For gymmaxers how do you train?

Littleboy

Littleboy

Gold
Do you use a phone fitness app? Do you have a written down schedule? Do you have a set exercise you have for various different parts of the body? Do you measure by time there or sets? Much appreciated.

• JFL
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit and RichardSpencel
I would recommend 45 min workouts with supersets with pretty small rest. If you train for strenght you will need a watch or a chrono, the phone will disturb you and you need focus for gainz.
And now answering questions:
-Look info in Athlean X yiutube channel also in Body building.com.
-I dont follow programmes cuz I work on a gym as a trainer so I had to adapt my training everytime I train. So I recommend begginer workout or a schedule of your gym trainer.
- I like working IsolAting cuz I workout Gymnastics before gym training. Good for seeing specific gainz but if you re a begginer go on full body sets and exercises.
-Time depends on the exercises and reps "the more the reps the less the rest".
Ex: 1-5 reps longer rest between 2-5 min
6-12 reps 1-2 min
12+ 30 seg - 1 min

Last edited:
Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

1. Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3×5
  2. Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3×8-10
  3. Incline Dumbell Bench Press: 3×8-10
  4. Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 5×12-15
  5. V-Bar Pushdowns : 4×10-12 (Last 2 sets to failure)
  6. Overhead Triceps Extension: 3×10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

1. Barbell Rows: 3×5 (or Deadlifts 3×5)
  2. Lat Pulldowns : 3×8-10
  3. Seated Rows: 3×8-10
  4. Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
  5. Shrugs(Smith Machine): 3×10-12 (Last set to failure)
  6. Barbell Bicep Curls: 4x-10-12
  7. Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Bayesian Curls): 3×10-12 (Last set to failure)

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

1. Barbell Squats: 4×5
  2. Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3×8-10
  3. Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3×10-12
  4. Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3×10-12
  5. Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5×10-12

• You add 2.5 kg (1.25 to either side) to the bar for the first exercise of each workout. (Linear Progression)
  • You go up to the bigger weight once you reach the upper rep limit in every set for the other exercises. (Double Progression)
  • This routine is ideally a 6 day routine to be run as PPLRPPL or PPLPPLR. However you can do it as you wish with at least a minimum of 3 workouts per week such as PPL. You can do PPLP first week then you can do PLPP the second. 6 workouts are advised for maximum gains and 2x frequency per body part.
  • This routine is sufficient in volume but you can increase the number of sets overtime instead of increasing the instensity however this requires serious expertise on the subject. Do as written if a beginner.

• +1
Reactions: Littleboy and Deleted member 3593
Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

1. Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3×5
  2. Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3×8-10
  3. Incline Dumbell Bench Press: 3×8-10
  4. Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 5×12-15
  5. V-Bar Pushdowns : 4×10-12 (Last 2 sets to failure)
  6. Overhead Triceps Extension: 3×10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

1. Barbell Rows: 3×5 (or Deadlifts 3×5)
  2. Lat Pulldowns : 3×8-10
  3. Seated Rows: 3×8-10
  4. Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
  5. Shrugs(Smith Machine): 3×10-12 (Last set to failure)
  6. Barbell Bicep Curls: 4x-10-12
  7. Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Bayesian Curls): 3×10-12 (Last set to failure)

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

1. Barbell Squats: 4×5
  2. Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3×8-10
  3. Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3×10-12
  4. Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3×10-12
  5. Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5×10-12

• You add 2.5 kg (1.25 to either side) to the bar for the first exercise of each workout. (Linear Progression)
  • You go up to the bigger weight once you reach the upper rep limit in every set for the other exercises. (Double Progression)
  • This routine is ideally a 6 day routine to be run as PPLRPPL or PPLPPLR. However you can do it as you wish with at least a minimum of 3 workouts per week such as PPL. You can do PPLP first week then you can do PLPP the second. 6 workouts are advised for maximum gains and 2x frequency per body part.
  • This routine is sufficient in volume but you can increase the number of sets overtime instead of increasing the instensity however this requires serious expertise on the subject. Do as written if a beginner.
That's pretty much the exact same thing i do except for some few tweaks and added exercises. That routine looks really similar to Coolcicada's PPL one.

10x10 on 2 compounds +2 5x10 or 3x10 of isolation movements.

4 times a week (soon 5)

Do you use a phone fitness app? Do you have a written down schedule? Do you have a set exercise you have for various different parts of the body? Do you measure by time there or sets? Much appreciated.
depends on your body type. If skinny bench press is insanely good. low reps works better. If obese, its more about the diet

Very useful. Thanks.

Now for Machines vs Free Weights? Also do you use any bodybuilding forum/pod casts/videos etc?

That's pretty much the exact same thing i do except for some few tweaks and added exercises. That routine looks really similar to Coolcicada's PPL one.
yeah i tweaked that lmao after falling for the powerlifting meme im back in sikkunt mode

• +1
Reactions: 54UD4D3
4 day upper lower basically conjugate method

I pick up heavy weights and put them back down