Getting my last MSE w/ FM hooks

D

Deleted member 8758

Zephir
My ortho was saying that it wont produce much result (something I know already) but also said that it can push the lower jaw back. Im assuming she is talking about devices that rest on the chin. Are there any other models that dont rest on the the chin? Which should I buy before my 3rd (and final) MSE installation? Is the BOW compatible with adults?

Would the angle be pulled downward to increase the likeliness of disarticulating sutures (up to the bridge of the nose/brow) or should it be pulled upwards?

Assuming this MSE doesnt fuck up...again.

• +1
Reactions: bysontallou
My ortho was saying that it wont produce much result (something I know already) but also said that it can push the lower jaw back. Im assuming she is talking about devices that rest on the chin. Are there any other models that dont rest on the the chin? Which should I buy before my 3rd (and final) MSE installation? Is the BOW compatible with adults?

Would the angle be pulled downward to increase the likeliness of disarticulating sutures (up to the bridge of the nose/brow) or should it be pulled upwards?

Assuming this MSE doesnt fuck up...again.
What class maloclussion are you?

Age?

And what are your goals, what are you seeking to gain from MSE+FM?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758
Should've asked her why it pushes the mandible back. Though I would assume it's a result from the FM resting on the chin.

• +1
Did the 2 previous both fail?

• +1
What class maloclussion are you?

Age?

And what are your goals, what are you seeking to gain from MSE+FM?
-Class I
-Experimental outcome hoping for the best, expecting almost nothing
I want to report on the efficacy of protraction in adults and determine if its a meme or not. (Probably a meme, but I have the time to try it.)
Did the 2 previous both fail?
-First one failed to produce a suture split (no corticopuncture)

-Second one had a split but midway through expansion put too much force on my molars causing asymmetric dentoalveolar movement (mse placed more anterior w/ corticopuncture.) Later corrected by invisalign.

Unless you're a large guy, the bow should fit ok, but I made modifications to the padding and straps to improve the comfort and stability. I pull at an angle slightly down from the occlusal plane, but the attachment point on the bow wouldn't adjust much below that level because of the size of my head. I use a regular facemask with the pad on the chin during the day for convenience, but can't sleep with it. I guess the other option is something like the crane neck brace, but I haven't tried it.

• +1
Unless you're a large guy, the bow should fit ok, but I made modifications to the padding and straps to improve the comfort and stability. I pull at an angle slightly down from the occlusal plane, but the attachment point on the bow wouldn't adjust much below that level because of the size of my head. I use a regular facemask with the pad on the chin during the day for convenience, but can't sleep with it. I guess the other option is something like the crane neck brace, but I haven't tried it.
I'm 5'8nit sure if that's medium size for a guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back