for those who believe in God, what do you think he intended for the human lifespan to be?

bellojiafra

bellojiafra

Iron
because in the middle ages, everyone was getting married young and dying at 30, now we have kids late in life or not at all and then we spend a really long time as elderly people with no real purpose or contribution. do you think he wants us to live to 30 and modern medicine just went too far?

bump also this place needs a philosophy section lol

I'm agnostic, but it probably would be indifferent to him.

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Most weren't dying at 30, child mortality being so high brought the average lifespan down drastically

• +1
Reactions: Kazey, watah, TUSSELEIF and 2 others
Most weren't dying at 30, child mortality being so high brought the average lifespan down drastically
This. There’s a lot of evidence of indigenous hunter gatherers living into their 70s.

• +1
Reactions: Kazey, Meteor21 and bellojiafra
really? if you believe in God can i ask do you think that he is happy with technological advancements we've made or does he think we are estranged from God too much because most advanced countries like japan are atheists and some buddhists but they are also very lonely people do you think that is because they've strayed from God and therefore have no true meaning in life?

This. There’s a lot of evidence of indigenous hunter gatherers living into their 70s.
thats so cool all we hear about is how primal, plague ridden and unhygienic they are maybe we're the gross ones haha

really? if you believe in God can i ask do you think that he is happy with technological advancements we've made or does he think we are estranged from God too much because most advanced countries like japan are atheists and some buddhists but they are also very lonely people do you think that is because they've strayed from God and therefore have no true meaning in life?
Bible doesn't oppose it so it's fine I think

Bible doesn't oppose it so it's fine I think
sorry for all the questions but could i ask if u were born into christianity and if you were, do you think you would convert to christianity if u were born atheist or muslim instead

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21
sorry for all the questions but could i ask if u were born into christianity and if you were, do you think you would convert to christianity if u were born atheist or muslim instead
Raised Christian, more of a deist tbh

• +1
Reactions: bellojiafra
Raised Christian, more of a deist tbh
sorry if im being annoying, but do you think nothing happens when you die. and also, do you think this way bc the world seems Godless and heathenistic?

• +1
Reactions: Meteor21
sorry if im being annoying, but do you think nothing happens when you die. and also, do you think this way bc the world seems Godless and heathenistic?
I think there's an afterlife

• +1
Reactions: bellojiafra
a thousand, like in the old days of methuselah