Genio vs chin implant

1Dekuu

1Dekuu

Iron
Genioplasty vs chin implant, which one do you guys think is better and why?

I think most people tend to favor osteonomies simply because you are using your own bone, but different cases can require different solutions. Sometimes adding the desired width might be too complicated for the surgeon or too risky, so opting for an implant would be better, etc. Both can give good results depending on planning.

• +1
Reactions: 1Dekuu
It depends on a case by case bases. A genioplasty is usually preferred by patients as it avoid the introduction of a foreign alloplastic substance.

• +1
Reactions: 1Dekuu and Sean o' Tist
if you are recessed you need genio, if you are not recessed and are not happy about the length or width projection then implant. but with a genio you can achieve both

• +1
Reactions: Sean o' Tist and 1Dekuu
Genioplastij

More natural
More versatile

• +1
Reactions: 1Dekuu
Genio I willl get it next year :love:

if you are recessed you need genio, if you are not recessed and are not happy about the length or width projection then implant. but with a genio you can achieve both
I think most people tend to favor osteonomies simply because you are using your own bone, but different cases can require different solutions. Sometimes adding the desired width might be too complicated for the surgeon or too risky, so opting for an implant would be better, etc. Both can give good results depending on planning.
How does genio add width? I thought it gives you an unnatural pointy extruded chin

How does genio add width? I thought it gives you an unnatural pointy extruded chin
Well the can cut the bone and extend the projection horozintally, same concept as vertically projecting the bone