Found the most secret efficient way to gym training

autistic_tendencies

autistic_tendencies

Charisma Charm and Personality
one set to failure

• JFL
Reactions: socialcel, asdvek, butterworld and 1 other person
It’s not really a secret.

Worked for me for a while but I still made better gains doing more volume.

• +1
Reactions: socialcel, asdvek, Danish_Retard and 2 others
isn't training to failure kinda bad for ur collagen n shit in the long run ?

Gymcel videos are idiotic, they always say the same

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and LegitUser
isn't training to failure kinda bad for ur collagen n shit in the long run ?
I wouldn’t say to failure but good hard 10-12 reps

• Hmm...
Reactions: <6PSLcel
My routines the same except I do two sets and I go 4-6x a week about 45 minutes per session. Training to failure is so satisfying everyone should do it tbh

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
stresses u like crazy
Only thing I could find on this was some junk about "built up fatigue" which can increase stress yea but that happens when you overtrain and it's not exclusive to just training to failure, it can happen even when doing a low intensity program. if you feel like you plateaued or are just aren't making progress then take a deload week tbh. otherwise theres no disadvantages from training til failure

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Turbo Racist
stresses u like crazy
+strength training does the opposite of that. it literally decreases your stress so training til failure probably boosts collagen production

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Turbo Racist
Only thing I could find on this was some junk about "built up fatigue" which can increase stress yea but that happens when you overtrain and it's not exclusive to just training to failure, it can happen even when doing a low intensity program. if you feel like you plateaued or are just aren't making progress then take a deload week tbh. otherwise theres no disadvantages from training til failure
stresses u like crazy

I finish all of/most of my sets 1-2 reps before failure because i have plateaued on all exercises, will this fuck my collagen?

• +1
Reactions: MilkMan87
I finish all of/most of my sets 1-2 reps before failure because i have plateaued on all exercises, will this fuck my collagen?
if you aren't progressively overloading in the gym there's something wrong with your recovery, check your diet/sleep otherwise take a deload week

My routines the same except I do two sets and I go 4-6x a week about 45 minutes per session. Training to failure is so satisfying everyone should do it tbh

You are probably 4 times smaller than him, so don't look up to him. Not insulting you, js saying. Dont look up to training styles of guys on roids if you're natural. They do different shit

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and butterworld
Go ahead and train in the gym for years only to get slightly wider shoulders, kek

• JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
You are probably 4 times smaller than him, so don't look up to him. Not insulting you, js saying. Dont look up to training styles of guys on roids if you're natural. They do different shit
Oh yeah lmfao I don’t workout like an old school bodybuilder too much volume for me. I train to failure for two sets and it’s honestly been good enough for me, and I do progressive overload by increasing the weight whenever I feel stronger.

• +1
Reactions: asdvek and ShawarmaFilth
Oh yeah lmfao I don’t workout like an old school bodybuilder too much volume for me. I train to failure for two sets and it’s honestly been good enough for me, and I do progressive overload by increasing the weight whenever I feel stronger.
Y not 3 sets

@Yahya why do most people not do 3 sets on irg

whenever I feel stronger.
doesnt sound good to me tbh
might be good for an expert who's been lifting long enough to know when he can add some nattyplates but for you i'd suggest tracking your progress so whenever you hit a 12 reps 0RIR you just look at your logbook and finally add some weight

• +1
Reactions: butterworld and autistic_tendencies
exactly what butter said

3 sets is optimal imo but if u dont have time and you work doing 2 will save you lots of time
The first two sets are warm up basically and you make most of your gains on last set anyways

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: butterworld