Full Updated Guide on facial bloating

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
As many of you know, I made this thread

About a year ago about my debloating experiences at the time. Since then I have learned a lot and would like to make an updated one.

Cause of bloating:
Water retention in the face is only caused by either excessive carbohydrate intake or excessive sodium intake. With carbohydrates, the body stores carbohydrates as glycogen and stores 3-4 grams of water with every gram of glycogen in the muscle tissue to be used quickly as a form of energy when necessary. Sodium water retention on the other hand, occurs when the body has too much sodium in its system to it stores water with it to stabilize it.

My findings on carbohydrate water retention:
I have found that as a general rule, carbohydrate water retention tends to be much easier to get rid of than sodium. Anecdotally, many people when trying to lose weight will avoid sugar, sugar is a carbohydrate and both sugar and high glycemic index foods are used up by the body almost instantly and are known to cause water retention. So try to avoid high glycemic index carbohydrates as well as sugar if you are looking to avoid water retention.

My findings on sodium water retention:
Many people have also found good results with increasing their potassium intake in order to utilize the potassium/sodium pump in the cell which is a 2/3rds potassium 1/3rd sodium mix in order to let the body get rid of salt. Personally I have not had good results with this, as I still get water retention regardless of potassium intake. But also it is very difficult to get potassium without eating excessive sugar (from foods like bananas) or lots of carbs (from russet potatoes for example) but this is me personally.

Best method to fight water retention:
For me personally the best method of staying lean was intermittent fasting only eating 2 meals a day, mainly protein based with small amounts of carbs, working out every day, avoiding salt and eating oranges every day for the potassium. To get lean quick I recommend fasting all day, taking caffiene all day long, and working out. This may be difficult because if you have been eating a trash carb heavy diet the day before you may get very hungry very fast since your body is used to loading up on high glycemic index foods. But you have to push through this.

Diuretics I have tried:
In order from most effective to least: bumex (heart disease medication), modafinil, caffiene, (the next few didn’t even fucking work) water pills, dandelion root extract, HTCZ.

My opinion: just blast caffiene all day long and don’t eat for a day to lose bloat then maintain it with intermittent fasting, a lower carb diet and watching your salt intake. This works greatly.

There’s really nothing else to include. Some people get fucked up from lack of sleep and stress both but that’s it.

48F3BB75 2D83 4074 A483 ADE7FA477D5B

A0BA92B1 C7A0 469F A3EB 835B7A91B1EF

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 32094, latino_, Mouthbreath and 18 others
sir yes sir to protect Israel and defend trans rights sir

private @Native reporting for duty sir

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and diggbicc
how's your acne situation brah

I feel like it really depends on individual, for me potassium supplements did the magic for me and I don't want to get rid of carbs, because then I feel like shit

good thread though

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, D.O. and pizza
good luck with results boyo

As many of you know, I made this thread

About a year ago about my debloating experiences at the time. Since then I have learned a lot and would like to make an updated one.

Cause of bloating:
Water retention in the face is only caused by either excessive carbohydrate intake or excessive sodium intake. With carbohydrates, the body stores carbohydrates as glycogen and stores 3-4 grams of water with every gram of glycogen in the muscle tissue to be used quickly as a form of energy when necessary. Sodium water retention on the other hand, occurs when the body has too much sodium in its system to it stores water with it to stabilize it.

My findings on carbohydrate water retention:
I have found that as a general rule, carbohydrate water retention tends to be much easier to get rid of than sodium. Anecdotally, many people when trying to lose weight will avoid sugar, sugar is a carbohydrate and both sugar and high glycemic index foods are used up by the body almost instantly and are known to cause water retention. So try to avoid high glycemic index carbohydrates as well as sugar if you are looking to avoid water retention.

My findings on sodium water retention:
Many people have also found good results with increasing their potassium intake in order to utilize the potassium/sodium pump in the cell which is a 2/3rds potassium 1/3rd sodium mix in order to let the body get rid of salt. Personally I have not had good results with this, as I still get water retention regardless of potassium intake. But also it is very difficult to get potassium without eating excessive sugar (from foods like bananas) or lots of carbs (from russet potatoes for example) but this is me personally.

Best method to fight water retention:
For me personally the best method of staying lean was intermittent fasting only eating 2 meals a day, mainly protein based with small amounts of carbs, working out every day, avoiding salt and eating oranges every day for the potassium. To get lean quick I recommend fasting all day, taking caffiene all day long, and working out. This may be difficult because if you have been eating a trash carb heavy diet the day before you may get very hungry very fast since your body is used to loading up on high glycemic index foods. But you have to push through this.

Diuretics I have tried:
In order from most effective to least: bumex (heart disease medication), modafinil, caffiene, (the next few didn’t even fucking work) water pills, dandelion root extract, HTCZ.

My opinion: just blast caffiene all day long and don’t eat for a day to lose bloat then maintain it with intermittent fasting, a lower carb diet and watching your salt intake. This works greatly.

There’s really nothing else to include. Some people get fucked up from lack of sleep and stress both but that’s it.

View attachment 1088814
View attachment 1088815
Did you fix your hair fall? Did stopping Accutane help?

• +1
Reactions: AnonyCel
Did you fix your hair fall? Did stopping Accutane help?
It’s still falling out I’ve been off accutane maybe 1.5 to almost 2 months now

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11963
you need bones btw for this to work, mogger tattoo btw

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Lars
Carbs arent the problem its foods that inflmmate you (dairy, gluten etc) find out what inflames u and eliminate it + cortisol bloats you

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
You should never avoid salt
It does not cause water retention at all. You need at least 10 grams of sodium per day
Processed carbs and little water intake are what causes water retention for the most part

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: karbo, Yerico7, BrickTop and 1 other person
I’m still using it but honestly I don’t really see a difference yet it’s been about a week and a half
looks fine though

You should never avoid salt
It does not cause water retention at all. You need at least 10 grams of sodium per day
Processed carbs and little water intake are what causes water retention for the most part
how bad is whole wheat spaghetti tbh.
i assume oats and chia seeds arent bad?

Bookmarked and read every word. Good Thread

how bad is whole wheat spaghetti tbh.
i assume oats and chia seeds arent bad?
Wheat isnt good
If you prepare oats and chia seeds right (soaking in acid like vinegar or sth else) then theyre fine and actually good. Otherwise they arent good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635
Wheat isnt good
If you pare oats and chia seeds right (soaking in acid like vinegar or sth else) then theyre fine and actually good. Otherwise they arent good
fr? whats bad about them?

fr? whats bad about them?
Preparing it makes it easy to digest, gets rid of antinutrients and makes nutrients more bioavailable.

Traditional cultures have always prepared grains and vegetables by soaking or cooking before eating. They never ate them raw.

Wheat isnt good
If you prepare oats and chia seeds right (soaking in acid like vinegar or sth else) then theyre fine and actually good. Otherwise they arent good
bassado fermented foods

holy shit you were so bloated you looked chinese

Do you recommend doing this on a person who is skinny? I'm skinny, but I retain a lot of fluids, my face is so puffy. Besides that I'm going to start a volume stage. I may do intermittent fasting from time-to-time, and logically, I will avoid sugars. Would you recommend me to finish my stage (1-2 years) or what should I do?