslim, one asian but both half white)
surprised?