Getting into entrepreneurship with PHD in STEM

ElectricalEngineer

ElectricalEngineer

Iron
Hello there! I am a current student at a T5 subject ranking engineering school studying electrical engineering with intentions to break into the semiconductor/digital IC design industry. I need a serious long term moneymaxx.

My grades and connections with professors are very good, so admission into my alma mater's PHD is essentially secured (especially so if I take a senior thesis course). However, the pay in semiconductors/digital IC design industry tops out at around 250k even at very high level R&D positions at prestigious companies. If I want to make serious money, and I mean SERIOUS money I'll have to break into entrepreneurship even if its a long road to success.

What do you guys think I should do to get into the industry after acquiring a few years of industry experience (and probably and MBA at the same time)? I'm a giga autist with access to infinite adderal/ephedrine so when it comes to being academically successful/being a powerhouse for work I'll be able to handle consistent high loads with little free time. Electrical engineering is my genuine passion, and my only other hobby is fitness.

I know that going into business is far down the line for me, but the more roadmapping I do and the more information and experience I can absorb through learning materials/supplementals/professionals the more likely it is that a business I start could be successful. So, being ambitious early on and planning ahead is something that I don't think will hurt me.

Feel free to give advice and discuss the intersections of STEM and entrepreneurship below. I'm excited to start talking about this so I can take the first steps to becoming a businessman. I'll be waiting with baited breath to discuss :)

• +1
Reactions: zxim
Wrong forum

• +1
Reactions: User28823, Clqs, ElectricalEngineer and 2 others
Having read this, it seems like you're looking for somebody to think of business ideas that you can copy without any need for creativity on your own behalf.
Nobody on this forum will be capable of giving you a roadmap of what to do after your PHD. Your circumstances and skills are individual to you.

I'm a giga autist with access to infinite adderal/ephedrine
You obviously have the discipline to work hard at any endeavour you choose, all you need is the ability to decide that endeavour yourself.

Let me add, to clarify, that in no way am I insulting you. Your achievements so far are commendable. But you aren't going to get any fruitful advice here. Most people on this forum are genuine spastics or have an inability to think for themselves.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, 97baHater and ElectricalEngineer
Bluds talking about his career on an incel forum, so over

• JFL
Reactions: Swarthy Knight, User28823 and Deleted member 78207
Having read this, it seems like you're looking for somebody to think of business ideas that you can copy without any need for creativity on your own behalf.
Nobody on this forum will be capable of giving you a roadmap of what to do after your PHD. Your circumstances and skills are individual to you.

You obviously have the discipline to work hard at any endeavour you choose, all you need is the ability to decide that endeavour yourself.

Let me add, to clarify, that in no way am I insulting you. Your achievements so far are commendable. But you aren't going to get any fruitful advice here. Most people on this forum are genuine spastics or have an inability to think for themselves.
I have some ideas in mind for what would potentially improve the IC space, but they are all low resolution because I genuinely don't have the industry experience to know what's going to be hot. I have a lot of time through my senior thesis to my PHD thesis to figure that out.

However, I understand your general advice now. This is probably the wrong forum to go on to ask for actual advice on entrepreneurship/looking for VC/figuring out how to get connections... I'm probably better off reading about business and going to my school's single credit hour seminars on entrepreneurship to get an actual idea on how this all works.

Also, I realize now this isn't a place where business owners who have it all together go and give advice...

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and aids
Bronkaid from Walmart and doctor who gave me infinite script for Adderall...

Look up Bronkaid/ephedrine from Walmart though, it's a serious weight loss and productivity hack.

• Love it
nigga asked this on an incel forum, with a straight face :feelskek:

• JFL
Reactions: User28823 and 97baHater

:bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain:

• +1
Reactions: aids
Bronkaid from Walmart and doctor who gave me infinite script for Adderall...

Look up Bronkaid/ephedrine from Walmart though, it's a serious weight loss and productivity hack.
do i need a prescription? I could prob get it since im asthmatic.

if i get it ill stack with caffeine and albuterol to boost metabolic rate

I have some ideas in mind for what would potentially improve the IC space, but they are all low resolution because I genuinely don't have the industry experience to know what's going to be hot. I have a lot of time through my senior thesis to my PHD thesis to figure that out.

However, I understand your general advice now. This is probably the wrong forum to go on to ask for actual advice on entrepreneurship/looking for VC/figuring out how to get connections... I'm probably better off reading about business and going to my school's single credit hour seminars on entrepreneurship to get an actual idea on how this all works.

Also, I realize now this isn't a place where business owners who have it all together go and give advice...

Thank you.
No worries, I'm super happy for you though. Looks like you have a plan and I hope that you can share your success here in the future ❤️

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Dndr but why you got a PHD if you gonna entrepreneurmax :forcedsmile: you could've used that money and time investing into your business instead

• +1
Reactions: aids
do i need a prescription? I could prob get it since im asthmatic.

if i get it ill stack with caffeine and albuterol to boost metabolic rate
Be careful with the ephedrine it can have some side effects I’m experiencing them rn ngl💀 so just take it easy if you decided to

• +1
Be careful with the ephedrine it can have some side effects I’m experiencing them rn ngl💀 so just take it easy if you decided to
Normal dose/serving?

Normal dose/serving?
Yeah I was on 12.5mg and still had some chest pain and high heart rate it’s definitely a good thing to take and it much safer then somthing like clen I just see people take like 50+mg and downing energy drinks not realizing the damage it can do

• Love it